PDA

View Full Version : e machines

paul hick
9th February, 2011, 07:33 PM
my parents have got an e machine laptop that is running super slow at the moment,it has vista installed on it and i want to try and factory reset it but cant for the life of me work out how to do it,can anyone shed any light on this please.

Shady
9th February, 2011, 07:35 PM
lol its running vista.. that thing is a resource hog if ever i saw one. shite os. really shite. best thing you can do for your parents is wipe the lot and install windows 7. available from all the usual places ;)

daithi
9th February, 2011, 09:00 PM
type restore into the search engine on computer where programs is
http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/systemrestore.png
when it opens just follow the prompts

than select restore points older than 5 days and select how far ya want the computer to go back to

johnboy1974
9th February, 2011, 09:34 PM
ive been running vista since it came out and its fine

try typing in msconfig in your search box then click the start up tab
look through the start up programs and only run programs you need to run.
defragment your hard disc using the disc defragmenter in system tools. This should speed things up a bit.

Shady
9th February, 2011, 09:35 PM
ive been running vista since it came out and its fine

you sir, are in a minority of one

Canker_Canison
11th February, 2011, 02:06 PM
If I'm ever called to work on a PC or Laptop & find it's got Vista on it...... It get's formatted & XP installed. I've not jumped to Windows7 yet, got the disk, just happy with XP for now.

can anyone shed any light on this pleaseYou could install Malwarebytes & update any anti virus software that's installed. Do a full scan with both programes & see what they find.

If you also install something like Advanced Windows Optimizer. This will remove all the junk files & unused pieces of crap that's cluttering the system. It also has a Registry cleaner that can help move things along.

I have serials for the software mentioned, PM me if you need them.

Once you've done all that run a defrag of the drive.

paul hick
11th February, 2011, 07:44 PM
how do i go about formatting the drive?
can get a copy of xp no problem so would just need some codes if you have them.

jamjakhay
11th February, 2011, 08:20 PM
I received a laptop with vista and 1gb of memory very very slow,
added another 1gb of memory and it's a lot faster now.

paul hick
12th February, 2011, 05:10 PM
have re installed windows but there is a file containing windows.old,how do i restore programs off this please?