PDA

View Full Version : Can you download a PS3 game and burn it on to a disk

tushygirl
8th December, 2008, 12:03 PM
Can you download a PS3 game and burn it on to a disk and play it on the ps3 console and if so how?

dazza78
8th December, 2008, 12:27 PM
Can you download a PS3 game and burn it on to a disk and play it on the ps3 console and if so how?

no m8 is the answer
dazza

davidred5
9th December, 2008, 09:35 AM
NO at present you cannot however PS3 games are coming down in price and there is always the option of free downloads vis playstation store if you wanna

"test and try before you buy" :)

Shammy525
10th December, 2008, 02:40 PM
Nope it's impossible. PS3 uses blu-ray discs which are NOT available to buy to the general public, so it is impossible.

Although there are some ways of putting PS3 games onto the hard drive and playing them from there.

smokey_jnr
10th December, 2008, 03:07 PM
Nope it's impossible. PS3 uses blu-ray discs which are NOT available to buy to the general public, so it is impossible.

Although there are some ways of putting PS3 games onto the hard drive and playing them from there.

such as.....

sj5301397
1st January, 2009, 05:58 PM
you can buy a blueray disc but your computer/laptop has got to be a blueray reader and writer like one in currys.

C64
1st January, 2009, 06:01 PM
There is no software piracy on the PS3. Period.

You can own as many BD Burners as you like and create as many copies of the games you like, the PS3 will not load them, copying the backups to the PS3 hard drive will make no difference.

shady77
1st January, 2009, 06:03 PM

hmmmm.....
whats this for then?
AOne 25GB Blu-Ray BD-R - Jewel Case - Ebuyer (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152158)
it SEEMS to be a blank blu-ray disc..... maybe i could use it in this...
LG Internal Blu-Ray Rewriter > Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=227917)

research.... its a wonderful thing
ps i am aware that piracy on the ps3 is for now impossible

C64
1st January, 2009, 06:44 PM
hmmmm.....
whats this for then?
AOne 25GB Blu-Ray BD-R - Jewel Case - Ebuyer (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152158)
it SEEMS to be a blank blu-ray disc..... maybe i could use it in this...
LG Internal Blu-Ray Rewriter > Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=227917)

PMSL.

I sometimes cringe when I read some peoples posts, do you? :)

shady77
1st January, 2009, 06:46 PM
"a little bit of info can so easily make you look less of a twat."

STEPHEN HAWKING: davros-like know it all
september 1989

Shammy525
5th January, 2009, 06:57 PM
Ah, I'm sorry I assumed there weren't any as I have never seen them myself. I stand corrected. But it is impossible to copy PS3 games.

Although, as I mentioned above, there are a few ways of making the PS3 play games using a hard drive (internal and external ones).

There is a video on youtube of someone playing Madden 09 without a CD - it was on a games website. He says in the video that software will be made available for December (that just passed). I know nothing else of this.

The other way is to get the game onto an external usb hard drive and play them from there, I don't know how to do this but you can buy the hard drive from the grass market in my area - I know of someone who uses these.

But yeah, the answer to you're original question is a "no".

janobi
13th January, 2009, 10:31 AM
Ah, I'm sorry I assumed there weren't any as I have never seen them myself. I stand corrected. But it is impossible to copy PS3 games.

Although, as I mentioned above, there are a few ways of making the PS3 play games using a hard drive (internal and external ones).

There is a video on youtube of someone playing Madden 09 without a CD - it was on a games website. He says in the video that software will be made available for December (that just passed). I know nothing else of this.

The other way is to get the game onto an external usb hard drive and play them from there, I don't know how to do this but you can buy the hard drive from the grass market in my area - I know of someone who uses these.

Perhaps you should read the quote about a little bit of knowledge again mate.

You can copy PS3 games, google it mate. There are loads out on the torrents and newsgroups. Groups have been releasing them for ages.

C64
13th January, 2009, 04:32 PM

Wow, someone that believes the hacking videos on YouTube.

