PDA

View Full Version : how about Pass-Thru

grinovsky
9th February, 2011, 08:56 PM
bosch KTS is the first and the only multi bands interface in the world that use the passthru option
with passthru we can update the ecu of any car by obd from the provider
so,how to use this technique?
i read some where that i must use the soft of the provider and the kts interface as passthru device to update ecu by internet connection from provider (after payed)
but never tray it
so many questions are without answer for me
if the kts can be used to update ecu can i inverse this procedure to read and save the dump from the ecu by the passthru option???

bazare
9th February, 2011, 10:48 PM
I have kts540 and I can't read ecu with it

rappttor
9th February, 2011, 10:52 PM
www.Abritus72.com (http://www.abritus72.com/J2534.html)

grinovsky
9th February, 2011, 11:42 PM
www.Abritus72.com (http://www.abritus72.com/J2534.html)
thank you very very very much

grinovsky
9th February, 2011, 11:55 PM
I have kts540 and I can't read ecu with it
this is a new fonction in kts
that apeared in esitronic 2010/1 for the first time

jovime
10th February, 2011, 01:31 AM
this is a new fonction in kts
that apeared in esitronic 2010/1 for the first time

Take a look at Tactrix OpenPort 2.0, Tactrix (http://www.tactrix.com), nice price and it's a full J2534 compliant.

I use it to remap Subaru and Mitsubishi cars mainly, but it works very well with ScanXL to do logging.

grinovsky
10th February, 2011, 07:40 AM
THANK YOU jovime (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/217865-jovime/)

so some one can show me where i find HI-Scan Pro software,this is for hyunday

grinovsky
10th February, 2011, 07:49 AM
other question
can i update the ecu by passthru device withhout internet connection(from my laptop)?

xbobcz
10th February, 2011, 08:13 AM
other question
can i update the ecu by passthru device withhout internet connection(from my laptop)?

It depends on software. Most of them haven't calibration files inside, but download it directly from manufactures web sites.
I have some experience with FORD FMP. This software doesn't work without Internet connection,
because it is checking subscription and download calibration files from motorcraft website.
Here is nice article with J2534 description and software overview.
http://www.drewtech.com/Literature/J2534%20Primer%20Article.pdf

grinovsky
10th February, 2011, 04:23 PM
thank you xbobcz (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/165426-xbobcz/) it's very interesting
so this is what i find in lexia
as you can see in pictures the lexia offert to downoald the dump from ecu
some proferionnel in lexia can confirm this?

citronel
13th February, 2011, 07:12 PM
This option in Lexia is to program ECU not to read.

rappttor
13th February, 2011, 07:26 PM
i dont think you can read/program ecu by pass driver, it's not made to work both ways...also you need subscription from the maker to get the files...

grinovsky
13th February, 2011, 07:40 PM
i trayed to update ecu for my clio but no succes
1)i put my ecu on table (boot mode) i connect it and i use a diag (to confirm connections) the result was like it is placed on the car,i have acces to all options
2)i instaled passthru fireware to my kts550
3)i open clip software and try to programme ecu
clip say;device no find
where is the probleme here
i trayed in car same probleme

rappttor
13th February, 2011, 07:47 PM
did you tryed to use kts via pssdrv on a boot moded ecu?

grinovsky
13th February, 2011, 07:55 PM
yes,and no work
i trayed in car too; same probleme
the clip software dont reconise the passthru device

rappttor
13th February, 2011, 08:03 PM
on boot mode will not work 100%, the tool you use must know how to read an ecu in boot mode, if you dont succede to read directly on the car, no chance to do this in boot mode...
anyway, passdrv can be use to comunicate with ecu but to be able to write it, it's another story; and the files used oem are binaries, so you can not use anything...
ddt can flash e ecu, unlock it etc, and it is a oem tool, clip can do this also but only with oem tool..
interesting what you try to do, but i dont think it will work as simple as that...

grinovsky
13th February, 2011, 08:12 PM
this is where i am blocked with clip
i don't finish yet to downaold esitronic2011,may be there are a solution!!!

djorgensen
13th February, 2011, 08:16 PM
Pass thru is OKAY, nothing special about it and I dont think its as good as a real tool.

I bricked a Ford last year trying the ford pass thru software. I had IDS here and it saved it.

So if you have a car in that needs doing and you dont have an interface its worth a shot. But as a long term solution its not worth using it as you have to pay.

Saying that I have Volvo VIDA running through pass thru with a crack and its worked on every volvo i've asked it to do.

Honda HDS and Toyotas all work through it with a crack, i.e. ok if you arent doing LOADS of them. I';ve used the honda soft through it once and its been ok, but Toyota didnt work well

rappttor
13th February, 2011, 08:22 PM
as i said, it's a good solution for get dtc out, but relible enough to read/write an ecu...

did you use it mercedes software?

grinovsky
13th February, 2011, 08:36 PM
not yet mercedes
the real probleme that i have hyunday santa fee to update
the probleme is turbo presure that it lost when it come 2bars,my freinds have all checked(mecanic) but no think find,no dtc in ecu
i want to update ecu by passthru (payed is not probleme for update) the probleme is to do it

rappttor
13th February, 2011, 09:22 PM
i dont think your problem will be solved only by reflashig the ecu, just try to log the problem, and then you can see what happens, 99% of turbo problems are seen only in live data, while driving...

grinovsky
13th February, 2011, 09:40 PM
don't have to drive to see the probleme
i checked all electrovane (by activated by kts) all works fine
no DTC in ecu,no lamp light in dash,no DTC in bsi all fine
the turbo was out and cleaned and work fine

jovime
15th February, 2011, 12:41 AM
as i said, it's a good solution for get dtc out, but relible enough to read/write an ecu...

did you use it mercedes software?

I'm downloading it and will try it tomorrow morning, but for ABS testing purposes, with Openport 2.0.

I'm downloading BMW ISTA/P too, I would like to make both sw work under vmware; someone knows if it's possible?

jovime
15th February, 2011, 12:44 AM
thank you xbobcz (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/165426-xbobcz/) it's very interesting
so this is what i find in lexia
as you can see in pictures the lexia offert to downoald the dump from ecu
some proferionnel in lexia can confirm this?

I updated my wife's C4 1.6 HDI 110hp with cloned lexia some weeks ago, all went perfect, but as citronel says, it's not possible to dump the data on ecu with lexia or passthru interface.

grinovsky
15th February, 2011, 06:19 AM
yes that's true lexia can only update the ecu sw
and share please what you hade download

radioman
1st February, 2020, 10:57 PM
Passthru KTS540 work perfec whith global tis v32 for updates ecu