PDA

View Full Version : Wifi bridge+openbox s9

dell_xps
12th February, 2011, 05:25 PM
Anybody using a wifi bridge with there openbox s9 ?
There are two types on Ebay the open media (black one,?50), and the vonet (blue one ?25).
Any difference with these wifi bridges or basically both the same ?
Any other wifi bridge that can be used ?
Cheers.

mept1
12th February, 2011, 06:36 PM
i tried the vonets wifi bridge,...bit hit and miss,...homeplugs i found the best.

dell_xps
12th February, 2011, 08:26 PM
i tried the vonets wifi bridge,...bit hit and miss,...homeplugs i found the best.

What was the problem with it m8 ?
Let me know as I'm just about to order them :-)

mept1
13th February, 2011, 12:41 PM
problem for me was it disconnect randomley,...very annoying!!

badapple
13th February, 2011, 01:05 PM
problem for me was it disconnect randomley,...very annoying!!

I am using an Open Media WiFi (Black) with a Protek & DM 500s & same prob as above.(so problem is not box related)
HomePlugs will also cause problems if you have extension sockets with surge protect.

mept1
13th February, 2011, 01:17 PM
I use the orange homeplugs all over the house,...not a problem as of yet!!

bighun
13th February, 2011, 10:59 PM
same here i am using homeplugs in 2 seperate rooms and they work excellent my flat is concrete and i can`t get a decent wireless signal

sombel
14th April, 2011, 08:08 AM
Something was enhenced with the latest firmware about the wifi brigde on openbox s9 ?

kevhky
15th April, 2011, 11:40 PM
Anybody using a wifi bridge with there openbox s9 ?
There are two types on Ebay the open media (black one,?50), and the vonet (blue one ?25).
Any difference with these wifi bridges or basically both the same ?
Any other wifi bridge that can be used ?
Cheers.

I use 2 of the blue ?21 vonet wifi bridges and they work perfect mate theve never dropped the signal yet , definately recomended

Kev

hooley
16th April, 2011, 10:18 AM
Kev, you don't use homeplugs at all then? Does anything affect the bridges then?

Dub12Dave
1st July, 2011, 03:18 PM
Has anybody tried these bridges on the s10? or know if they work?

the man
1st July, 2011, 03:27 PM
you need a ac for it to work on the s10 , it works good but home plugs are better imo , 85m ones work the best ime

dell_xps
1st July, 2011, 05:27 PM
yeah avoid using a wifi bridge with the openbox as it's $hite, best bet is a direct feed to the router or use home plugs peeps.
Wifi bridge works great on my VU+ unlike the openbox where it just disconnects itself randomly, very annoying, but home plugs do the job best imho.
HTH

althom40
1st July, 2011, 06:28 PM
Never been able to get the Vonets to work properly on my S10.
After installation everything seems ok but I cannot see this bridge anywhere on my network. It says its connected when plugged into my Vista PC but will not connect to my XP PC for a test run.

I am returning it for replacement and if that doesn't work then its into the bucket.

mithaniel
1st July, 2011, 08:24 PM
I am experiencing some problem with the vonet bridge it seems, going to try homeplugs and see it that works better

dell_xps
1st July, 2011, 10:02 PM
Vonnets wifi bridge is worth the money, they just aren't any use with the openbox s9.
HTH