PDA

View Full Version : insite error 5081

bekamon
3rd February, 2011, 06:51 PM
hello I have this error when I try to recalibrate the ecm

Belefronte
4th February, 2011, 12:01 AM
its about the communication? its in a Celect Plus?

joshplianfield
4th February, 2011, 12:13 AM
pretty sure 5081 is a communication error, are you able to connect at all and see parameters or is this a error you only get when trying to program.

are you trying to program over the 3 pin or the data link? If you are trying to communicate over the datalink that may be the issue (abs, trans, may be sending messages and disturbing you)

bekamon
4th February, 2011, 01:22 AM
the insite conect to ecm but don't show any parameter nothing,
the engine start and run but don't work good

joshplianfield
4th February, 2011, 04:30 AM
what connector are you using, what year truck and what is the setting you select at the bottom, j1587 j1939?

mathura
17th December, 2012, 04:59 PM
Need some advice here:

Error#5081
INSITE has detected the following ECM have an invalid footprint and must be recalibrated.

The engine is starting and working fine but I get this error when I try to connect, I get the work order screen and it is showing that it is connected. When I try to view any parameter I am seeing no ecm connected.

Regards

mathura
18th December, 2012, 10:19 AM
Still looking for some advice with the Error #5081 with this celect plus ecm, mounted on a M11 engine

pbateman
20th December, 2012, 02:48 AM
I believe from what I remember I ran into this once its a footprint issue with the ECM and it must be reflashed if I'm not mistaking.

mathura
20th December, 2012, 08:37 AM
I believe from what I remember I ran into this once its a footprint issue with the ECM and it must be reflashed if I'm not mistaking.

The engine is working fine why would the ECM needs to be reflashed, can someone explain this please.

Thanks

pbateman
22nd December, 2012, 02:24 AM
It like a corrupted file in a program. The ecm at one time may have been updated and the update may have not been correctly completed all the way. Also possible bad Cd software or firmware with the inline not so much with Nexiq. If any of the cases the Ecm will still allow the engine to start and even possibly do some test with insite but if you try and refresh it the program will lock up and quit working. Hope this helps better explain.

mathura
22nd December, 2012, 10:38 AM
It like a corrupted file in a program. The ecm at one time may have been updated and the update may have not been correctly completed all the way. Also possible bad Cd software or firmware with the inline not so much with Nexiq. If any of the cases the Ecm will still allow the engine to start and even possibly do some test with insite but if you try and refresh it the program will lock up and quit working. Hope this helps better explain.

Thanks Pbateman for your explaination

You suggest that I reflash the ECM because my cables and interface is perfect, I have tried it on a few other engines without any probelms.

This ECM has an immoblizer enabled, because the driver has a chip that he inserts in the cabin before the engine can start. I am asked to disable the immobilizer

pbateman
24th December, 2012, 02:39 AM
Thanks Pbateman for your explaination

You suggest that I reflash the ECM because my cables and interface is perfect, I have tried it on a few other engines without any probelms.

This ECM has an immoblizer enabled, because the driver has a chip that he inserts in the cabin before the engine can start. I am asked to disable the immobilizer

So if I understand you correctly then you have no other issues hooking to other trucks and communicting and or updating an ECM. If this is the case I would have to say either there is an issue with the backbone system not letting there be any communication from the plug in the cab to the ECM. Or the ECM is bad. Something that could be tried is hooking that ECM to another truck and seeing if it works in it and if it does then you know there is a communicating issue in the j1939 backbone to the ECM. This will usally consist of one resistor in the dash wiring and one on the exterior of the cab wiring usally located around the drivers side of the engine wall. hope this helps a little more.

mathura
24th December, 2012, 10:26 AM
So if I understand you correctly then you have no other issues hooking to other trucks and communicting and or updating an ECM. If this is the case I would have to say either there is an issue with the backbone system not letting there be any communication from the plug in the cab to the ECM. Or the ECM is bad. Something that could be tried is hooking that ECM to another truck and seeing if it works in it and if it does then you know there is a communicating issue in the j1939 backbone to the ECM. This will usally consist of one resistor in the dash wiring and one on the exterior of the cab wiring usally located around the drivers side of the engine wall. hope this helps a little more.

I am not hooking up in the cab but there is a plug next to the ECM and it runs of the J1708 protocol so I really don't think that it is an issue with back bone resistors.
However I plan to remove from the engine and use my bench cables to test as soon as time permits.

pbateman
28th December, 2012, 01:28 PM
Mathura when you do this let me know what you find always looking to learn about new things others may find that I havent come across.

mathura
28th December, 2012, 03:33 PM
Mathura when you do this let me know what you find always looking to learn about new things others may find that I havent come across.

Surely I will let you know, I have the truck in the shop at the moment concentrating on an overhaul, awaiting some parts so it is not a priority at the moment.

I am working on some other jobs but I will definetlely update post with my findings.

pichu2
31st December, 2012, 11:14 AM
hey!! mathura i have the harnnes(home made) for n14 i think is working too in m11 i send you the pictures if do you want, is ONLY that way for take off the footprint, recalibration ecm:)letme know happy new year:)

mathura
31st December, 2012, 01:19 PM
hey!! mathura i have the harnnes(home made) for n14 i think is working too in m11 i send you the pictures if do you want, is ONLY that way for take off the footprint, recalibration ecm:)letme know happy new year:)

Thanks pichu

I also have a harness (home made) that I normally use for the celect plus.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND ALL MY GOOD FRIENDS HERE AT DK

Regards