PDA

View Full Version : list of HD channels

clem58
19th February, 2011, 09:12 PM
not to sure if i've listed the exact dreambox i want. If not can any of you guys tell me wot u vote as the top 3 HD boxes and why. What is the best avenue to go down SATELLITE or CABLE.Also can you tell me if all HD channels can be picked up.Hope you guys can help as its gettin near to decision time.THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLIES.:hello:

opsmonkey
19th February, 2011, 10:09 PM
Forget Cable.. the HD choice is poor and its not open

1) DM800SE
2) VU+Duo
3) Spiderbox 9000HD

The DM8000 is over priced, unless you desperately need an integrated DVD..

I prefer the Dreambox over the VU+ but it does have twin tuner if that's your thing..

I've included the Spiderbox as its plug and play and decodes a lot of channels worth watching for movies, sports and entertainment

At the end of the day what do you want it for..???

I have a full Sky HD sub paired to a Sky HD+ Box so my Dreambox is only used for Football.. I don't need twin tuners, EPGs etc..

After nearly 5 years with a genuine 500S I've opted for a cloned 800 (DM800Pro).. It will give me all i need

As for what channels any box will open depends on if you have a genuine subscription card or use a server

PS.. If you're thinking of it for Sky UK then get a clone.. Plus there's so much more to satellite then what Sky UK offer

clem58
19th February, 2011, 11:14 PM
The package i'm interested in is the following. Movies & sports (i'm told i'll need a bigger a bigger dish if i want both movies n sports) all the usual channels, factual, music, radio,bbc channels that sort of thing. I'm not interested in the interactive side of things. I want to be able watch one channel while recording another if i have to use an external HDD thats fine by me. Good quality pause rewind LIVE TV (the latter was useless on starview 4 ). We had a skyplus box about 2yrs ago and i greatly increased the quality of the pictures on our 46" tv or am i askin a bit much.Also i'm planning on using a server unless i get advise telling me other wise.A decent EPG. Plus as many HD channels that are available in the UK. Can't think of anything else but i hope i've given a general idea.THANKS FOR REPLIES.

opsmonkey
20th February, 2011, 12:45 AM
Do you just want to watch Sky UK..???

clem58
21st February, 2011, 01:31 AM
Do you just want to watch Sky UK..???
Yea pretty much. Can i run a second box off the same server.Planning togo ahead roughly the end of April whenever vermins prices go up. Also would i need to change my internet provider? I'll go for wot you recommend. A guy was telling mate has a box and claims he can change commentry to english while watching foreign football is he full of it? As i said i'll go with your recommendation.And roughly how much it ill cost me a year and howi set it up. Thanks for taking the time reply.