PDA

View Full Version : dm800 can not tune any satelite

ecimadh
8th February, 2011, 03:38 PM
Dear Friends

I have a very strange problem with my dreambox when i connect my dreambox directly with LNB cable it does not picks any Frequencies, Manual search results in no service found same is the case with automatic search. if i try to lock on to a TP i don't see any SNR or Gain it stays at 0 . I tried many cables at my places different satellite and no scan. However all the cables work fine with my other receivers on their individual boxes. Surprisingly this box worked at couple of other places so i bought my friends dreambox at my home and they worked as well.

Strange thing i tried when i connect my dreambox LNB IN to my other receivers LNB out to get the feed it is able to lock in most of the frequencies The only disadvantage in this setup is i loose some quality hence i amnot getting a good signal.

So what confuses me is that why the dreambox can not scan anything when its connected directly and only scans when it is connected via other receiver. Also to rule out any cable short circuit fault i tried with many cables at my place but it did not worked however the same box appears to be working.

Can someone explain what could be the issue with the box that it does not likes cables at my house coming from differrent satelites

Many thanks for your help ai am very confused and tensed pls help.

shedoz
8th February, 2011, 03:49 PM
:ciao::ciao:strange:help::help:

kbob
8th February, 2011, 04:54 PM
Dear Friends

I have a very strange problem with my dreambox when i connect my dreambox directly with LNB cable it does not picks any Frequencies, Manual search results in no service found same is the case with automatic search. if i try to lock on to a TP i don't see any SNR or Gain it stays at 0 . I tried many cables at my places different satellite and no scan. However all the cables work fine with my other receivers on their individual boxes. Surprisingly this box worked at couple of other places so i bought my friends dreambox at my home and they worked as well.

Strange thing i tried when i connect my dreambox LNB IN to my other receivers LNB out to get the feed it is able to lock in most of the frequencies The only disadvantage in this setup is i loose some quality hence i amnot getting a good signal.

So what confuses me is that why the dreambox can not scan anything when its connected directly and only scans when it is connected via other receiver. Also to rule out any cable short circuit fault i tried with many cables at my place but it did not worked however the same box appears to be working.

Can someone explain what could be the issue with the box that it does not likes cables at my house coming from differrent satelites

Many thanks for your help ai am very confused and tensed pls help.
Sounds like your tuner voltage is missing or faulty and the other box is supplying voltage when you connect through it.:bird:

ecimadh
8th February, 2011, 11:54 PM
But my freind as i mentioned the same box worked wellat somebody's place now i am not really sure if he was connecting another box atthe same time or not which was supplying power to LNB

Thanks your suggestion is meaningful is there a way to check this.

ecimadh
10th February, 2011, 11:13 AM
Hi Freinds i checked and it looks like that the tuner is not supplying any voltage out of it, is there any known issue around this can there be a repair i could carry out myself easily for this. Kindly reply.

thanks for help.:ciao::ciao::ciao:

owenb
10th February, 2011, 11:34 AM
well u can change the tuner i know that mate