You are seriously misinformed mate.

dreadfand
19th January, 2009, 03:30 AM
BREAKiNG NEWS: *WORLD EXCLUSiVE* PS3 NEWS! - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/site-news/breaking-news-world-exclusive-ps3-news-39617.html)

apparently someones has successfully created a backup of a ps3 game from a dump........not sure if it's legit or what.

janobi
20th January, 2009, 10:21 AM
BREAKiNG NEWS: *WORLD EXCLUSiVE* PS3 NEWS! - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/site-news/breaking-news-world-exclusive-ps3-news-39617.html)

apparently someones has successfully created a backup of a ps3 game from a dump........not sure if it's legit or what.

PS3news is the biggest load of shit ever. DO NOT believe a word this site ever posts.

shady77
20th January, 2009, 10:31 AM
@ janobi. first you say this
You can copy PS3 games, google it mate. There are loads out on the torrents and newsgroups. Groups have been releasing them for ages.
and then you disagree about someone supposedly showing proof of a hack for ps3.#

And people may well be copying the data from ps3 discs. But playing those copies? NOT POSSIBLE.

we have a video section on Dk. please post a video showing you placing said copied disc into a ps3 and playing it.
Until that day stop spreading false information mate and YOU re-read the quote about "a little bit of research"

C64
20th January, 2009, 02:12 PM
@ janobi. first you say this
and then you disagree about someone supposedly showing proof of a hack for ps3.#

And people may well be copying the data from ps3 discs. But playing those copies? NOT POSSIBLE.

we have a video section on Dk. please post a video showing you placing said copied disc into a ps3 and playing it.
Until that day stop spreading false information mate and YOU re-read the quote about "a little bit of research"

I think wires are getting crossed here.

Janobi just said that you can 'copy' the discs meaning you can create a backup image, he didn't say anything about actually booting the image on a PS3. :)

So, you CAN make a copy, but you cannot play it on a PS3 - just as Janobi has said :)

shady77
20th January, 2009, 03:40 PM
reread it. my mistake!! lol

Sirus
20th January, 2009, 10:32 PM
Sooner or later some one will suss it out... Id say the Hard drive method will come sooner or later... it'll just a case of forcing the prog that installs and runs the game from the HD, just like the PS2 had

Who'd have thought there would eventually be a file you can simply put on your ps2 mem card that can do all the above and then some.. imagine that on the loose back in 2001

When hackers learn more about the architecture all sorts of stuff will be running on it

C64
20th January, 2009, 11:58 PM
When hackers learn more about the architecture all sorts of stuff will be running on it

By the time the PS3 is hacked, the PS3 will be old technology.

You can quote me on that.

Sirus
21st January, 2009, 01:52 AM
By the time the PS3 is hacked, the PS3 will be old technology.

witchy your sounding like nothing going to be out for it for about 10 years

like everything...the longer its lifespan the more is learnt about it until the inevitable hack appears followed by better.. with time comes better programming capabilities and thus more versatile hacks.

Should it be on the old model the newly revamped models whatever... its still an all singing all dancing console.. and they get better toward the end of theyre lifespan anyway

Think PSP or even PS2..... oldish?... .may-be, but still modern "toys".. and both are blown wide open

The PS2s lifespan is up and the hacks speak for themselves... and what can you say the PSP is fighting the ever losing war... once the first hack comes out its just cat and mouse until the console usually gives in to its typical fate

At the end of the day should it not happen until about 3 years then "old" still means... cheap consoles and blu-ray stuff and the like too... so its a win-win:)

C64
21st January, 2009, 02:08 AM
witchy your sounding like nothing going to be out for it for about 10 years

Like I said, feel free to quote my last statement.

janobi
28th January, 2009, 10:33 AM
I think wires are getting crossed here.

Janobi just said that you can 'copy' the discs meaning you can create a backup image, he didn't say anything about actually booting the image on a PS3. :)

So, you CAN make a copy, but you cannot play it on a PS3 - just as Janobi has said :)

Thanks for backing me up witchy. You 360 fanboy. lol. Anyone with a PS3 should also buy a 360 and flash it. That way you get the best of both worlds.

jessica6712
3rd November, 2009, 01:52 AM
if i get another ps3 for my dads place, can I copy my game saves over to the new ps3?

Raven
3rd November, 2009, 02:20 AM
Yes you should be able to, but I don't think it's possible without a correctly formatted USB stick or Hard Drive.

panda1734
7th November, 2009, 03:34 AM
I want to burn a PS2 game so i can play it in my PS3
I am gonna burn it using TOAST Titanium but does someone know if this should work if the game has copy protection or something?
Does someone know a way to do this?

