PDA

View Full Version : Tune Failed

Rodbouy
20th February, 2011, 12:26 AM
Hi lads I just bought a new Dm800Pro Rev M (clone) and proceded to boot it up with the original image and got the message tune failed.

So I flashed Dream ellite Pheonix and again same problem. Tried various settings in the tuner config and the odd time it would crash whilst changing tuner settings.

Tried removing the tuner and re setting but still nout.

SNR does not move from 0 and AGC is at %89 and does react to the feed being removed.

Doubt there is much I can do other than wait for my seller to come back to work on monday see what they say.

On that subject I bought from Tina at yaoxincn how are they with reporting faults etc and turn atround times.

TIA

opsmonkey
20th February, 2011, 12:43 AM
thats 2 duff tuners in 2 days for YaoXin.. I've got one in DHL Heathrow this very minute.. not looking good..

Normally spot on as well.. very strange

Rodbouy
20th February, 2011, 12:48 AM
How do they nomally sort them? Do they just send out a new tuner? How are they with helping you out?

opsmonkey
20th February, 2011, 12:54 AM
i think they require you to send the box back to china.. pricey do as well

southpaw
20th February, 2011, 06:01 AM
My understanding is they insist on tuner being sent back , there seems to be a fair few faulty tuner boxes from yaoxin lately , about 50% return rate , makes you wonder if buying uk is a better idea ,
For anybody else thinking of importing it Might be worth asking for a box and a spare tuner in future , probably only $25 more anyhow , if your box is good , flog the spare tuner , gotta fetch 30 quid on ebay ,

Rodbouy
20th February, 2011, 10:10 AM
I can live with just replacing the tuner, suppose its the risk you take when buying a clone of from china. Other than that it looks good :)

Just as well I held on to my blade 7000 for the game today :)

Cheers for the replies.

rapscallion
20th February, 2011, 10:34 AM
Mates got a dodgy tuner too.It has worked OK for 4 weeks now he has nothing

Rodbouy
20th February, 2011, 01:25 PM
ok GOOD UPDATE

Got another psu to try and it worked :) So I tried the old one and same result no SNR.

COuldnt have been enough juice to power it properly.

Maybe they will send me a tuner anyway ;)

rapscallion
20th February, 2011, 02:36 PM
ok GOOD UPDATE

Got another psu to try and it worked :) So I tried the old one and same result no SNR.

COuldnt have been enough juice to power it properly.

Maybe they will send me a tuner anyway ;)
Might try my psu on my mates box.See if that works

opsmonkey
20th February, 2011, 05:55 PM
thats cracking news