PDA

View Full Version : Openbox S9 new firmware 01 02 2011

Data7
4th February, 2011, 05:25 PM
-http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YAT80Y24

OpenBox S9 Modified L53 Dump.file with Channel List [01 February 2011]
This is a modified L53 Dump file, and was released on [01 February 2011]
This L53_MOD Dump file is based on the latest firmware version [HDS2-11-01-02:0899CMT]

If you already have the previous L53_Dump file dated [10 January 2011] loaded, you may if you wish just load the updated channel list.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To keep your receiver & channel list upto date, go to the following link & download then install the latest channel list,
which I shall try and update on a weekly basis, with only the most relevant changes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Included in all the L53_MOD Dump files, is the latest L53 multi-satellite channel list.
The channel list default motor setting is: DisEqC 1.2.
Coverage of the channel list is: 45east to 30west.
Included in the zip file is a replace.list
Also included is a constant cw file, which contains active Biss keys, mainly for use on 26E 10E 5E & 4W.
The channel list can also be used on a fixed dish setup, simply click the Zoom or SatList button, and select any satellite from the data base that you wish to access.
================================================== =================================

What's New:
A number of new or updated channels on various satellites added.
Re-organised channel list on various satellites.

I believe all the channels that caused rebooting problems, have now all been removed.
To optimize this list & receiver to it's full potential, you will require a full multi-sat coverage cline.
================================================== =================================

Instructions:
Click Menu -> Tools -> Upgrade by USB -> Set Upgrade Mode to Image File -> Upgrade File select HDS2_L53_MOD -> Now select Start and click YES to install.

If this is the first time you have uploaded a Firmware or Dump.file, then you will also need to read the following instructions:-
1 Click Menu -> System Setup -> TV System -> Video Resolution this will return to the default setting of [1080i 60] after each upload, if your TV has a refresh rate of 50Mhz then set the video resolution to [1080i 50] and the picture will become clear now press exit
Now select Local Time Settings and set it as follows if your located in the UK:
1 GMT Usage ... ON
2 GMT Offset .. UTC+00:00
3 Summer Time . OFF
now click exit and exit again
Now select Network Local Setting and if your router supports DHCP then set it to On
otherwise you will need to configure the settings manually, once you have set it up click Apply then exit
Finally click CCcam Plug Setting, if you already have an active cccam.cfg file transfer it to a USB Stick insert the stick into the USB connection on the rear of the receiver and click Update Files By USB then select Option 1 in the popup box and click the OK button then click the Yellow button and your cccam.cfg files will be transfered
Now you need to activate the files, click CCcam Plug Setting then Manage Config Files click Option 1 and select each file in turn and click the OK button when you have a tick next to the files you wish to activate then exit.
To finish the activation and configuration process you must now reboot your receiver, then once it has restarted all should be okay.
The channel list included in the HDS2_L53_MOD file, includes the latest L53 multi-satellite channel list, this is by no means a finished list, and is still an ongoing project WITH REGULAR UPDATES.

How to add the replace.list file.
Click Menu -> Network Setup -> MGCamd Plug Settings -> Update Files by USB
-> replace.list [MGCamd Plug] now click either the OK or Green button to select replace.list and place a check mark next to it, once the check mark or tick is visable click the Yellow button to upload.
You can then if you wish, check to see if the list has been correctly added, by clicking Manage Config Files and clicking on replace.list if all went well, you will see the following example: X: {{ 1833 } { 1702 }}

How to add the Constant cw list.
Click Menu -> Network Setup -> CCam Client Setup -> Update Files by USB
-> Constant cw now click either the OK or Green button to select Constant cw and place a check mark next to it, once the check mark or tick is visable click the Yellow button to upload.
You can then if you wish, check to see if the keys have been correctly added, by clicking Manage Config Files and clicking on Constant cw if all went well, you will see all the keys listed.

Anyone may use, or share this modified Dump file, all I ask is that you do not remove, or edit the files included in any way, or add any other extra files, which are mainly spam, giving credit to some obscure web site.
Of course we are aware of the fact, that some still have a tendancy to ignore the above request.

NOTE: not my work found on another site thought may be usefull to someone here

r2ras
14th February, 2011, 04:42 PM
-http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YAT80Y24

OpenBox S9 Modified L53 Dump.file with Channel List [01 February 2011]
This is a modified L53 Dump file, and was released on [01 February 2011]
This L53_MOD Dump file is based on the latest firmware version [HDS2-11-01-02:0899CMT]

If you already have the previous L53_Dump file dated [10 January 2011] loaded, you may if you wish just load the updated channel list.

To keep your receiver & channel list upto date, go to the following link & download then install the latest channel list,
which I shall try and update on a weekly basis, with only the most relevant changes.

