PDA

View Full Version : Renault Clio RF remote common foults...

AdamDavidSzocs
12th February, 2011, 10:56 AM
Dear all!

I'm struggling a lot with first generation Renault RF remotes, such as Clio, Kangoo, Master, Thalia, with ID33 transponder data inside.

The remotes often loose programming, can not resynchronize it with on board procedure, car doesn't accept remote at all, OR, if trying to re sync it, central locks cycle once but remote doesn't work ever after.
Anyone have an idea why, or have a solution to reprogram these in some way? I've tried a few times with Zed Bull's Clio remote programming function but it never worked yet.

Why and how...?

Thanks
Adam

AdamDavidSzocs
17th February, 2011, 10:40 AM
No ideas from anyone?

mihai_vyt
17th February, 2011, 03:29 PM
you must calculate pin code and introduce it using central locking.pin code can be find using code from inside the key and calculate with a program that can be found here on dk.after startting engine must cut immo line.
this is the most simple solution
another solution is to make immo off from ecu(in most cases at renault immo1 ecu is:fenix 3,5 and safir).for this solution,search on forum

good luck!

AdamDavidSzocs
17th February, 2011, 03:37 PM
I'm not looking for immo off solution, I'd like to know what's the common problem for which you cant resynchronize remotes.

martink
17th February, 2011, 08:52 PM
Hi, what year of car are you testing, you don't need pin codes to resync original key fob, can you test with your equipment to see if cars computer is picking up key signal, if not then the rf receiver may be faulty.

pianoman58
17th February, 2011, 09:30 PM
It's usually the IR led soldering broken, or bad solders on the chip in the key, or more common the IR receiver is corroded due to water coming in from the roof aerial

AdamDavidSzocs
22nd February, 2011, 08:24 AM
Nope, nor IR but RF keys I mean, ID33 first generation Renault keys, such as Thalia, Clio, 1999-2002. Some remotes re sync, some don't.

vuno01
14th May, 2011, 01:27 AM
try to close all doors
than inside the car just lock and unlock the car
using the central lock button next to the ashtray
and at the same time press the button on the key
i had 1999 clio and it always worked like that...

KILL_THE_IMMO
29th November, 2011, 07:37 PM
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR MANY CLIO
I SOLDERED EPROM IN RF REMOTE BUT ALWAYS NOT WORK

PierreTheron
25th April, 2012, 11:04 PM
Some info that i got from friend that worked at R------lt.

Look for a relay in centre console that goes faulty.

albertros
25th April, 2012, 11:19 PM
Hi,
slightly off topic but that relay is identical to one used on a Smart roadster, swapped it with a clio one and its identical. ( i.e. fitted clio one into smart roadster )

Resolder eeprom is usualy only good for immo side not remote side

KILL_THE_IMMO
15th June, 2013, 10:29 AM
still not found a solution for this problem