PDA

View Full Version : kernal loading

sproot
20th April, 2008, 09:34 AM
stuck on this after putting on new image any ideas???

Bulld0g
20th April, 2008, 09:50 AM
Sounds like you may have flashed 1x image on 2x box or vice cersa. Check your chip and reflash using IFA

sproot
20th April, 2008, 10:52 AM
right image on right box? do you know settings for ifa?

Bulld0g
20th April, 2008, 10:55 AM
Hust run IFA choose your connection ie ethernet connection , load image andturn off dbox then turn back on and it should start flashing right away

sproot
20th April, 2008, 11:12 AM
forget what settings needed with ifa? also what is best vers

thanks in advance

Bulld0g
20th April, 2008, 11:18 AM
I use an early version, but i believe people were having probs using Vista. There is a version out for Vista so if your using that try ver3 ( i think )
If your using xp i would think any version will do m8.

C64
20th April, 2008, 12:24 PM
right image on right box? do you know settings for ifa?

Not all Dbox2 images are the same mate.

If you look at the file names you will see that it will have either '1x' or '2x', this is the number of Flash chips that the box has, it is important to flash the correct type of image to your box otherwise it fails while booting, usually resulting in a 'kein system' error displayed in the LCD.

Nokia boxes are all 2x, so make sure any images you use are 2x

Sagems can be either 1x or 2x, there is a wee app that you can install on your pc which will scan your Sagem and tell you what chipset it has - or you can just open it up and look inside :)

BTW, 'loading Kernel' lockups can happen even if you are using the correct image, but the fix is the same, just reflash it.

sproot
20th April, 2008, 12:49 PM
cheers people, got it going again, phew. was right image x2 just never accepted first time?
but thanks for all help,

btw nice moniker witchy,,,, c.t.h.:rock: the cfc 1 that is

C64
20th April, 2008, 12:52 PM
Yer sometimes the image doesn't quite take correctly and the box hangs during boot, it has happened to me a few times.

'mon the Hoops! ;)

red76
20th April, 2008, 05:34 PM
Hi guys, same issue with stuck on loading kernel, but I'm sure I used the correct image. Prob is having followed the instruction to reflash using IFA exactly the dbox still not talking to my pc properly gets to the backup bit on the lcs then freeze again. tried to restart dbox several times same result. I'm only using a cross over cable , no null modem. Any suggestions would be greatly apprec.

Bulld0g
20th April, 2008, 05:37 PM
Make sure all firewalls etc are off and try and reflash again m8

C64
20th April, 2008, 05:38 PM
A null modem cable would make things a little easier for you mate, it would tell you what the problem is, most likely a networking issue, disable firewalls etc, use a static IP etc..

alec
20th April, 2008, 06:46 PM
I wonder if flashfxp would be less problem, if load new image in temp file and
do with the remote.

Bulld0g
20th April, 2008, 06:49 PM
well if you can ftp image to dbox and use remote, i think thats better than using IFA. i only use IFA as a last resort TBH.