PDA

View Full Version : RB4 mileage

sepistar
19th February, 2011, 02:53 PM
Hi guys,
have tryed to change mileage to rb4 with vagdashcan 5.14,and guess what:it didn't work,after change odo present proudly 14.0 km.!
Now what is to do next?have tryed wit some different values but no change.Also try to write the saved dump but not work,it says something like were different matches.Could someone take a look to this dump to see if is complete?
regards

sepistar
19th February, 2011, 04:12 PM
cmmon people nobody have check this dump?
regards

NogaroB5S4
19th February, 2011, 04:56 PM
If you got the mileage down to 14km you should now be able dial in whatever you want with VagCom. Or take the dump, use Licznik to modify mileage then upload back to the cluster.

sepistar
19th February, 2011, 05:05 PM
licznick shows '0' to mileage,this is why i'm asking to check the dump.
regards

newgeniehex
19th February, 2011, 05:40 PM
Hi guys,
have tryed to change mileage to rb4 with vagdashcan 5.14,and guess what:it didn't work,after change odo present proudly 14.0 km.!
Now what is to do next?have tryed wit some different values but no change.Also try to write the saved dump but not work,it says something like were different matches.Could someone take a look to this dump to see if is complete?
regards
HELLO
I HAVE A SAME PROBLEME I TRY TO CHANGE THE MILEAGE ON THIS CAR AND NOW THE TACHO HAVE 14KM AND DONT START
VERY BAD TOOL BID SHIT
I GOING TO GARAGE AUDI IT CHANGE THE TACHO
I HAVE PAY 800 EUROS!!!!!!!
FOR THIS CAR YOU MUST TO USE MAGIC DASH CAN LICZNICK AND UPA OR DIGA CONSULT OR OTHER

NogaroB5S4
19th February, 2011, 05:46 PM
Ok.. Description of your problem wasn't detailed enough..sorry.

VagDashCan v 5.14 had a lot of bugs in it. One of the bugs was that it would not work with RB4 crypto, but also corrupt the EEPROM when trying to read. As it corrupts it will also give you a corrupt rescue file (dump) or an empty dump. Having said that 5.14 will not work with RB4 and do more damage than good. I returned my orange interface and picked up a 5.17 interface that is also buggy but works fairly well with RB4 and RB8. Your cluster is damaged and the only way to repair is via DeJaVu. Or pick up another used RB4 cluster to adapt to the car, but don't try with VagDashCan 5.14.

sepistar
19th February, 2011, 06:39 PM
Ok..
the car start and the dash has all the functions,think then when the dump is corrupt than the car not start or the gauges not work?!
regards

dashradio
19th February, 2011, 07:38 PM
It will depend if all or only part of the dump is corrupted whether the gauges work or not

koyot
19th February, 2011, 10:47 PM
she cannot do anything over to change dump
ou cluster

sepistar
20th February, 2011, 07:57 AM
It will depend if all or only part of the dump is corrupted whether the gauges work or not

yes i understand that,but the dash work like is nothing happened,i tryed again to read the dash and it read anything but no mileage=0.
regards

dfi
20th February, 2011, 09:59 AM
Read the eeprom with vag commander, change with nyo or lickznik and write it again through vag commander. I had the same problem 2 days ago and this is how i solved the problem.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

cosmind
20th February, 2011, 10:55 AM
I tried to read rb4 with vag commander but stops read and the dash block itself. need disconnect battery.

can you discribe the procedure used to read rb4 with vag commander, please

markony79
20th February, 2011, 11:10 AM
What eeprom is 24cxx???
and how much you need km

dfi
20th February, 2011, 11:14 AM
I tried to read rb4 with vag commander but stops read and the dash block itself. need disconnect battery.

can you discribe the procedure used to read rb4 with vag commander, please

I just read as audi rbx and it worked for me.

sepistar
20th February, 2011, 02:08 PM
What eeprom is 24cxx???
and how much you need km
If the question was for me think there should be 24c08.
regards

sepistar
20th February, 2011, 02:12 PM
Read the eeprom with vag commander, change with nyo or lickznik and write it again through vag commander. I had the same problem 2 days ago and this is how i solved the problem.

Which version of vag commander you use?
regards

markony79
20th February, 2011, 02:57 PM
regards

Your dump is empty
try open in some hex program
or I am wrong?????

dfi
20th February, 2011, 03:35 PM
regards

I did it with VAG Commander 1.4

sepistar
20th February, 2011, 05:06 PM
Your dum is empty
try open in some hex program
or I am wrong?????

hm...yes indeed.what next?wonder if i read with vag commander how is come out?will see.
regards

sepistar
21st February, 2011, 06:29 PM
problemm solved!dash is alive!,i read with vag commander,edit km,and write back.thanks to all.
regards.

dfi
21st February, 2011, 11:52 PM
problemm solved!dash is alive!,i read with vag commander,edit km,and write back.thanks to all.
regards.

You still can use the "THANKS" button.

vuno01
25th February, 2011, 01:18 AM
try to dixconnect the battery
for about 20 minutes it should solve your problem

treo
26th February, 2011, 07:14 AM
try to dixconnect the battery
for about 20 minutes it should solve your problem
Solved read all.