PDA

View Full Version : Need Help connecting BDM100

MS1
21st February, 2011, 10:39 AM
Hello
I just got this BDM 100 that comes in with CMD Technologies software.
The problem I have is with the ribbon cable there is no marking for pin1 on the connector that attaches to ECU board.
Is anyone experience this dilemma before?
I post some pictures, if someone can shed some light on this problem I greatly appreciate.
Please let me know if picture 1 or picture 2 is the correct way.
I need to read BMW MS 45 ECU. I have a defective ECU that I need to read the complete file and clone to another MS45 ECU. Will this work?
What will happen if I connect the ribbon cable incorrectly can I damage anything?
I will power the ECU with external power on bench.
Do I still need the 12V power supply for the BDM programmer?
Thanks for any help in advance.

decodercar
21st February, 2011, 11:32 AM
Picture2 is correct , yes you need external power supply.

8k65m
22nd February, 2011, 10:24 AM
Hi! You it is necessary to study this :http://www.evc.de/ftp/winols/BDM100en.pdf

mishu_b
22nd February, 2011, 03:07 PM
1. I need to read BMW MS 45 ECU. I have a defective ECU that I need to read the complete file and clone to another MS45 ECU. Will this work?
2. What will happen if I connect the ribbon cable incorrectly can I damage anything?
3. I will power the ECU with external power on bench.
Do I still need the 12V power supply for the BDM programmer?
Thanks for any help in advance.

1. you will see
2. if you will power on the ECU without power on BDM device - nothing bad will happen for your ECU - the worst case you will receive one message which tells you "the connection to the target can not be established"
3. no there is no need to have power supply for BDM.

all the best

bazare
22nd February, 2011, 11:05 PM
3. no there is no need to have power supply for BDM.

all the best

If you supply power to the ECU by external PINS
you won't be able to recover the ECU with BDM ... desolder job

xandaschurras
1st March, 2011, 09:32 PM
Is it correct these pines as in the photo?

Thank you very much for everything, a greeting

sarkann
8th March, 2011, 07:45 PM
Please, could be somebody so kind a write for me (step to step), how to connect SID301 ECU to BDM? I never used BDM, now i have Renault 1.5dCI siemens SID 301. I bought chinease clone, no siemens pinout was attached. :(

cipijoint
28th June, 2011, 10:09 PM
the picture nr 2 is wrong from post of xandaschurras (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/86801-xandaschurras/)/ maybe for his clone number of pins are correct.
but clone as original, this picture is correct.

demos70
24th August, 2011, 04:56 AM
Hi, I'm in the exact same situation as OP. Problem is the Siemens adapter board won't fit on BDM pads of MS45 due to oscillator on DME pcb. The BDM probes need to be longer so the Siemens adapter board sits higher and makes room for oscillator.

Also I noticed that the tiny bdm pins on adapter board aren't directly mapped to the ribbon cable socket, infact some pins aren't connected at all.
Anyone had any success with this?