Included in all the L53_MOD Dump files, is the latest L53 multi-satellite channel list.
The channel list default motor setting is: DisEqC 1.2.
Coverage of the channel list is: 45east to 30west.
Included in the zip file is a replace.list
Also included is a constant cw file, which contains active Biss keys, mainly for use on 26E 10E 5E & 4W.
The channel list can also be used on a fixed dish setup, simply click the Zoom or SatList button, and select any satellite from the data base that you wish to access.

What's New:
A number of new or updated channels on various satellites added.
Re-organised channel list on various satellites.

I believe all the channels that caused rebooting problems, have now all been removed.
To optimize this list & receiver to it's full potential, you will require a full multi-sat coverage cline.

Instructions:
Click Menu -> Tools -> Upgrade by USB -> Set Upgrade Mode to Image File -> Upgrade File select HDS2_L53_MOD -> Now select Start and click YES to install.

If this is the first time you have uploaded a Firmware or Dump.file, then you will also need to read the following instructions:-
1 Click Menu -> System Setup -> TV System -> Video Resolution this will return to the default setting of [1080i 60] after each upload, if your TV has a refresh rate of 50Mhz then set the video resolution to [1080i 50] and the picture will become clear now press exit
Now select Local Time Settings and set it as follows if your located in the UK:
1 GMT Usage ... ON
2 GMT Offset .. UTC+00:00
3 Summer Time . OFF
now click exit and exit again
Now select Network Local Setting and if your router supports DHCP then set it to On
otherwise you will need to configure the settings manually, once you have set it up click Apply then exit
Finally click CCcam Plug Setting, if you already have an active cccam.cfg file transfer it to a USB Stick insert the stick into the USB connection on the rear of the receiver and click Update Files By USB then select Option 1 in the popup box and click the OK button then click the Yellow button and your cccam.cfg files will be transfered
Now you need to activate the files, click CCcam Plug Setting then Manage Config Files click Option 1 and select each file in turn and click the OK button when you have a tick next to the files you wish to activate then exit.
To finish the activation and configuration process you must now reboot your receiver, then once it has restarted all should be okay.
The channel list included in the HDS2_L53_MOD file, includes the latest L53 multi-satellite channel list, this is by no means a finished list, and is still an ongoing project WITH REGULAR UPDATES.

How to add the replace.list file.
Click Menu -> Network Setup -> MGCamd Plug Settings -> Update Files by USB
-> replace.list [MGCamd Plug] now click either the OK or Green button to select replace.list and place a check mark next to it, once the check mark or tick is visable click the Yellow button to upload.
You can then if you wish, check to see if the list has been correctly added, by clicking Manage Config Files and clicking on replace.list if all went well, you will see the following example: X: {{ 1833 } { 1702 }}

How to add the Constant cw list.
Click Menu -> Network Setup -> CCam Client Setup -> Update Files by USB
-> Constant cw now click either the OK or Green button to select Constant cw and place a check mark next to it, once the check mark or tick is visable click the Yellow button to upload.
You can then if you wish, check to see if the keys have been correctly added, by clicking Manage Config Files and clicking on Constant cw if all went well, you will see all the keys listed.

Anyone may use, or share this modified Dump file, all I ask is that you do not remove, or edit the files included in any way, or add any other extra files, which are mainly spam, giving credit to some obscure web site.
Of course we are aware of the fact, that some still have a tendancy to ignore the above request.

NOTE: not my work found on another site thought may be usefull to someone here
-----------------------------------------------------

Avoid this one if uv got dhcp off impossible to apply settings reboots constantly, buggy one

Data7
14th February, 2011, 04:51 PM
It aint rocket science to apply dhcp then do the changes then take the dhcp off if you need to.

the man
14th February, 2011, 05:19 PM
are backup dumps not now bricking boxs?

Data7
14th February, 2011, 05:25 PM
there is no problem backing up with this image.

the man
14th February, 2011, 05:48 PM
there is no problem backing up with this image.

I had read OpenBox S9 Modified backups have bricked clone openbox s9!

hooley
15th February, 2011, 11:30 AM
I had read OpenBox S9 Modified backups have bricked clone openbox s9!
Taken from another forum:

I've been in touch with one of the manufactures of the OpenBox, and apparently this can be caused by installing the Firmware, Dump or Misc files incorrectly, if for example you install new firmware or files without first removing the old one, it can on occasions, depending upon the size and file being installed become to large for the allocated space assigned for software updates, and as parts of the previous file was not removed, it will take up a portion of the allotted space required by the new update, as certain elements or parts of the installation can then end up overwriting, and damaging the bootloader, which will then give the Clone error message, as the software has corrupted the bootloader by overflow.

