PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media warning

Kevin''
8th December, 2008, 08:28 PM
Well i was flashing my brother in law's box and when i was looking through the channels to see if it would work i had a screen sayin some BS like Usein the virgin media box is illigel n all. Is this normal for star view i personaly have a eurovox and have never had this trouble. Jus sayin cause it got me a bit worried :p
Happend to anyone else

jct
8th December, 2008, 08:32 PM
its been there for a whisle

theres 2 chans like that just edit and delete ok ;)

alanseries1
8th December, 2008, 08:37 PM
Yes had the same happen to me , just delete the two channels and forget it . Its only trying to put doubt in your mind if there was any way telepest or the other providers could know what you have dont you think they would have done somthing about it by now.:

mcbob1985
8th December, 2008, 08:45 PM
the boxes only receive signals from the providers and do not send signals back so they can never trace the box unless they come into your house

thumper
8th December, 2008, 10:15 PM
I suspect that they just broadcast a static message on a few spare channels like the old test card of bbc2 , but if you cant pick up that particular channel/frequency, u will never see the message, hence some boxes get it and some don't.:party :....any other ideas out there???

hughkay
8th December, 2008, 10:48 PM
Just noticed message on friends box..just ignore mate.

stinky2
8th December, 2008, 10:54 PM
hey guys, i guess ere not getting the fix i wont and thinking of another box, the eurovox sl ex1000, i have seen these on the net,
is it a matter of aquiring one from any retailer and downloading firmware to it or is it that someone chips these etc.
the last one i brought already done.

Kevin''
9th December, 2008, 12:52 AM
Chears For info guys i can sleep in peace :P

melloned
9th December, 2008, 01:06 AM
It's Mr Branstons way of saying what a good job you are doing guys + gals !

dddabic
9th December, 2008, 02:24 AM
Seems to be normal on a few channels

bigtoddy
9th December, 2008, 10:27 AM
thanks for the info m8

lfc4life
9th December, 2008, 10:36 AM
i have been getting 2 messages the first one mentioned and another saying non-standard equipment. These are just there too scare you as the boxes we have dont send anything back!!! :pepsi:

nod123
10th December, 2008, 11:32 PM
yawn yawn yawn! just turn over

koreknots
10th December, 2008, 11:38 PM
Nothing to worry about. Shows on Dbox2, Dreambox, Eurovox. Only telling you it is illegal to connect the box, but as they can't tell it is connected unless they physically check the sockets inside your house, just unplug if you see an unexpected virgin van outside the house when the doorbell rings!!!

david alton
10th December, 2008, 11:53 PM
Just ignore it. consider it as a test card we all used to have when TV was not broadcasting 24 hrs a day. All it is is a message on a spare channel that has not been allocated to the Virgin EPG. They have loaded up that message knowing that only dodgy boxes can see it....You are supposed to shit yourself. Disconnect your box and throw it in the canal. Phone up the number given and do a deal with them to grass up the bloke who sold it you in return for them letting you off....then sign up for the VIP package on a 12 month contract to show you are a reformed character............
Good con eh.

davieboy.rfc
11th December, 2008, 12:34 AM
the message is on a couple of eurovox channels 2 m8y