PDA

View Full Version : how do i pair my router / wireless with my wireless ??

kingy999
8th February, 2011, 02:23 PM
hi all

i have just bought Tenda w311r+ , i was told that it could be used as a router upstairs and it can pick up my bt broardband ,

but its not that easy !!! i cant pair the Tenda with my hub ?

does anyone or can anyone help .. i no a bit but not alot ..so as simply as you can please ..

as i say all i need to do is pair/connect the tenda to my wireless network then i can run xbox/pc wired from the tenda , but the tenda will be wireless ...

any help will be good thanks

Shady
8th February, 2011, 02:28 PM
let me get this straight.. you're trying to connect to your bt homehub with another adsl router?

kingy999
8th February, 2011, 02:52 PM
let me get this straight.. you're trying to connect to your bt homehub with another adsl router?

hi , no the other way around , its a router + bridge (so he told me)
to my bt home hub , basicly i dont want loads of cables running up the front of the house , so i have this tenda router/bridge , its ment to conect to the hub wirelessly , the when its up stairs i can connect the xbox + pc wired to it , as it has 4 number conections on it that i can connect to ..

hope this make sense ...

thanks

psyx0
8th February, 2011, 10:00 PM
WISP router you need some like a Airlive 5460v2 in WISP mode to connect from WiFi network or RJ-45 cable.

sheiky
29th March, 2011, 07:25 PM
Hi,
This took me forever to do but guide that help was
Look at: Tenda Wireless N-150 / W311R+ Router (http://strayed.co.uk/2010/04/15/tenda-wireless-n-150-router-unboxing-setup-review/)

good luck and questions welcomed!