PDA

View Full Version : Audio Issues On Dreambox 500 C

teleboss
20th April, 2008, 12:47 PM
Hi all is anyone else having somewhat distorted audio on the dreambox 500, Its evident on Tv channels, also some mp3s, and some MPG movies.

I know my audio setup is ok before anyone asks as are the cables to the dreambox, I haver tried anoother Dreambox and the same is evident, Yet sky box, cd player and so on on same port is fine. I am wondering if its some decoder software or driver software for the dream that has issues.

C64
20th April, 2008, 12:50 PM
I have a 500-c and 500-s, i don't get any distortion at all mate.

Might be a setting somewhere on the box that your audio equipment is unhappy with, just have a play.

teleboss
20th April, 2008, 12:59 PM
I have a 500-c and 500-s, i don't get any distortion at all mate.

Might be a setting somewhere on the box that your audio equipment is unhappy with, just have a play.

Ok Its more a DAC with wrong samplerate distortion, rather than overload on a audio input, and its evident with certain mp3s as well although they play fine on computer, Zen, and other media players.

teleboss
20th April, 2008, 03:35 PM
Ok Its more a DAC with wrong samplerate distortion, rather than overload on a audio input, and its evident with certain mp3s as well although they play fine on computer, Zen, and other media players.

Ok here is my latest finding, I have connected the dreambox to an external audio DAC via Optical out "TOSLINK", It seems that the sample output rate on the optical out is 48000 as opposed to 41000 which is the home audio format, i am wondering if there is a way to change this, as this might be effecting the onboard DACS on the dreambox itsself, through the external DACS the sound is perfect.

Any Ideas

Curious123
21st April, 2008, 10:41 AM
In the system settings disable the 'enable fast zapping' and this should fix the problem.

maw123
12th December, 2009, 04:51 PM
I have the same problem on one of my dreambox 500-c's, with very poor and distorted audio quality. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks

Curious123
12th December, 2009, 08:29 PM
I have the same problem on one of my dreambox 500-c's, with very poor and distorted audio quality. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks

Tried advice from post #5?

alexh
13th December, 2009, 01:37 AM
The Hallmark channel seems to transmit what appears to be corrupt time stamps which cause the audio to speed up and slow down during every episode of Law & Order (as occasionally does Bravo for STNG). When it is talking you can hardly notice but theme tunes & music are rendered with a kinda warbling.

Nothing you can do I believe. Pretty sure it is encoder errors rather than decoder errors.

I don't believe this is associated with FastZap issues which can occur (but I may be wrong) because it only affects certain channels and then only certain shows.

maw123
13th December, 2009, 03:06 AM
Tried advice from post #5?

Yes tried that but no joy, thanks mate.

I have 1 blackbox with perfect audio, and 1 dreambox with the poor audio issue, and both running exactly the same image so i guess must just be a hardware issue on that dreambox, i'll have to live with it. Luckily i use the box mainly for streaming to VMC via dvblink, and the audio when streaming is ok.

Cheers anyway

alexh
13th December, 2009, 01:46 PM
Doesn't sound like the same issue I've seen.

ratzbag
11th March, 2010, 02:40 PM
Hi all,

I have the same issue. when I connect the cable from the wall socket to the dreambox then there is a humming sound on the TV. there seems to be an overload.
When I connect the the cable directly to the TV then there is no distortion. I have also exchanged the cable. No change. I have even tried to use another dreambox. same issue

sleeper05
12th March, 2010, 01:45 PM
Hi guys,

I seem to get the humming noise on tv when i connect to the cable to the Db500c as well.
Also it used to work but suddenly lost sound only on one channel.