Raven
8th November, 2009, 04:46 PM
I want to burn a PS2 game so i can play it in my PS3
I am gonna burn it using TOAST Titanium but does someone know if this should work if the game has copy protection or something?
Does someone know a way to do this?

Complete waste of time. Won't play anyway.

Regarding the 2 page argument above me here, it's like this; you can have as perfect a backup copy of a PS3 game (or PS2 game) as you can possibly get, which is fine and well - and totally possible if you happen to have a bluray burner and a writeable bluray disc, but the Playstation 3 still won't acknowledge the game when you pop it in the drive because as yet it's not been hacked and hasn't been successfully hacked for years now - much like nagra3 in the cable/satellite scene in a way - that's not been hacked in years either, so read into it what you will the odds ain't too good on a hack ever arriving at this point....the length of time speaks for itself, and knowing the hacker community if it can be hacked then it is hacked and done so 9 out of 10 times very quickly. Anything that goes multiple years without a hack despite people's best efforts then in my opinion it's time for people to give up the ghost and resign themselves to the legit way for that particular product. It sucks but that's the way it is.

I don't know about anyone else but personally I'd rather go the legit route for PS3 games and as well pay for Sky and have the option for HD rather than leech cable for free and have no option for high def, cable's crap by comparison to Sky. The point I'm trying to make is that sometimes when you're having to pay, like we either are or will be doing soon, it isn't all that bad because you're gaining something on both counts - High Definition! :)

teni4512
19th November, 2009, 08:06 AM
I was wondering is it possible to download PS3 game and play it using an external hard drive?
And if so.... How?
Or is it possible to back up a game to your PS3 or external hard drive and it still be playable?

cheap ps3 games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com) || download ps3 games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com)

jfish
19th November, 2009, 12:39 PM
I personally think the protection used by PS3 is due to the fact they use the 7 cell CPU - I wouldnt be suprised if one of these cells on the CPU holds a unique code/security key/or what ever in order to protect it, until someone manages to reverse engineer this, doubt it will be hacked or cracked

look at NDS as used by Sky Digital, its been on the market for this long yet no hack as such.

No doubt Sony spent a large portion of the PS3 budget on this security as thus fas it has proved to be working.

danhans115
19th November, 2009, 01:14 PM
Its all about the hypervisor.

The problem with the PS3 is this. The fat model already runs linux, and I think I can safely say the 99.9% of the people who are remotely clever enough to look into some sort of exploit on it are anti-piracy, so if its to be cracked its going to be so you get full GPU/memory access under linux.

But because it already runs linux, albeit in a slightly crippled manner, they arent going to be as driven to do it as say they were on the '360. They may well want to try their stuff on the slim model but I doubt it.

Look in the PS3 section on xboxhacker.net - theres the reasons why there.

Dan

Raven
19th November, 2009, 02:37 PM
But because it already runs linux, albeit in a slightly crippled manner, they arent going to be as driven to do it as say they were on the '360.

I disagree, I think the fact that a hack hasn't been released would be motivation enough if it weren't stumping them and as for the hypervisor, it's true that's the reason for lack of graphics hardware in Linux on PS3 and unlocking that would bring Linux up a notch or two and I wouldn't be too surprised to see the hypervisor unlocked for Linux PS3 now that it's only the big models that have Linux and they aren't making them anymore....but even so you would still have the issue of security for running the PS3 game backups to sort out so in my opinion although there's many people that know a lot more than I do about it personally I don't think it's down to the hypervisor regarding the topic of copies.

I hadn't thought of having one of the Cell chip cores for holding specific keycode information and having to reverse engineer that before getting anywhere....I'm sure I read somewhere that 1 of the cores available is "off" for no reason stated, I'll bet that's the one that houses the code if there is one.

danhans115
19th November, 2009, 04:55 PM
The only people who have made any real progress on running arbitary code on consoles are behind free software.

Michael Steil(sp) ? got linux on dbox2, gclinux etc part of the team with the jtag attack on 360 - no interest in copied software at all. Passed their findings to microsoft - says it all (and I agree)

Bunny with the old xbox - had no interest in copied software - more in running code on the box - passed his findings to microsoft.

Stuff running on certain 'cores' is one thing. But what about the first stage bootloader and the like you have actually on the CPU die?

