PDA

View Full Version : BDM damaged my ECU

mazbasi
18th February, 2011, 08:22 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with BDM from China.
Got BDM and CD with pictures, software etc. It was written that red stripe on connecting cable means pin 1 and should be soldered on the left.

It turns out that my cable is just opposite and I damaged my ECU. On my cable red stripe means pin 10. :/

As anyone of you similar problem?

Is it possible to make sure which is pin 1 before soldering to the ECU?

Cheers.

alfy
18th February, 2011, 09:26 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with BDM from China.
Got BDM and CD with pictures, software etc. It was written that red stripe on connecting cable means pin 1 and should be soldered on the left.

It turns out that my cable is just opposite and I damaged my ECU. On my cable red stripe means pin 10. :/

As anyone of you similar problem?

Is it possible to make sure which is pin 1 before soldering to the ECU?

Cheers.

On 99% BDM clones from China the cable is inverted!!!

BE AWARE!

bazare
18th February, 2011, 09:57 PM
it's not the BDM that burnt your ECU ... is you who did it because you didn't checked three times before. It's not 99% that are inverted but there are some cases. I bought many of them and I found only 1 with reversed pinout.

ominimicu
18th February, 2011, 10:10 PM
You should hve used a tester to check for the 12v +

frikki
18th February, 2011, 10:20 PM
hi guys. i also purchased a cloned bdm100. receiving it tommorrow. attemting to read a med9.1 vag ecu. so basically what you say is we need to check ground and positive from the soldering points to the ecu pin outs using a multimeter. is that one way to tell if the pin connections are swapped. thanks.

bazare
18th February, 2011, 11:07 PM
check on the bdm side if pinout is correct and only after connect to ecu

rappttor
19th February, 2011, 12:23 AM
the simplest test to make: after instaling ecu-bdm conections, and you are thinking that's it, i'm ready, just take a multimeter, and check if bdm gnd's (usb or pwr suply socket) is the same (correlate) with ecu's gnd (soket or any other place grounded).

if that it's okey, go to work! there are 90% chances the connections are wright! even if the bdm plug seems to be inverted that way.
the rest of 10% may be due to some drunk little china man who messed up some stuf inside the bdm, while watching some ~~~~, f..ing his dog, or made some soldering flux economy-the latest trend in the chineese bussines ...JUST PUSH "ON" AND YOU WILL FIND OUT! :viking::viking::viking::viking::viking:

cheers!:ciao:

Harrycz44
19th February, 2011, 08:08 AM
Hello have anybody picture with pinout and where is pin 1 and GND? thanks

bazare
19th February, 2011, 05:00 PM
just search in the forum it was posted many many times

rappttor
19th February, 2011, 08:53 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f175/connection-bdm100-71797/

risalelettronic
19th February, 2011, 08:55 PM