PDA

View Full Version : problem to program eaton autoshift gen 2

MechanicMaster
19th February, 2011, 02:54 AM
Hi, I have make an error and program a autoshift 10 spd gen 2 with the wrong calibration. I put ''Gen 2 24 bit pushbutton shift controller v861'' but I think the good one is a 16 bit. I try to put in the ''Gen 2 16 bit pushbutton shift controller v796'' but there is an error message appear ''download failed, do you want to retry now''. Download status is: ''Failed to enter JTALK PROGRAMMING MODE'' .Is anyone can help me please?

MechanicMaster
19th February, 2011, 04:50 AM
Nobody here have programmed an autoshift and want try to help me?

diesel-tech
20th February, 2011, 05:20 PM
i have had that message pop up i also accidently sent the wrong file to the pushbutton controller exatctly like u did, it killed it not even eatons could help i had to replace the pushbutton controller in my case i was sol, could not enter j talk tried every possible way with different adapters no luck, well good luck

MechanicMaster
21st February, 2011, 04:19 AM
You think problem is in the pushbutton controller? No damage to the TECU? Thanks a lot for this info.

hercamp
21st February, 2011, 03:45 PM
well.....button ..never fault to...only wire..but sometimes litle board is broken by angry drivers ...but the TCU ..faults ...a couple resistances near of solenoids blow up frecuently..and really need to see very clost that because Ive seen a couple of those transmissions with a gear broend off.

donniemnemonic
23rd November, 2011, 05:51 AM
well.....button ..never fault to...only wire..but sometimes litle board is broken by angry drivers ...but the TCU ..faults ...a couple resistances near of solenoids blow up frecuently..and really need to see very clost that because Ive seen a couple of those transmissions with a gear broend off.

Hi m8s.
Have this transmission: eaton 18 speed autoshift that the driver claims just cut out whilst in drive mode and after that just displayed the alternating dash- F sign on the dash display and after that he was unable to get it to do anything. On trying to raise fault codes the only codes that came up were 61 and 63 relating to the electric shifter. They replaced the shifter with a brand new replacement and still nothing happened. I was called in to have a look and after going through the wiring a couple of times I was content with the wiring and power supplies from the truck and was beginning to suspect either the shift controller or transmission controller to be at fault. A guy running DDDL also connected to the truck and claimed that he could not communicate with the transmission controller. I am still new to these transmissions but is it not supposed to go thru that self calibration process each time the ignition is turned on because this is not happening. If i am right about the failure being either the shift controller or the transmission controller how can I verify which it is coz I dont have replacements at hand and there is no other truck i can test these units on.

Please help
Regards
Donniemnemonic

joes108
23rd November, 2011, 11:29 PM
Hi m8s.
Have this transmission: eaton 18 speed autoshift that the driver claims just cut out whilst in drive mode and after that just displayed the alternating dash- F sign on the dash display and after that he was unable to get it to do anything. On trying to raise fault codes the only codes that came up were 61 and 63 relating to the electric shifter. They replaced the shifter with a brand new replacement and still nothing happened. I was called in to have a look and after going through the wiring a couple of times I was content with the wiring and power supplies from the truck and was beginning to suspect either the shift controller or transmission controller to be at fault. A guy running DDDL also connected to the truck and claimed that he could not communicate with the transmission controller. I am still new to these transmissions but is it not supposed to go thru that self calibration process each time the ignition is turned on because this is not happening. If i am right about the failure being either the shift controller or the transmission controller how can I verify which it is coz I dont have replacements at hand and there is no other truck i can test these units on.

Please help
Regards
Donniemnemonic

The two code you have 61 and 63 usually mean the XY shifter has failed. Eaton has had a real problem with them. The XY shifter calibrates at key off after you turn the key off wait about a minute you should hear the XY shifter go through it calibration cycle. Also Eaton always wants you to calibrate the TCM to the most current software revision. If you are going to update the TCM I would you the NEXIQ USB cable because if you don't their is a good possibility the TCM update will fail and lock you TCM.

trehlebov
7th December, 2012, 04:31 PM
how can i get the calibration to eaton autoshift gen-2?

ishell
7th December, 2012, 04:51 PM
how can i get the calibration to eaton autoshift gen-2?
Calibration file is part of ServiceRanger software.
Install it and look to installed folders.

trehlebov
8th December, 2012, 06:50 AM
thanks, i will read this ****ing manual)))