Try contacting your supplier, and see if he can send you a loader and the required bootloader software [most companys have a loader for re-installing the bootloader software, but they prefer not to make them public downloads] and you should be able to fix the problem yourself, that is if it is a bootloader problem.

kingtj64
15th February, 2011, 11:47 AM
So how do we delete the old firmware via usb ?

or does it have to be connected to a PC ?

thanks

hooley
15th February, 2011, 01:47 PM
So how do we delete the old firmware via usb ?

or does it have to be connected to a PC ?

thanks

I reckon the best thing to do would be to load a new firmware by itself then put a channel list on after, just to be on the safe side. The problems seem to happen when you load a dump file with firmware and channel list combined. I'm sure plenty of people will say they have no problem but I'm just advising what iv read

bighun
15th February, 2011, 03:02 PM
i have been using firmware from this manufacturer Openbox S9 HD PVR Software - New!_Shenzhen Yojia Technology Co., Ltd. (http://www.yojiatech.com/a/about/News_Center/2011/0110/53.html) and it is working fine the date on this one is 10/1/11
this is just firmware no channel list is on it

Data7
15th February, 2011, 05:08 PM
Well I have flashed over 40 openboxs over the last 6 month and I never had a single problem. I think it is down to the person putting on the new firmware. total bollox scarre mongering to stop people from buy the cheapest openbox out there.:cobblers:

the man
15th February, 2011, 05:31 PM
Well I have flashed over 40 openboxs over the last 6 month and I never had a single problem. I think it is down to the person putting on the new firmware. total bollox scarre mongering to stop people from buy the cheapest openbox out there.:cobblers:

iv seen pic`s mate ,only afected by dumps ,
as far as i know the offical f/w g8
I also herd there a new silver one out soon and a twin tuner one, tbh i love the box , just been updatng ch list for somone , imho way beter then the 800s i once had.

mept1
15th February, 2011, 06:37 PM
If your factory reset first ,..then use a dump,..it avoids any possible problems.

jelkoyu
16th February, 2011, 01:23 PM
i have installed the latset L53 mod file but still suffering from rebooting problem. The claim the 1st feb L53 mod file eliminates rebooting dosent seem correct

eattheliving
16th February, 2011, 04:26 PM
i have installed the latset L53 mod file but still suffering from rebooting problem. The claim the 1st feb L53 mod file eliminates rebooting dosent seem correct

is this rebooting from standby or rebooting because of multiple same channel entries mate?
:manuscarf:

dell_xps
16th February, 2011, 07:16 PM
M_HDS2_CMT_1011161214.abs
look for this file m8, i was getting the fault as you described until I installed this firmware.
Do a factory reset, format your memory stick then load it up.
HTH

Data7
16th February, 2011, 07:41 PM
You have to remember if people have rescanned the channels and then saved the image it will have saved the bolloxed channels that were removed in the original moded image. it aint no sweat to get rif of the 8 channels that cause the reboot. I do it all the time. but when I do a rescan for updateing the channels I have to go threw them all again to get rid of them.

Data7
16th February, 2011, 07:42 PM
M_HDS2_CMT_1011161214.abs
look for this file m8, i was getting the fault as you described until I installed this firmware.
Do a factory reset, format your memory stick then load it up.
HTH

If you instal this version you will get glitching on the HD channels. so be warned.

mept1
16th February, 2011, 09:05 PM
If you instal this version you will get glitching on the HD channels. so be warned.

why? explain

dell_xps
17th February, 2011, 12:38 AM
Yes please explain that one m8 ?
Your firmware when I load it up doesn't show
up the sat Im after in the list, do I just press zoom on remote
and it should find it, not very clear for a newb m8.

Data7
17th February, 2011, 01:02 AM
there was two firmwares released one ending 214 with the server details showing and one version ending 216 that hides the server details. When I tested each one the 214 played up on the hd channels so use at your own risk. Just pointing out what will happen.
PS the image i gave a link for is for a multisat setup if you only need 28.2 just untick the other satellites. or better still delete all the channels in the first icon in the menu. and load your old tp-prog over it. the image will still give you all the new channels but you will have to clean up the changed satellite channels.

dell_xps
17th February, 2011, 03:58 AM
Ok m8, going to load this onto the box today.
I only need 28.2, will report back if I can get it working,
cheers for the tip.

dell_xps
18th February, 2011, 04:29 PM
Ok m8, did what you said, and all good, keep getting a message saying moving dish when changing channel sometimes, apart from that all good.
Might look at getting a motorised dish now, sat is the way forward !!

southpaw
18th February, 2011, 05:05 PM
can anybody tell me how to find out which firmware is on the box , i have new box this week , and just wondering if i need to update it , or just stick a favs list on

billy1977
18th February, 2011, 05:20 PM
yep it aint rocket science

hooley
18th February, 2011, 05:22 PM
can anybody tell me how to find out which firmware is on the box , i have new box this week , and just wondering if i need to update it , or just stick a favs list on
What does it say in the version? This tells you what firmware you are on. You can find this by menu/tools/information. Version is on the fourth line.

