PDA

View Full Version : BMW Keyreader Pro

wiseman
17th February, 2011, 06:49 PM
It is well known that the Keyreader you get with TU is a paper weight,given that it has half the guts missing, but i have noticed that there are too different styles. apparently the thinner one actually does work.

Can anyone confirm this.

Check the pictures of both below;

alimmo
17th February, 2011, 07:05 PM
they both work mate as i have both, but remember all this keyreader will do is read the km in key when you drop it in, it will not work to change mileage in the EWS unit or key I can definatley confirm that mate.

get yourself a xprog M for changing the EWS its really easy!!

hope that helps

SEAT.
17th February, 2011, 07:38 PM
The pic on right does def change ews,left pic needs extra dongle to work

alimmo
17th February, 2011, 08:07 PM
Hello SEAT, I have tried everything including making a dongle for the keyreader as one member suggested and gave me a handmade diagrame of the ews dongle circuit but in the end i bought xprog m and it is really easy to do with that.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to forward a diagram of the ews mate.

Many thanks and great news to see it does work!!

SEAT.
17th February, 2011, 08:41 PM
Rather buy the keyreader on the right its @ 20$ or so its eazier

alimmo
17th February, 2011, 08:48 PM
Not sure if the above pic is a joke or what??? but never mind as i said i have the xprox which is very easy to use, but i thought it would be good to have a backup just in-case and as i have 2 of these keyreaders

SEAT.
17th February, 2011, 08:50 PM
Do i look like a joker

tachonow
17th February, 2011, 09:05 PM
Do i look like a joker
You dont, but he is .

exe123
17th February, 2011, 09:11 PM
if you have a good clone the keyreader is working out of the box and can do ews. the one with the dark blue cover is working since almost 6 years for me

SEAT.
17th February, 2011, 09:26 PM
Plain & simple pic on left was 1st gen 2nd new gen

wiseman
17th February, 2011, 09:53 PM
The pic on right does def change ews,left pic needs extra dongle to work

i have the one on the left. Missing components inside

alimmo
17th February, 2011, 10:20 PM
Seat when i said is this a joke , What I meant was the EWS pic you have sent to me and others to see i cannot see a single track or pin that is connected one side to the other side,then again looking at it a bit more carefully makes sense.

Many Thanks mate really appreciate it.

PS dont mind this Tachonow its not his fault