PDA

View Full Version : Freesat

signman
8th December, 2008, 12:45 AM
Hi all, can anyone help as i want to tune in all the other Astra free channels on my Humax foxsat freesat reciever, ive herd it can be done but I dot know how.
:y:

edward hitler
8th December, 2008, 02:05 AM
go to the menu, change "STB MODE" to non-freesat, press ok to save. then go to setup and select "Manual Tune"
" transponder"- all
"network search"-enable
"scrambled type" - all
"channel type" - all

then just press ok on "search"
and thats all

magic_moments
8th December, 2008, 11:19 PM
go to the menu, change "STB MODE" to non-freesat, press ok to save. then go to setup and select "Manual Tune"
" transponder"- all
"network search"-enable
"scrambled type" - all
"channel type" - all

and thats all

what other channels would that get you please????

signman
9th December, 2008, 11:50 PM
It allows you to get all the FTA channels on astra 28.2 too many to list, check at this addy,Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2C/2D at 28.2?E - LyngSat (http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html)

vchand
22nd December, 2008, 10:33 AM
Can anyone recomend a freesat receiver?

.: JaCkPoT :.
24th December, 2008, 03:57 AM
Why not just get a dreambox.. You can watch the freesat channels but you will get more for your money...

opsmonkey
24th December, 2008, 05:00 AM
not everyone wants the complications that a dreambox brings.. thats not a very helpful post sadiq.. just because you want one doesn't mean everyone should get one

here mate..

some of the best freesat boxes can be found here:

Click (http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/)

depends what box you want and what you want it to do.. there are HD, and PVR and just plain old SD boxes

vchand
30th December, 2008, 11:30 AM
Hi thanks for the information I now have a starting point. Instead of being stuck in the Sky route....

Saltire
1st January, 2009, 10:24 PM
so see with a freesat box wether it be a sky freesat box purchased from sky or another type of box, would you still be able to subscribe to other sky packages ?? Like would you be able to phone sky and say "can i have the sky movies package please" ?? Can you do that if you want ?
And how would you do it, is it just a case of them sending a signal to the freesat card or summit like that, or they send a new card ? iam not sure at all how all this works. (iam talking about paying for the extra packages of course).

2nd January, 2009, 03:10 AM
I dont think you can sub to sky on b freesat receiver as the cards which can be subscribed to are paired and only 1 sky box will open the channels which you pay for...otherwise mates will have one card between them and when they go to each others houses they would take it with them... Then again you could take the whole receiver...

Saltire
2nd January, 2009, 03:47 AM
I dont think you can sub to sky on b freesat receiver as the cards which can be subscribed to are paired and only 1 sky box will open the channels which you pay for...otherwise mates will have one card between them and when they go to each others houses they would take it with them... Then again you could take the whole receiver...

I want best of both worlds, i want all the freesat channels and the option should i ever need it to buy into a sports or movies package from sky, so is that not going to be possible then ??
Also, been wondering about this too, the satellite that a normal sky dish points to for freesat and ordinary sky, is that the same sattelite ?? and is there another sattelite that beams down at the same level without the need to move the dish, or is it just astra ?

cauliflower69
2nd January, 2009, 01:58 PM
No need to buy a new dish or change if on 28.2. Freesat is just the free channels on 28.2 rebadged and called freesat with a 7 day guide thats it.

Buy a 2nd hand box from ebay plug it in and it'll give you all the channels that are FTA (free to air).

Then if you ever want to subscribe ring sky and they'll post ya out a card.

Done ;)

Saltire
2nd January, 2009, 07:12 PM
No need to buy a new dish or change if on 28.2. Freesat is just the free channels on 28.2 rebadged and called freesat with a 7 day guide thats it.

Buy a 2nd hand box from ebay plug it in and it'll give you all the channels that are FTA (free to air).

Then if you ever want to subscribe ring sky and they'll post ya out a card.

Done ;)

ahhh, thats the answer ive been trying to get, thanks mate.

