PDA

View Full Version : is it the end of card sharing?

bigoz
14th February, 2011, 06:32 PM
i heard about this through a friend who works at Virgin, he said they have the IP address for 40,000 people who were on this server. they had been working for some time to trace the location of the server and have now shut it down.

whats the chances Sky will start hunting these servers down soon? and what the consequences for people whos IP addresses are on the server?

Starview cardshare server busted in Derbyshire (http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2011/02/05/starview-cardshare-server-busted-in-derbyshire/)

owenb
14th February, 2011, 06:49 PM
mate cable and sat are a hell of a lot different to b ehonest, i can see what your saying but the 40000 ppl that virign have were using one server (starview) sat cardsharing is a lot more technical than buyinfg a box and plugging it in ....................

tomhick024
14th February, 2011, 07:00 PM
People were well warned by several senior members here (people in the know)about the risks of these stb's on cable,
One setup supplying everyone - not going to last and also made it alot easier to be traced!! :stupido2:

owenb
14th February, 2011, 07:00 PM
especially plugging a virmin box into virmin bb oh dear lol

portbhoy
14th February, 2011, 07:46 PM
I would start ditching the cable boxes (whatever brand) before your stuck with another door holder.