PDA

View Full Version : Car tyres refurbishment!

albaniansniper
10th February, 2011, 10:12 AM
My vectra car tyres goes flat in 24 h. Is there any way that you can do a quick fix ( any super glue or something) without having to go through refurbishments stuff?
Thanks.

cactikid
10th February, 2011, 10:10 PM
you will need to find out why it goes flat,a mist sprayer with soapy water and tyre inflated to 40 psi you should see a froth of leaking air,if leaking around rim it needs sealing or valve neck damaged needs replacement,why dont you just go and get it looked at properly as if you leave it too long you will end up getting a tyre

jctech
11th February, 2011, 12:12 PM
you will need to find out why it goes flat,a mist sprayer with soapy water and tyre inflated to 40 psi you should see a froth of leaking air,if leaking around rim it needs sealing or valve neck damaged needs replacement,why dont you just go and get it looked at properly as if you leave it too long you will end up getting a tyre

I agree, take it to a tyre shop, let them find the leak , if it is not in the side wall, it can be repaired.

There is spray in stuff that can be used, but most likely you will need a wheel balance, and then repair the original leak after a month anyway, the spray in stuff does not last long term.

albaniansniper
12th February, 2011, 12:22 PM
I did took it to the tyre shop and they said the the alloy weel needs refurbishment! ?65 per weel.
(no other option given)
Thanks guys, for the info.