So i buy a second hand box, any box, and i will get all the freesat channels ??? Dont i need a freesat card though ?? is it just a case of ordering one from sky too ?? and cant i ask them to also send me a card for the encrypted channels too (like sky sports etc) and then that way i would always have the card there if needed ?? this is a guess, but wouldnt the card that gets channels like sky sports etc also let me get all the freesat channels too, or is it different from that ??

cauliflower69
2nd January, 2009, 07:38 PM
No freesat card there are free to view cards but they only give you sky three and one or two others not gonna be used soon.

Sky will only send you a card if you subscribe to there service. If you do subscribe you will still get freesat channels and then you'll get what ya pay for on top.

Hope this helps ;)

Saltire
2nd January, 2009, 07:46 PM
No freesat card there are free to view cards but they only give you sky three and one or two others not gonna be used soon.

Sky will only send you a card if you subscribe to there service. If you do subscribe you will still get freesat channels and then you'll get what ya pay for on top.

Hope this helps ;)

so ya dont need a card for freesat, hmmm, and theres me thinking all along i did, lol.
So whats with sky then trying to sell freesat and all along you can get all the freesat channels on any ordinary old sky box ?? hmm, something doesnt seem right, if they'r doing that then they are blatanty robbing people, no ?

cauliflower69
2nd January, 2009, 11:19 PM
As far as i am aware sky dont sell freesat its a mixed effort from the bbc and itv.

But i hate the way sky say channels like sky news are included in there news package for instance when its free stuff like that pi**es me off.

Hope you get it sorted it m8

jasbo7
3rd January, 2009, 12:12 AM
I have an old ONDigital box and most freeveiw are on it even though the card does'nt need to be in to work. Is there a way of getting the card to work or do i through it in the bin.

Saltire
3rd January, 2009, 12:35 AM
I have an old ONDigital box and most freeveiw are on it even though the card does'nt need to be in to work. Is there a way of getting the card to work or do i through it in the bin.

ONdigital, is that not for ordinary freeview mate, like you get through your normal roof aerial rather than a sattelite dish ??
I can remember years ago i had one of those, but as i say, its for the roof aerial and not sat dish, maybe iam wrong though.

3rd January, 2009, 02:01 AM
On digital was terrestrial and encrypted in mediaguard and seca...

Sparkyheaven
17th January, 2009, 02:24 PM
hey there,im currently using the method provided to tune the other free astra channels,but i could not find the std mode.i just went into manual tune and followed the rest of method,seems to be working o.k

khenryashley
7th March, 2009, 02:34 PM
See below my question. This one posted in error

khenryashley
7th March, 2009, 03:15 PM
" transponder"- all
"network search"-enable
"scrambled type" - all
"channel type" - all

and thats all

By doing this Will it pick up Sly sports news and sly news

cauliflower69
7th March, 2009, 08:25 PM
why would you want to find sky sports ? You can not unlock it with a freesat system anyway.

khenryashley
7th March, 2009, 10:15 PM
Sky news and sky sports news are on freeview but not on freesat.
If the freesat box is unlocked can you get these 2 channels.
Hope this makes it clearer

cauliflower69
7th March, 2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah m8 no problems all fta on 28.2 will work

chappers
25th March, 2009, 09:50 PM
I want to switch from Sly to Freesat+, seems a good option for those who don't wish to make Murdoch even richer. Conniving, sly scum that he is.

cauliflower69
25th March, 2009, 10:02 PM
299 is the list price for the foxsat hd

protexblue
27th March, 2009, 12:07 PM
Sky news and sky sports news are on freeview but not on freesat.
If the freesat box is unlocked can you get these 2 channels.
Hope this makes it clearer

You can get Sky news in non freesat mode but not Sky sports news.

stephen81
28th March, 2009, 12:41 AM
Can you still record the non-freesat channels with the foxsat hd or does that only work with the freesat channels?

28th March, 2009, 10:52 PM
you can record all the channels which you can view with your receiver ie not encrypted