PDA

View Full Version : best phone

gpz900
8th December, 2008, 07:20 PM
not being a gadget type of person can anyone recommend a phone all singing dancing type or has anyone got a new upgrade unused boxed etc will arranged pick up, payment live midlands thanks

smokey_jnr
12th December, 2008, 01:31 PM
i have a spv m3100 with tom tom 6 on it, it has a 2gb mem card in it also...

Orange SPV M3100 - 3G Smartphone Review - Mobile Device Reviews - TrustedReviews (http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-devices/review/2006/09/08/Orange-SPV-M3100-3G-Smartphone/p1)

ibnbatuta
12th December, 2008, 04:01 PM
get yourself an iphone 3g...jailbroken if possible...great fun!!

smokey_jnr
12th December, 2008, 05:59 PM
but can you bluetooth music and pics to other people who do not have an iphone..?

and can you view flash websites....???

philcat
14th December, 2008, 08:54 PM
get yourself an iphone 3g...jailbroken if possible...great fun!!

I've heard the term before, but what does "jailbroken" mean please?

Dazzonamission
14th December, 2008, 09:42 PM
but can you bluetooth music and pics to other people who do not have an iphone..?

and can you view flash websites....???

I have had the pleasure of owning both the iphone 2G and more recently the 3G and it blows anything else i have owned out the water, which includes the Nokia N95, O2 Xda & Blackberry 8110.
The iphone certainly does has some limitations but the positives far outway the negatives.
I don't need to bluetooth music to other handsets, and i can e-mail pictures to people rather than SMS if i need to and the Flash situation is that a Adobe flash player is in development for the iphone and will be introduced via a firmware update.
The iphone is the ULTIMATE phone,web browser,media centre, it's not a all singing all dancing swiss knife mobile phone like other manufactuers have made that fail to deliver with overcrowded applications.
My N95 was a typical example of this,fantastic camera and video,poor audio quality,slider was tempremental,web browsing was lame, maps where toilet. and it had to be rebooted cos it kept crashing.
I am not a Apple fan but i realise what they have produced in the iphone is a innovative masterpiece.
Who needs a iphone ? I certainly do :-)

philcat
15th December, 2008, 08:09 AM
not being a gadget type of person can anyone recommend a phone all singing dancing type or has anyone got a new upgrade unused boxed etc will arranged pick up, payment live midlands thanks

Personally I can recommend the Samsung Omnia, it has some "issues", but nothing that can't be circumvented with a bit of modding - that's why we're here right? I picked it up on ebay and have managed to get it to do everything I want. I've had a very brief look at the i-phone and what it does it does very well indeed, but I wanted a few more features and am used to Windoze so went with the Omnia.

Regards

Phil

smokey_jnr
16th December, 2008, 01:46 PM
I have had the pleasure of owning both the iphone 2G and more recently the 3G and it blows anything else i have owned out the water, which includes the Nokia N95, O2 Xda & Blackberry 8110.
The iphone certainly does has some limitations but the positives far outway the negatives.
I don't need to bluetooth music to other handsets, and i can e-mail pictures to people rather than SMS if i need to and the Flash situation is that a Adobe flash player is in development for the iphone and will be introduced via a firmware update.
The iphone is the ULTIMATE phone,web browser,media centre, it's not a all singing all dancing swiss knife mobile phone like other manufactuers have made that fail to deliver with overcrowded applications.
My N95 was a typical example of this,fantastic camera and video,poor audio quality,slider was tempremental,web browsing was lame, maps where toilet. and it had to be rebooted cos it kept crashing.
I am not a Apple fan but i realise what they have produced in the iphone is a innovative masterpiece.
Who needs a iphone ? I certainly do :-)

whens that likely to happen..

manuele0484
16th December, 2008, 02:08 PM
iphone 3g best piece of tecnology

aftermath
10th September, 2011, 09:58 AM
Bump !!!!!!!

in 3 month i am due a new upgrade phone.

at the mo.... i have iPhone 3gs 16gig

the iPhone 5 is due before xmas, i am tempted to go for that due to the fact i have paid for many apps, music and stuff.

i am also tempted to go for an android phone, was looking at the samsung galaxy 2.

anyone know of any recommended phones available or due out within the next 3 month.. ?

Canker_Canison
12th September, 2011, 01:08 PM
Bump !!!!!!!

the iPhone 5 is due before xmas, i am tempted to go for that due to the fact i have paid for many apps, music and stuff.

i am also tempted to go for an android phone, was looking at the samsung galaxy 2.

anyone know of any recommended phones available or due out within the next 3 month.. ?

You might still be waiting after christmas for that Iphone 5.

Everything is still rumor & speculation, some of that points to an Iphone 4S & not an Iphone 5. There's also some strong feelings towards a lower priced, cut down version.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 & HTC Sensation still rule the roost. It would appear that the Motorola Atrix, although the more powerful, has failed to grab peoples attention. It also has some compatibility issues with apps.

If I get the time I'll look into possible handsets to be launched early next year.

oobumblebeeoo
12th September, 2011, 03:20 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 overclocked to 1.5ghz dual core, lots of things frozen to release more performance and the thing is rapid, tethering is amazing do you can use your phone as an internet hub wifi or usb, brilliant if you have 3g internet free on giffgaff's unlimited service!

Also running a very fast hacked villain rom ;-)

Amazing phone... Records 1080p video too @30fps and has the best oled screen out there and wipes the floor with any phone out there!
It has so many features and is so customizable...

Don't pay for less ;-)

Lainie
12th September, 2011, 03:43 PM
i got the htc s and its a brill phone. i eventually picked that due to the help from canker

catseye
12th October, 2011, 07:53 PM
Bump !!!!!!!

Ive picked up the Galaxy S2 in white recently & am thrilled to bits with it so far

johnboy1974
12th October, 2011, 08:07 PM
For me its the iphone 4- best phone ive ever had. I know lots of good phones out there can match it now but i have always loved the simple styling and ease of use that the iphone offers. As for the bluetooth music sharing well you cant blame apple for not allowing that. Its a bit like turkeys voting for xmas.

bbuser1
13th October, 2011, 06:23 PM
go for a blackberry - iphone more attractive but blackberry is alot more user friendly

teerak2uk
14th October, 2011, 11:59 AM
Both crap better to go down the android route i think

garry1312
14th October, 2011, 12:55 PM
Both crap better to go down the android route i think

Totally agree theres plenty of Android handsets on the market that seriously put the Iphone and blackberry to shame in spec. Also with the Market being more open source in my opinion much better apps available.

I have owned a Iphone before and all it was at first was a novelty and then that wore off, went to android and wouldnt go back..

Never owned a Blackberry and never would consider it the spec is very poor and I know so many people that have had to return there handsets over and over again due to faults. Then after there recent ~~~~ up thats just another nail in the coffin.

Jim.Mahoney
14th October, 2011, 01:04 PM
go for a blackberry - iphone more attractive but blackberry is alot more user friendly

Two words that don't go in the same sentence and that's Blackberry and Friendly!

Blackberry are of shoddy build quality, the 8520 is partly glued together! Most have multiple versions of displays for the same model - In fact the 8520 is now on Version 10. Something you need to consider with large screen phones is replacement display availability.

The iKak (also called iPhone) is fine if you want an overpriced handset that ties you down on usability! It's not for grown-ups over the age of 10 years old!!

The Galaxy S2 still beats the iPhone 4S on specification, quality build and spares availability is good!

lagerland
14th October, 2011, 01:25 PM
Like jim says galaxy s2 blinding phone ya cant go wrong love mine ...................