PDA

View Full Version : is there a hack for sly digital for getting free TV

tushygirl
8th December, 2008, 07:48 PM
u know for cable there are alot of chipped boxes and starview and boxes like that yh my question was is there anything like that for Sly

Jaffa
8th December, 2008, 07:49 PM
Simple answer NO. Sky has not been hacked yet.

tushygirl
8th December, 2008, 07:53 PM
so then is there a way of getting or creating a hacked pre paid card type of thing for me to get all the channels

krazylegz
8th December, 2008, 08:31 PM
NO sly is not hacked...therefor there is no way to get a hacked card...the only way is via a valid sub or cardshare

felix1
8th December, 2008, 11:42 PM
with all respect tushygirl, sky is not the limit. if you do a little reading on here you may find out what some have know for a while. theres little point in even hacking sky as it will be locked down and encryption or cards or whateva changed within days of it being public. there have been various romours over the last few years but nothing has been made public for fear that as soon as it is it will stop working.

johnboy1974
9th December, 2008, 09:27 PM
sky invested more money in security than actual digital television technology at the start of the digital revolution in 1999. their system is the best in the world and so far has been unbreakable. ex sky technician

.: JaCkPoT :.
10th December, 2008, 01:34 AM
It was hacked once in 98 but the guy got arrested a few days later and murdoch upgraded

bigup
10th December, 2008, 03:54 PM
It was hacked once in 98 but the guy got arrested a few days later and murdoch upgraded

was this using Seasons Interface?

ahh those were the days!

alunfennell
10th December, 2008, 04:17 PM
I worked for a Company that made the Pace receivers among other things back in 2000, and I can tell you that I have seen a Sky Digital test receiver fully running without a card after a few modifacation were made by a N*S technician to the main PCB board (subsequentially that recivere went on the missing list).

And on another occasion someone I know had Sky for a few years changed over to Sky + to find that Sky never had him on there system, they never knew he was a customer and had never charged him all because the contract details had not been processed by Sky technician.

That is the only two occasions I have ever seen Sky for free.

11th December, 2008, 12:55 AM
Are you sure that your not the culprit of the missing box? lol were your company not breaking the law?
See told you it was hacked before

Sc00bi
12th December, 2008, 01:08 PM
i work for Sky,and can honestly say that the system they use will Never be beaten

alunfennell
12th December, 2008, 01:19 PM
Are you sure that your not the culprit of the missing box? lol were your company not breaking the law?

No I was to late m8 :laugh: No there was no breaking the law ! why they did it was because the were affraid of N*S master cards dissappering as there were to many of them circulating in test engineering .

Sc00bi,
I agree M8, it will never be hacked in the public domain, maybe privately by some Nurds, we will never get it, N*S have had over 10 years to develop a new version of there encryyption in case it ever happens

Regards:
Alun

Pittsey
14th December, 2008, 08:53 PM
I worked for a Company that made the Pace receivers among other things back in 2000, and I can tell you that I have seen a Sky Digital test receiver fully running without a card after a few modifacation were made by a N*S technician to the main PCB board (subsequentially that recivere went on the missing list).

And on another occasion someone I know had Sky for a few years changed over to Sky + to find that Sky never had him on there system, they never knew he was a customer and had never charged him all because the contract details had not been processed by Sky technician.

That is the only two occasions I have ever seen Sky for free.

I know someone who tried to cancel their full package a year ago. The operator changed the account details so that their direct debit was amended, but didn't send the signal out to the card. They have had the full package for 16 quid for a year or so. They daren't upgrade to sky+ and don't want a card reissue.

Curious123
14th December, 2008, 11:28 PM

Whats that old saying 'ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies'.

Curious123
14th December, 2008, 11:32 PM
i work for Sky,and can honestly say that the system they use will Never be beaten

I could have done with knowing you m8 last week cos they were giving free install and package for 12 months to friends and family.

14th December, 2008, 11:40 PM
I could have done with knowing you m8 last week cos they were giving free install and package for 12 months to friends and family.

lol i see your idea

Sirus
15th December, 2008, 12:11 AM
Ive always thought... that if you live in a semi detached or Terraced house and had a real good next door neighbour then one of you could get a multi room family package for about 50 quid a month... then when installed just rewire/move one of the systems next door and then split the differance between yous for the bill.. 25 quid each, one way of getting a full package for near half price

clit-eastwood
15th December, 2008, 12:20 AM
Ive always thought... that if you live in a semi detached or Terraced house and had a real good next door neighbour then one of you could get a multi room family package for about 50 quid a month... then when installed just rewire/move one of the systems next door and then split the differance between yous for the bill.. 25 quid each, one way of getting a full package for near half price

That would work....till you fall out with the neighbour lol

15th December, 2008, 12:22 AM
Nahh... I think both receivers has to be connected to the same phoneline for atleast a year.

clit-eastwood
15th December, 2008, 12:24 AM
Nahh... I think both receivers has to be connected to the same phoneline for atleast a year.

No probs, you just run an ext lead to next door box :)

15th December, 2008, 12:50 AM
And the kids will start to play the pay2play games and leave you with a hefty phone bill...

clit-eastwood
15th December, 2008, 12:53 AM
And the kids will start to play the pay2play games and leave you with a hefty phone bill...

well if your kids cant be trusted then yes i agree, there could be problems

also, have you heard of pin numbers? or parental lock?

15th December, 2008, 01:09 AM
well if your kids cant be trusted then yes i agree, there could be problems

also, have you heard of pin numbers? or parental lock?

