PDA

View Full Version : MPPS full read or Galletto partial read?

se93
8th February, 2011, 03:00 AM
Hello to all

I fully comprehend the inherent risks involved in using clone tools for read/writing but i have a question regarding the MPPS full read and the Galletto partial read. For example on the BMW E46 in which i have successfully read the stock file (32KB size file) with the Galletto clone, is it safer to write with the Galletto partial read or safer using the MPPS full read? Is the full file safer to write to the ecu than the partial file?

Some tell me that if the Galletto has read without any problems it will also be successful writing to the ecu as well.

Can anyone shed any information with regards to this? I have been considering getting the good EU version MPPS clone for the particular reason to get a full file read in case of any problems writing to the ecu in which the Galletto only provides a partial read.

By the way, will the MPPS clone do a full read on the MS42 ecu?

If anyone can provide some information to clear this up, i will greatly appreciate it

ominimicu
8th February, 2011, 11:15 AM
Get the mpps it will do all BMW MS ECU full read via K line.

the 32kb partial dump wont be enought to remap your car. and galleto can brick the ecu. Mpps at least has recovery function.

rappttor
8th February, 2011, 12:56 PM
full or partial, is better or not, depending on the tool properties you use, but generally speaking, a full read is always a good thing, it gives you more options in case of a write fail...
galetto is a good tool if just take in consider the price and its capabilities, but if he read ok it doesent necessarily write ok as well, the problems appear almost always in writing...anyway, it's old history now...good to have though...

get a mpps, is the next clone step :)))

ps: i think cartech will gain a lot if they will make a special offer/case for update the clones :viking:, if they are smart this market can be used :)))

se93
8th February, 2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I am surely going to purchase the MPPS clone and work with that to do my first write on my BMW. I have heard many good things about the MPPS clone especially the clone version made in Europe, so this will be my next purchase. The recovery mode option in the MPPS is also added security in case of something going bad.

Thanks to all and have a great day!

sjonv
12th February, 2011, 11:08 PM
kwp2000+ is also a good option for this ecu. I have this one and tested 100%