PDA

View Full Version : Help with new image DW2.0_MODDED _AU_FIXED

shere
20th April, 2008, 11:23 AM
Hi Everyone, I have just flashed my dreambox with the DW2.0_MODDED _AU_FIXED image using Dreambox_Control_Center. I used the Tools option, Update Flash Image. This took a few minutes and the flash was successful.

Everytime I search for channels using Bruteforce it finds the channels but no image appears on the channels.

Have I missed a step or should I be using a modem null cable and using a program like flashwizard pro?

Many thanks.

Dreamer
20th April, 2008, 11:29 AM
are any of the channels working OK

Jaffa
20th April, 2008, 11:29 AM
The new image should have worked by just putting it on an encrypted channel and giving it a few minutes to update the keys but as you are still having problems then try the link below.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1496

C64
20th April, 2008, 12:15 PM
Seems to be a quite a few people having this same trouble, ie flashing working image yet only getting FTA, very strange as the DW images are all Plug and Play, all you need to do to them is scan for channels or add your own channel list.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps the default CAM is Newcamd or another incompatible one, make sure it is set to either EVOVCAM or MGcamd.

father ted
20th April, 2008, 12:34 PM
Seems to be a quite a few people having this same trouble, ie flashing working image yet only getting FTA, very strange as the DW images are all Plug and Play, all you need to do to them is scan for channels or add your own channel list.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps the default CAM is Newcamd or another incompatible one, make sure it is set to either EVOVCAM or MGcamd.

i tried thsi on my m8 and couldnt get it to work at all resorted back to 1.6.5 and away it went dont ask casue i dont know why it wouldnt work :rock:

Jaffa
20th April, 2008, 12:46 PM
I never used the modded image because I have no serial port for null modem cable and flashwizardPro said image was too big so I just put the original DW2.0 on it with flashwizardPro and copied new roms and services etc back and it worked in seconds.

shere
20th April, 2008, 02:07 PM
The basic freeview channels are working ok but the encrypted channels arent.

Where can I check which Cam I am using?

donkey121
20th April, 2008, 02:09 PM
i have tried this new file about 5 times and got all channels but no pictures
took off the old one when i connected the box it asked do you want to erase the flash i did
even when you try to put on the dw2.0 i noticed that before i deleted the old one it sayed when i was flashing the 5 previous times flash it said that it will erase the old one it must not have so when i deleted it and then flashed it with the new one it worked thank buck
so hope it works for all you guys

shere
20th April, 2008, 02:12 PM
i have tried this new file about 5 times and got all channels but no pictures
took off the old one when i connected the box it asked do you want to erease the flash i did
even when you try to put on the dw2.0 i noticed that before i deleted the old one it sayed when i was flashing the 5 previous times flash it said that it will erease the old one it must not have so when i deleted it and then flashed it with the new one it worcked thank buck
so hope it works for all you guys

Donkey 121, I dont what you're saying. Please explain the process you used, which image you used and what software to flash.

The channels are apeparing but no image. The freeview channels work fine.

donkey121
20th April, 2008, 02:22 PM
when i first got the box i had to flash it. so connect the box and do not flash it.
erase the flash. then flash the new file and then bingo
cheers

lorrebreaker
20th April, 2008, 02:53 PM
I installed this image on my brother-in-laws dreambox using dreamup and null modem cable. Did a bruteforce scan an it works fine, obviously some channels like "Ulster TV" don't work here but the rest is as it should be.

zaf786
20th April, 2008, 03:02 PM
It,s best to leave on sly sports 1 and start cam and reboot give keys chance to roll

smedzdave
24th April, 2008, 11:53 AM
if you download the new image i have uploaded today dior image then you dont need to start the cams or anything just flash it, when flashin, when it asks do youwant to perform a flash erse make sure you click no(nein) and then after flashing connect everything back up scan for the channels try bruteforce first then rescan again with cable6887 then everything will work perfectly ok mate