Ye but i never knew sky could afford to use it lol

donadoni
15th December, 2008, 08:35 PM
The NDS-people are too hard

alunfennell
15th December, 2008, 09:51 PM
Its not nessary to have the pone line connected to the receiver for one year as stated in the contract (except for interactive or Sky Plus) if you ask the Sky enginear to Activate the receiver before installation your home number will not be registered with Sky (They will do this for a small fee 10-15 quid) then its possable to share a multyroom subscription with up to 4 neighbours of course a Quad Lnb or 4 seperate receivers will be required.

I have seen this been used in Private apartments by very clever Landlords.

Regards:
Alun

clit-eastwood
15th December, 2008, 10:55 PM
Sky used to do an opt out fee (one off payment) of ?25, so that you didnt have to have a phone line connected to the box, BUT that never used to apply to sky plus OR multi-room...not sure how it stands at the moment though

felix1
15th December, 2008, 10:57 PM
im sure thats not right as the 4 boxes will all have to make a call back at least once a month or sky will start charging the full price for each card. from what ive seen from my installs even after the first call back after install, the boxes call back again to show that they are still at teh same address.

the ?25 opt out is just to scare ppl into having the fone line connected really. and as far as i know thats the only time sky will allow the fone line not to be connected as thats why ppl receive the reduced price/subsidised boxes.

clit-eastwood
15th December, 2008, 11:07 PM
im sure thats not right as the 4 boxes will all have to make a call back at least once a month or sky will start charging the full price for each card. from what ive seen from my installs even after the first call back after install, the boxes call back again to show that they are still at teh same address.

the ?25 opt out is just to scare ppl into having the fone line connected really. and as far as i know thats the only time sky will allow the fone line not to be connected as thats why ppl receive the reduced price/subsidised boxes.

In the past i have installed many boxes for sky, and a few customers took the ?25 opt out fee, Some because they had mobile phone and werent planning on getting landline, But i was not allowed to complete an install if they were having sly + or multiroom, but as i said, i dont know if things are different now.

alunfennell
15th December, 2008, 11:15 PM

No the Card has 50 quid credit on the card in the receiver, even if you use the credit and the receiver is not pluged into the telephone you will be charged even if its a year or two later, Service updates are conducted via satellite downlink usualy once a month in the middle of the night no need for telephone connection, remember with multiroom it is the same card issued 2-3 times like clone cards.

felix1
15th December, 2008, 11:20 PM
the ?50 is only for PPV. multiroom boxes MUST be connected to the fone line and the same number too. if they are not then sky WILL charge you full subs until its sorted.

Pittsey
16th December, 2008, 10:30 AM
the ?50 is only for PPV. multiroom boxes MUST be connected to the fone line and the same number too. if they are not then sky WILL charge you full subs until its sorted.

They will send you a few letters. If you threaten to cancel it will be the last you hear from them.

opsmonkey
16th December, 2008, 08:05 PM
They will send you a few letters. If you threaten to cancel it will be the last you hear from them.

lol.. yeah honest..

Neil
19th December, 2008, 10:47 AM
their system is the best in the world and so far has been unbreakable. ex sky technician

I disagree with that statement.

The only reason other encryption methods like Nagra were hacked is because NDS hacked them. I doubt Nagra and the others would have been hacked and the info released openly if it was not for that reason.

19th December, 2008, 10:12 PM
ND5 themselves hired chris to hack nagravisi0n so companies would start to use Nd5 encryption

ferretuk
23rd December, 2008, 06:41 AM
i hear through reading nds prima fila was hacked on either hotbird or astra cant remeber its italian version of sky played with some files i downloaded but my office interepter couldnt change croation to english so i jacked it anyone have an nds cam if so was that any help italian sky has better prawn lol

The Reaper
29th December, 2008, 04:48 PM
S** digital NDS has never been hacked in this country but S** I***** was hacked fully and the hack allowed people to watch from november to may until the loop was sealed----I admit to being the hacker at the time and being arrested but it wasn't just me that got caught----places were raided throughout europe including poland and malta, our shops were closed and equipment stolen plus one very good maltese friend of mine paid the ultimate price of jail and ill health afterwards. S** is still the ultimate hack of all our dreams but up till now, nothing.
Remember the saying "big brother is watching" well they are watching but listening more to people who open their mouths in the wrong place to the wrong people at the wrong time.
Answer---if you have something naughty in your possession then don't shout about it or show it off unless you are 100% certain you can trust them.
Regards.
The Reaper.

Exclusive83
6th September, 2011, 06:46 PM
with all respect tushygirl, sky is not the limit. if you do a little reading on here you may find out what some have know for a while. theres little point in even hacking sky as it will be locked down and encryption or cards or whateva changed within days of it being public. there have been various romours over the last few years but nothing has been made public for fear that as soon as it is it will stop working.
yeah they would just do a mass card replacement, and change the the encryption absolutely no point in wasting your time

satsmo
6th September, 2011, 07:15 PM
You do realise that the post you are replying to is a few years old???

cactikid
6th September, 2011, 09:41 PM
how far back can we dig to answer old posts lol.

Manic01
7th September, 2011, 05:04 AM
1 week lol.

TEDSON
7th September, 2011, 10:34 AM
Worst necroposting ever.

gracieboo
7th September, 2011, 06:16 PM
exclusive83 from livingston. Is that not where sky hq is wtf are you playing at????

tuningschool
5th December, 2012, 09:03 PM
but after 1 year...
Sxy was hacked or not!??!!?

Shady
5th December, 2012, 09:04 PM
no, not even next year when this thread gets replied to again