PDA

View Full Version : CUMMIN M-11 RECALIBRATION QUESTION ?

dieselman77
5th February, 2011, 02:31 AM
Question for everyone Have a cummins m-11 in an international and i am trying to find the plug under the hood to recalibrate it. Does it have a 2 pin or a 3 pin connector ? it has a 9 pin in the cab and the truck is a 2000 dont know it that will make a difference also wondering how to find out what the differences are between the cpl numbers it is cpl 2607 330hp and 1200 ft lbs torque gonna flash it to 350hp and 1350 ft lbs torque really wants to turn it up to 400 hp but dont want it to blow up thank you all have a good one

hercamp
5th February, 2011, 03:00 AM
if is a celect sistem!!! most have the deutch 6 pins in cab..and a packard for data connections.
if is celect plus most have deutch 6 pins in cabine and a deutch 6 pins near of ecm ,to servive tool connection of station works,and in some dodels the internal triangle 3 pins terminal ....near of ecm arnnes too.

if is a celect ,is not problem to recalibrat, the ecm from cab..because all process is with the ignition on,
if is a celect plus ...you need to be connected to service terminal(near of ecm) because you need to transmite data with the ignition off.
and from 350 to 400 is not too much differences ,maybe only the final engine speed can change to 1800 to 2100 rpms ,and torq but not bigg changes.

dieselman77
5th February, 2011, 03:19 AM
Thank you hercamp i tired plugging into the 3 pin triangle connector under the hood but it would not connect maybe because the key has to ge off or maybe wrong plug not sure have to try again also it has a 9 pin in the cab not a 6 pin connector i thought it should have a 6 pin the truck is 2000 could not tell if it was celect of celect plus but is is a 330 hp esp i think the esp only came with the celect plus

hercamp
5th February, 2011, 03:58 PM
well if in the cab is 9 pin deutch terminal, most be a celect plus+ and most look under hood if near of engine and ecm is the deutch 6 pin, the triangle do not works 100% well in celect plus ,also with inline is very hard connect with that line...I really in this model never try to recalibrate through triangle conection,only use that to make hard tests, also is not j1708 protocol is the j1939 and need the 120 0h resistance or inline with backb adapter,

if you have a celect the chance to change hp is until 500 hp...and with celect plus is same option with incal,just try use the connection as near as can possible to ecm.

dieselman77
5th February, 2011, 05:58 PM
thank you again hercamp i tried to find the 6 pin under the hood but the engine is buried under the dash and i am gonna have to crawl under the truck and find it have a good one and thank you again

hercamp
6th February, 2011, 06:05 PM
ah yeah lol
I forget that was an international.....look in the right side of the ecm...you can find that.