I still stand by what I said, these people are interested in running homebrew, not backups. And the old fat PS3 does this on Linux. So they arent going to have the drive to do it.

Raven
19th November, 2009, 07:14 PM
I still stand by what I said, these people are interested in running homebrew, not backups. And the old fat PS3 does this on Linux. So they arent going to have the drive to do it.

Fair enough but that still doesn't hide the fact that there's a rather large group of people out there that have tried and ultimately for whatever reason failed to deliver a fully working public hack or chip for the PlayStation 3. And the fact is it's been multiple years now and counting and still nothing significant. So....oh and the other thing aswell regarding Linux on PS3 is that they basically tie 1 arm behind your back by not allowing access to the PS3's graphics hardware - which when it comes to games or whatever on Linux makes it harder than it needs to be with talented people having to come up with workarounds to get say MAME emulation stuff playing at playable rates. So it's good that it's there certainly for the basics, but it's (Linux) not exactly a fantastic representation because it is still running in software mode basically. Which also slows things down considerably.

jumbo2803
24th December, 2009, 05:25 AM
First i would like to say i know this is the wrong section to be asking this but. When i first learned how to burn DVDs you guys were the smarts; you had it down to a science.

I found this link : burn ps3 games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com)(*_*)(*_*)how to burn ps3 games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com)

proving it is possible to burn full playstation 3 games to a DVD still in full P.

But it doesn't show how to burn it and what program to use. Second I know hem was downloading the games i know that is illegal i just want to be able to back up my games just in case.

So i ask you guys do you know how to burn PS3 games and what programs do you use and what process do you use.

Thanks

frankharrison
25th December, 2009, 11:46 AM
Most of the copiers you can buy use ImgBurn. This is free. You could try this. I found this out on Youtube. So there may be more stuff out there. Like (hint) switch for ps2 games and some kind of picture bypass. Can't be more specific as some of the videos are laughable but some ARE interesting. Spent hours but have learned a lot!

Happy Xmas

ronando03
28th December, 2009, 04:39 AM
I have a large collection of of PSOne games on my PC in mostly BIN/IMG/ISO formats.
I put these on my PC so I would never have to actually take my discs, which I love & cherish, out of the cases anymore because I fear for "wear & tear". :((

My question is...
If I burn these games to backup Discs (CD-R), will my PS3 recognize them as playable games?

-----------------------
I found this links to burn and copy ps3 Games:
burn ps3 games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com) && copy ps3 games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com)

Raven
28th December, 2009, 02:04 PM
Don't you get bored of asking the same questions and getting the same answer back ? Your PS3 will play no copied discs at all not for PS1, PS2 or PS3 - I don't think it'll even play copied music CD'S or copied DVD's - what it WILL do is play legit material from any region of the world both for game and dvd, probably even blu ray, because it's a region free console by default.

If you want PS1 games on your PS3 without the need for discs, PSN Store is your friend. And legit. Not a great amount of choice though unless you hop on over to the American or Japanese version of the store.

frankharrison
31st December, 2009, 09:35 PM
It depends on your version of PS3 as to "IF" you could play PS2 or PS1 backups. If you remember they said you couldn't play games from a HDD on the PS2! Any way I don't want to get banned from the site by giving out info I've found on the "WEB".

takezohimura
31st December, 2009, 11:36 PM
yeah... this fight agains piracy is a win for SONY...
well, it is good, as the games price is not so high, and you don't have to worry as being banned when playing it online (and neither have to pay for playing online) ^^

HoTTDubbER
1st January, 2010, 12:10 AM
yeah... this fight agains piracy is a win for SONY...
well, it is good, as the games price is not so high, and you don't have to worry as being banned when playing it online (and neither have to pay for playing online) ^^

achally they are really struggling and suffering in console sales compared to the hacked 360 and wii , has done nothing positive for there marketing

generally consoles that are hacked have better overall sales and win on popularity in the end

nov 2009 console sales
Nintendo DS: 1.70M
Wii: 1.26M
Xbox 360: 819.5K
PlayStation 3: 710.4K
PSP: 293.9K
PlayStation 2: 203.1K

if the PS3 was hacked ...id own one again
i didn't use my other 1 next to my hacked 360
if there was a chance u could banned from play station network
i would happily buy a console every year and get banned every year just 2 play copy's

hacking and home-brew scene is huge and ps3 is missing out on a major part of the market

