PDA

View Full Version : BMW X5 2005 EWS Rolling Code Reset help Please!

BigJ
11th February, 2011, 07:53 AM
Hi all.

Can someone please reset the rolling code (if possible) in attached dump?

Lear EWS 3+
604 0997 300C

Will be eternally grateful.

J

:):):)

bugajewski_pl
11th February, 2011, 08:46 AM
Your file is corrupt :(

BigJ
11th February, 2011, 09:55 AM
Your file is corrupt :(

Aaawww C#@P! I thought as much. I have the original dump (if it's not corrupt) in .yhf (digimaster2) format.

I used UPA USB to get this dump, so Ill reload the original with DM2 and then try again with UPA, hopefully dump will be ok (I think I know where and how this dump got corrupted).

Otherwise, is there any virgin file of sorts I can use?

Im using a UPA-USB and a GT1 by the way.

Many thanks.:):):)

bram380
11th February, 2011, 11:15 AM
Upload ews in BIN format.

BigJ
11th February, 2011, 12:06 PM
Upload ews in BIN format.

Im having a bad day with this!

As Im sure u may know, .yhf cant be converted to .bin, or imported into any other reader (:stupid: thats what makes an otherwise very good tool, DM2, a piece of junk. Im busy trying to reload the .yhf dump back into the ews, but it wont do it?!?! I can read the corrupt dump that is on the mcu, but for some odd reason cant load the good dump back. Im doing this so I can read the good dump off of the ews again with my upa in .bin format. But now my upa wont read the ews with the corrupt dump on it at all!

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help

vanos batam
11th February, 2011, 01:15 PM
Im having a bad day with this!

As Im sure u may know, .yhf cant be converted to .bin, or imported into any other reader (:stupid: thats what makes an otherwise very good tool, DM2, a piece of junk. Im busy trying to reload the .yhf dump back into the ews, but it wont do it?!?! I can read the corrupt dump that is on the mcu, but for some odd reason cant load the good dump back. Im doing this so I can read the good dump off of the ews again with my upa in .bin format. But now my upa wont read the ews with the corrupt dump on it at all!

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help

hi..
do you have BMW key riders?
you can read key dump..
there are same with ews MCU bin..,.
post here..

simon77
11th February, 2011, 02:02 PM
post your dump in yhf format and i will see if i can do somthing
regards

BigJ
14th February, 2011, 05:37 AM
Thanks everyone. I managed to figure it out yesterday. EWS and Keys 100%.
Here's how:

Reloaded original .yhf dump to EWS
Saved EWS dump with UPA-USB in .bin format.
Used EWS Editor with tntenforcer (to unlock all the buttons) to return all the keys to an unused and unlocked state.
Used GT1 to restore keys to "Factory Default"

* I first only edited the dump in EWS Editor and did not "Factory Default" the keys. It allowed the car to start, but only twice from just 1 of the keys. After that, the engine would crank but not start.
* The first saved dump from EWS Editor did not work the second time I reloaded it to the EWS. Car just cranked and would not start. I had to put the original dump through EWS Editor again for it to work.
* My problems were originally caused by a bad connection on my DM2's ICP adaptor. The plug connecting the green (Pin #21 TxD) wire was not making contact all the time.

Here's another thing that F***ed me around: BATTERY VOLTAGE. Make sure the cars battery is always fully charged. It was a diesel X5 to make things worse, so every time I switched the ignition On/Off, the glow plugs drained the power just enough to mess me around before I realised.

Attached: EWS Editor + tntenforcer.

Hope this helps someone. :top: