PDA

View Full Version : Insite 6.4 celect high idle adjustment

joe gp
7th February, 2011, 08:59 AM
hi guys

love the site, avid follower of DK!

I have an issue and would appreciate some advice....got a 1574 celect on the truck with high idle at 1000rpm....for some odd can't remember where on insite to adjust it????:viking:

wanna bring it down to around 600rpm...

regards
Joe

jtr8178
7th February, 2011, 12:44 PM
hi guys

I have an issue and would appreciate some advice....got a 1574 celect on the truck with high idle at 1000rpm....for some odd can't remember where on insite to adjust it????:viking:

regards
Joe

In Insite, all the engine changes are under Features & Parameters. Remember: You can't change all parameters, as some are locked and I believe they have a little icon next to them in Insite.

jctech
7th February, 2011, 04:16 PM
In Insite, all the engine changes are under Features & Parameters. Remember: You can't change all parameters, as some are locked and I believe they have a little icon next to them in Insite.

Idle speed is adjustable from 600 to 1000
Why was idle speed set to 1000 RPM?

hercamp
8th February, 2011, 12:17 AM
I ve seen in some m11 ..with celect that have injection problems , and get that high idle speed when the engine is warm.
950 or 1000rpms....thats not normal..and I ve never seen an idle adjust at hight rpms..also in pto mode is only at 800 and with increasy /decreassy button is possible but need to be program to have that option.

mega357
8th February, 2011, 03:10 AM
If idle running turns are equal 1000, it is similar to a problem with injectors. Forgive for my English.

torqueman
8th February, 2011, 04:01 AM
bro,
is it high idle or low idle.make sure if it is high idle that is ok I think.if its only low idle rpm then you can go to features and parameters/idle adjustment.

IYA
8th February, 2011, 05:32 AM
hi guys

regards
Joe
I think you have bigger problem.When you first start the engine in the morning does it idle normal?As it starts to warm up the idle increases til it hits 1000 rpm right.I you engage the fan does idle speed decrease?I this is the case then you need to rebuild the injectors.All n14 cpl 1574 and 1573 injectors tend to cause this problem.Then will run fine except for the high idle problem.Some people just live with it.

joe gp
9th February, 2011, 07:48 AM
changed it in parameters to 600 and still idling high at 956rpm.......

joe gp
9th February, 2011, 07:49 AM
I ve seen in some m11 ..with celect that have injection problems , and get that high idle speed when the engine is warm.
950 or 1000rpms....thats not normal..and I ve never seen an idle adjust at hight rpms..also in pto mode is only at 800 and with increasy /decreassy button is possible but need to be program to have that option.

this is exactly where i'm leaning towards now......thanks hercamp..owner agreed to "Live with it" lol

joe gp
9th February, 2011, 07:50 AM
I think you have bigger problem.When you first start the engine in the morning does it idle normal?As it starts to warm up the idle increases til it hits 1000 rpm right.I you engage the fan does idle speed decrease?I this is the case then you need to rebuild the injectors.All n14 cpl 1574 and 1573 injectors tend to cause this problem.Then will run fine except for the high idle problem.Some people just live with it.

iya... the idle does not increase but goes immediately to 965rpm....

jctech
9th February, 2011, 04:31 PM
changed it in parameters to 600 and still idling high at 956rpm.......

You need to get injectors overhauled or fit Cummins ReCon

IYA
10th February, 2011, 02:59 AM
iya... the idle does not increase but goes immediately to 965rpm....
Im talking about when you first start it in the morning
usually idle is normal then starts to increase slowly.After
that if you shut it down and restart it engine will go straight
to 950 or so.If you pop test one of those injectors the
plunger actualy bounces back up which is what causes the
high idle.The bouncing affect is what causes the high idle.
If Im right and there is no power at that idle speed then
turning on the fan or disconnecting an injector will bring the
idle down.Every time a cust comes with an issue like this I
end up changing all six injectors and problem solved.Only
the old 1574,1573,ect injectors have this issue.Have not
seen it on newer injectors like 1807 and above.Good luck!

donniemnemonic
11th February, 2011, 12:04 AM
hi guys

regards
Joe

Also ensure that you are running the ecm on the correct cpl truck because sometimes running a 1574 ecm on an 1807 ecm can produce that idle problem when there is no particular fault in injectors. Although running an 1807 ecm on a 1574 truck doesn't seem to have the same effect of high idling.:hello: