PDA

View Full Version : HELP

wb50
7th December, 2008, 07:13 PM
New to all this I have a Starview silver box quite small tried to put new keys in it said downloading 100% put it all back and it only has a - on the display and on the TV it just says THE BOX have I cocked up? If so it's a bin job

ramjet
7th December, 2008, 07:18 PM
if it says the box its a starview 2

download the v4.03 loader and the v4.55 bin file from downloads , and flash the box with it , factory reset and start from scratch as if its new to you

menu 1570 to get into secret menu , set keys default near the bottom , and turn emu on at the bottom , exit and try it

wb50
7th December, 2008, 07:41 PM
Tried that but when I press menu nothing happens I have switched the box off and on. the box lights up with ---- then on the tv it says the box but I cannot do anything else from the remote

bugaloo41
7th December, 2008, 07:44 PM
have a read at the thread here - in particular the loading instructions for your box.

ramjet
7th December, 2008, 07:46 PM
not only read the instructions , turn the box off , start the downloader and quickly turn the box on again with the rear switch

not interested in the remote until you flash it and factory reset it and its working

wb50
7th December, 2008, 07:47 PM
tried to reload file but it wont download again I think Ive knackered it up good time

ramjet
7th December, 2008, 07:56 PM
assuming your com ports ok and you are using a null modem cable from a pc running xp it should work , but can take many goes to go in

I did one last week and kept going maybe 12 times before I got the download into it , and yet the other one I did before it went in first time

you just got to keep flashing it until it kicks in , or go back to v4.01 and try to upgrade gradually , just make sure you are using the v4.03 loader and not the v4.00 one , and always flash from the switch on , so downloader going first , then switch on asap

wb50
7th December, 2008, 08:27 PM
Will keep trying as it says Flash update fail the box did flash lights from left to right so switched it off and back on again thanks anyway will try later on

ramjet
7th December, 2008, 08:37 PM
make sure you only do this in xp and not vista

wb50
7th December, 2008, 08:38 PM
Will do many thanks

ramjet
7th December, 2008, 09:18 PM
better not be a clone either or you will brick it

and no I dont know the difference but red paint on internal screws seems to be a favourite giveaway on some boxes