PDA

View Full Version : holeset vgt on mechanical eng

jugghack2
20th February, 2011, 12:31 AM
looking to see if there are any controlers to acctuate the vgt turbo on a mechanical engine with no electronics on it
the controler need only be boost dependant as it is a race truck and not a daily driver

hercamp
20th February, 2011, 02:44 AM
wich kind of engine??? brand ????engine model??

jugghack2
26th February, 2011, 08:27 PM
Mack e9 998cu V8 mech bosch p7100-8 pump with headers and other mods we are looking to put 2 VG600 vnt turbos from a 600hp volvo truck and looking for a controler to operate 1 or both turbo acctuators on the 2 turbos
hoping to find a electronic setup but willing to go mechanical if we have to want only to monitor boost and egt for control of the turbo if needed we could install TPS and RPM sensors

jugghack2
3rd March, 2011, 12:53 AM
if anyone was interested in the thread I may have found some info on the matter the turbo is controled by the CANBus directly as it has it's own controler there are way's to control it other way's but appenently the international unit is controled by a PWM signal rether then CANBus
so I'm hoping this may be the better way to go otherwise I will be building a controler to do the job (pic chip, resistor, map, and brushless motor controler)

DDS
5th March, 2011, 06:19 PM
I was looking at this type of unit , has software and not to expensive. Maybe possible to run stepper motor with it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/451080221/smartinjectiontechguide.pdf

jctech
7th March, 2011, 12:22 PM
Early ISX VGT's were controlled by air pressure, a Herion valve took the ECM signal and regulated the air pressure.

jugghack2
10th March, 2011, 01:22 AM
I was wanting to use the stock motor and drive gear set the motor is more capable then a 1/4 scale serovo and the stock setup is a brushless 3 pole sensorless motor.
if someone want's to put a VGT on a CANbus unit then I have found a supplier who makes them PM me for the link as I do not know if venders links are welcome here.