Microsoft know then benefits with there little ban waves and generating millions in revenue that wouldn't have normally been there with a flick of a switch and a simple update

as for the wii it sold more units than "almost" the 2 systems combined

the softmod is very appealing 2 people that dont like probes soldering and opening the case's

the day the PS3 is hacked , is the time that console will realize's its full potential , if that day ever comes of course

after all no one goes out and says im going to buy this console because its secure i cant hack it and i will have 2 pay 4 all my games
no1 cares about a secure console most people would own a unsecure hackable 1

Raven
1st January, 2010, 04:09 AM
generally consoles that are hacked have better overall sales and win on popularity in the end

if the PS3 was hacked ...id own one again

I don't know about that, last time out they were all hacked, the time before that 1 was hacked but clearly better than the other anyway. And this time out Sony are making their money for now on software sales because every game played is a game bought so to speak and since the Slim's release it's console sales have been doing significantly better, hence it's clearly more to do with the price tag and a hell of a lot more to do with advertising of the console more than anything else. As they rightly say you can have the best product in the world but if nobody can see it they ain't gonna buy it. Conversely how many times have you fallen for the hype on anything ?? Exactly. We've all been there.

Besides how is having a console hacked helping Sony/Nintendo or Microsoft with regards to sales ? They aren't making continual money on the games when a console is hacked because then they are losing money from piracy. And Microsoft are banking on people's fanboyism really hence why they have only been banning around Christmas time. Artificial increase in numbers and $$$. But you ask any of them they'd all rather be without piracy because it does hurt sales overall. Especially once the mass market get hold of it.

I don't know if it'll ever happen but I promise you if ever the PS3 gets down to around the 360's price point AND Sony starts marketing the hell out of their stuff on the telly as regularly as Microsoft does then you'd really see the PS3 take off when things are on an even keel regarding advertising and price tag. Get those two right and you're laughing because let's face it people will buy utter shite for the name attatched to it especially if the price is right. Just look at Halo. Or as some might say, the Wii. Hence console sales has got absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the console is hacked when looking at the big picture. The Wii would still have been the phenomenon that it is/was whether it was hacked or not, because you cannot plan successes like that and I don't think anyone would or could have predicted it's financial success. Besides I'd imagine the people who'll buy or keep a console only if it's hacked are a very small niche audience in the grand scheme of things. End of the day nobody's going to tell me otherwise except to say that from both a consumer and company standpoint, it's all about the $$$$$ - we're trying to save it, they're trying to make it - but there is a sweet spot, reach it and it's all good. Like I said, look at the Wii.

jimtuck0
8th July, 2010, 09:51 AM
To copy PS3 games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com)with the normal CD/DVD burning software like Nero or Roxio is highly impossible. The reason is the game discs are digitally signed and they have copyright protection which your usual DVD burning software cannot bypass and your attempts to copy the PS3 games prove in vain.

To Burn PS3 Games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com) and taking backup is an easy task if you use a proper game copying software. On next page I had shared some secret tips about using PS3 game copy software and selecting a best one. So now you don't have to loose your favorite PS3 games, you can easily backup PS3 games without modchip.

pacman4u
8th July, 2010, 12:30 PM
Impossible end of

jonnyluvrod
8th July, 2010, 03:17 PM
To copy PS3 games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com)with the normal CD/DVD burning software like Nero or Roxio is highly impossible. The reason is the game discs are digitally signed and they have copyright protection which your usual DVD burning software cannot bypass and your attempts to copy the PS3 games prove in vain.

To Burn PS3 Games (http://www.theps3downloadsreview.com) and taking backup is an easy task if you use a proper game copying software. On next page I had shared some secret tips about using PS3 game copy software and selecting a best one. So now you don't have to loose your favorite PS3 games, you can easily backup PS3 games without modchip.

No we WON'T click your links so you can receive money as a sponsored whore.

Get the F**K off Kaos and spout your shat elsewhere...

karlpowell
8th July, 2010, 03:47 PM
No we WON'T click your links so you can receive money as a sponsored whore.

Get the F**K off Kaos and spout your shat elsewhere...

:bike:

just spat my brew all over my keyboard :)

cerocool007
14th July, 2010, 05:03 AM
Nope sorry