southpaw
18th February, 2011, 05:34 PM
What does it say in the version? This tells you what firmware you are on. You can find this by menu/tools/information. Version is on the fourth line.

cheers mate , 4th line says HDS2-10-07-12-0290CMT

Is this an old firmware ?

btw , thanks for that reply billy , nice start to the forum , i can see you gonna be a really helpful poster ,

hooley
18th February, 2011, 06:28 PM
cheers mate , 4th line says HDS2-10-07-12-0290CMT

Is this an old firmware ?

btw , thanks for that reply billy , nice start to the forum , i can see you gonna be a really helpful poster ,
Thats a very old one man, newest one is here.http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/openbox-s9-hd-pvr-linux-satellite-box-158127/index26.html
down the bottom of the page

Starteck2002
1st April, 2011, 11:11 PM
Hi, I'm new to the OpenBox (other boxes i have are Dreambox 500, 600 and 800HD and a spiderbox). Does this firmware have issues with clone boxes or is there any such thing?

bowden2010
14th April, 2011, 08:43 PM
hi i have just bought a box can someone tell me how i set it up iv orderd a 48 hour cline i am waiting for it can any one help me with the basics

Shezsharks
24th May, 2011, 11:20 AM
I bought one of these boxes from Dreambox Sales UK, I now notice in tinchy writing at the bottom of the site page that it is a clone box. I have just tried to set up this box for the first time and cannot change it from chinese to English, I downloaded a manual from the net as there was not one included and it shows where to change the language but I cannot highlight the top option to change to English, how to I change this glitch? Now when I switch the box on below comes up:(chinese writing)V.format (chinese writing)NTSC (chinese writing) and I cant get into the Menu to fix this in fact I cant use the box at all. I had been able to get into menu but it was all in chinese and when I eventually found English it could not be highlighted so I couldnt change it.ThanksIm hoping all I need to do is plug in the usb with the update firmware and this will activate itself anyone any ideas????

royboyz
24th May, 2011, 11:37 AM
Enrol for Chinese classes

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

DW190
24th May, 2011, 12:24 PM
I bought one of these boxes from Dreambox Sales UK, I now notice in tinchy writing at the bottom of the site page that it is a clone box. I have just tried to set up this box for the first time and cannot change it from chinese to English, I downloaded a manual from the net as there was not one included and it shows where to change the language but I cannot highlight the top option to change to English, how to I change this glitch? Now when I switch the box on below comes up:(chinese writing)V.format (chinese writing)NTSC (chinese writing) and I cant get into the Menu to fix this in fact I cant use the box at all. I had been able to get into menu but it was all in chinese and when I eventually found English it could not be highlighted so I couldnt change it.ThanksIm hoping all I need to do is plug in the usb with the update firmware and this will activate itself anyone any ideas????

Hopefully the menus will remain in the same places and the menu icons should be of international standard.

Try this:

Press the exit button about six times times to make sure you are back to the
normal screen.

Press menu
Scroll down to the third icon which should be System Setup (two cog wheels)
Use the right arrow and the top (language) should highlight, press ok then use the right or left arrow until you come to English then press OK. Press exit, you may be asked to save changes, press ok on the left one.

Failing all that try this

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRieXNOCCf8v5pXG-hpCGWk2GSh1bPPa1WCbcW3_d1hYtTECJBBzw

shaans
25th May, 2011, 12:36 PM
thanks great help

sakin
17th June, 2011, 05:29 PM
Firmware Openbox S9HD Europe 17/06/2011

The manufacturer says:For Europe version software, its mainly features are as follows:

1.updated mediaplayer to support some video formats--VCD(MPEG1),DVD(MPEG2),AVC,MP4(H.264)
2.modified multi-cas read cards.and menu to disable EMM.
3.add Indonesia language
4.updated Slovak language,add Czech language
5.updated Russia language,add Persian language
6.modified some biss encrypt to decode biss channels
7.added C Band LNB local frequency:3620MHZ
8.added local time setting ---- bangkok/jakarta GMT+7 .
9.added patch to support softcam.key format.
10.modified some HD channels playing reboot problems
11.modified background connect to internet
12.add to 32 FAV list
13. Add HDMI and AV output at the same time

https://rapidshare.com/files/3945367317/OPENBOX_S9_HDS2_EuropeVer.zip

Danzz
12th July, 2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the firmware :)

entropy
5th September, 2011, 10:27 PM
just bought an s9 from dc recievers in leicester, i have no idea if its a clone or not, but has english plug and everythings in english.

ive heard this new firmware will kill yout s9 if its a clone, is this true? was hoping to use the latest one if at all possible.