PDA

View Full Version : Upscalers?

canford
3rd February, 2011, 08:50 PM
Hi guys does anybody know if these upscalers work,got a virgin box and the picture quality is very poor on my 50 inch panasonic tv,the freesat HD built in the tv is out of this world quality wise.Here is the link to the type of thing i am on about: Genuiun Lenkeng LKV360 Scart to HDMI Converter Upscaler on eBay (end time 14-Feb-11 23:15:44 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuiun-Lenkeng-LKV360-Scart-HDMI-Converter-Upscaler-/380199456877?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item5885a7506d)

Has anyone had any experience with these units,I know this device only upscales the tv upto 720p but if they work it will be better than sd that virgin knock out.Thanks.

Sirus
4th February, 2011, 12:32 AM
A device that cheap wouldn't do a good job with picture quality I don't think.

Cheap ones don't make the initial picture better, it just scales it bigger to fit screen in a more natural way. It spreads one pixel detail across 4 pixels, making it less blocky on bigger screens, or something like that. If the picture is not scaled properly then the bigger the TV the more pixel blocks you will see at low resolutions.

Not like them Blu-ray dvd upscalers that use an engine to give a better picture.

groganator
4th February, 2011, 12:03 PM
If you look on ebay you could pickup a divdo scaler cheap you will get out standing picture detail on anythink connected to it up to 1080p

canford
4th February, 2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks just had alook at those units and they are bit pricey at mo,close up shots are not to bad,when you watch footy the images are very bad when the camera is taking distance shots,will keep looking.