PDA

View Full Version : New EMU- Why Bother?

Celtictiger
19th April, 2008, 11:22 PM
As the title states...I see the much anticipated new EMU has been released over at dw Hypercam 0.44). So my question is a simple one...If after updating your nagrarom files and having a perfectly working service what benifit is there in changing to he latest EMU offering when my box is work fine

smirnoff_rules
19th April, 2008, 11:32 PM
l cant see why theres updates unless theres peeps havin problems in different areas ?

Devilfish
20th April, 2008, 12:05 AM
I gives you another option. We've been relying on the same emu for too long now. It's good that folk have taken the initiative to create a new one.

But if your box is working with the new roms, there's no need to change. If you feel like having a play about and testing some new shit (that's what the dreambox is all about...if it's not broken, it doesn't have enough features yet) then by all means, give it a go and report your findings. :)

wiiman
20th April, 2008, 12:29 AM
I need a more reliable emu, evocam won't work here and mgcam has freezing issues for me.

Jaffa
20th April, 2008, 07:43 AM
From what I have read on the hypercam EMU, it still needs tweaked for the dreambox as it was developed for the itgate system. Its great to see others have took the challenge on to try to get it working with dreambox and then I suppose dbox2. All that stuff is way over my head but I appreciate the efforts of others, especially the hypercam developers who have shared it.

Apparently the hypercam will succeed where others EMUs failed when the boxes where hit...we can only wait and see.

wiiman
20th April, 2008, 10:43 AM
I need a more reliable emu, evocam won't work here and mgcam has freezing issues for me.

After constant freezing in the buildup to the calzage fight last nite i tried evocam again and its working again! and it hasn't frozen since, strange though as when the fix came along i tried it and it didn't work.

C64
20th April, 2008, 12:39 PM
Apparently the hypercam will succeed where others EMUs failed when the boxes where hit...we can only wait and see.

Bold claims, especially as the ITgate floundered like a big wet jelly fish and was only fixed after ASTRA/Hackmax (and TBC) released his (their) Linux fix.

Anyone can see that the ITgate team were not capabile of creating a fix and were just holding back for the fix to arrive, this played a major part in the reason why the Linux fix was intentionally delayed by Hackmax.

Hopefully the Hypercam is an independant piece of work written by others, great to see it arrive none the less.

Devilfish
20th April, 2008, 01:14 PM
Hopefully I'll get a chance to test it out in the next few days.

C64
20th April, 2008, 01:51 PM
I had a look on DW and it is the fix that we were promised, looks good, but how good the emu actually is remains to be seen, a little worrying that it arrived after the astra fix, it would have held more water if it arrived before the astra fix.

Devilfish
20th April, 2008, 03:00 PM
There was always a rush to get it out before the new roms came out. But they didn't want to release it without fully testing it and risk it not working properly. When the new roms came out, that gave them more time to test it some more on different platforms.

C64
20th April, 2008, 03:20 PM
...that's the official line yes, and i hope it's true, but i can't help but be suspicious :)

satman
16th June, 2008, 12:34 AM
Bold claims, especially as the ITgate floundered like a big wet jelly fish and was only fixed after ASTRA/Hackmax (and TBC) released his (their) Linux fix.

Anyone can see that the ITgate team were not capabile of creating a fix and were just holding back for the fix to arrive, this played a major part in the reason why the Linux fix was intentionally delayed by Hackmax.

Hopefully the Hypercam is an independant piece of work written by others, great to see it arrive none the less.

interesting thoughts.... Yes it went down with the rest of them. Using , at the time, the same cams as dreambox then I'm not suprised..
Hypercam was already about before the hit , avid tm9100 fans will tell you that too, as it already worked on that for satellite as well as the itgate boxes,, ,reason being the tm images are built from an itgate cvs., but it had to be re-wrote for nagra1, which it was, and is now in use and working fine, ( well for some reason to get the AU you change channel but that will be looked at )..
The guys who wrote the cam had never inteneded this on a dreambox as it was wrote for these other two boxes.. Thing is, now a litttle bird tells me there nearly complete hypercam for the hd chip boxes like the ip9000 and ip900, which i know has took there time, I am hoping after thats complete i can aquire a dream version for the good of everyone in the future....
But as mentioned in the thread, the problem at the time was too many people moaning, and too less people doing something about it,, but i can assure you for one point where you are complety off the mark as to where you say we ( the itgate team ) done nothing and relyed on other people, as that is just utter nonsense,,
How do I know? coz i was one of the few people who didnt get to there beds for a week, and as well as releasing as many keypacks i could make for ALL types of boxes and keep everyone with an itgate happy i think your being VERY unfair,, the guys could update the keys at the touch of a button and was updated all day on every keyroll, as well as trying to dump cards and chat to hypercam team about the situation,,, as much as it was never the final answer it is still very well supported, which i am sure any itgate user will tellyou.......But all the time hypercam guys were connected to boxes and running tests on the stream to see what the attack had been and how to solve it, and then add it to hypercam .

[/end of the topic on my behalf]

regards and peace ! :smokin:

edited--- sorry just read somethin else that you are obviously not getting thru your head

I had a look on DW and it is the fix that we were promised, looks good, but how good the emu actually is remains to be seen, a little worrying that it arrived after the astra fix, it would have held more water if it arrived before the astra fix.

It took a week longer because hypercam had never run with nagra1 and the nagra side of the cam had to be writen from scratch and was wrote to be a simulation rather than emulation,,,,,,,,,,,,, but that doesnt just happen in a day unless your some biblogical person,,, patching the roms files was a class act, but didnt quite involve as much coding!

javaoverride
20th July, 2008, 01:58 PM
i can confirm that us itgate users were very happy

being able to install the key pack from the pannel while the real fix was being worked on was a great help and the key packs came just mins after the keys rolled

persoanl satman saved me a lot of ear ache from the G/F i thanked him at the time and ill thank him again thanks satman from me and i think from most if not of the itgate users