PDA

View Full Version : ss-enigma V3 image

Dggrr
20th April, 2008, 02:08 PM
Anyone using this or know how to contact satsearching?

First up - I really like this image but you need a lot of linux/dvb knowledge to get something useful working. Definitely not for the noob.

This is the only dbox 2 image I have ever used which streams correctly on all channels, i.e. "mplayer -playlist http://dream/video.m3u" and works on TV with spts mode turned on.

BUT, the libc.so.6 build in the image does not match a lot of the apps (including enigma and busybox with missing procs).

As a result you get a lot of problems, including enigma crashing when you start a recording

I have a work around to use my own libc from a recent cdk but this was a big pain in the posterior to work out :)

Please pm me if you can contact satsearching

C64
20th April, 2008, 04:13 PM
I know of a forum that he posts on mate, but I doubt if I'm allowed to post the name.

He sometimes posts under the name of Boswell and he recently released an update version of SS-enigma.

Check your PM.

Devilfish
20th April, 2008, 04:37 PM
I've also emailed someone who might be able to help you.

If they don't post I will chase them up lol.

PaphosAL
20th April, 2008, 06:31 PM
You rang, Master? Back in SS-Enigma v2 beta testing, we couldn't get standard Plugins like Chess and UK TuxWeather to function. Then, SS sussed the culprit was the very libc.so.6 file to which you refer.

I think he managed to patch a slightly older version into the image, and Bingo! - all the plugins worked properly!

Yours is the first feedback I've seen where this is causing side issues, but I don't doubt what you're saying, m8. I'll try an lure SS into here, so we can maybe find a solution compatible for everyone.

At 776kb, it's only the biggest damned file in the entire /lib folder, ffs! Whichever linux genius modded the latest version to suit Recording, should really have double-checked it was backwards-compatible with harmless little Plugins, otherwise Enigma dev will be one step forward, two steps back!

I'll be back (Arnie voice)- Cheers- AL

SatSearching
20th April, 2008, 06:48 PM
I'm here now Paphos m8 :-)

OK guys, tell me the problem and if need be, I'll fix it and knock out a version 3.1

Cheers

SS

mirage
20th April, 2008, 11:28 PM
where can I find the SS enigma for a dbox2 philips?
Thx

Devilfish
20th April, 2008, 11:42 PM
I've uploaded the 2x here....

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=192

PaphosAL
21st April, 2008, 08:48 AM
I'm here now Paphos m8 :-)

OK guys, tell me the problem and if need be, I'll fix it and knock out a version 3.1

Cheers

SS

SS- please call me AL (saves bandwidth, LOL!). There's an approx problem description up above in post #1, m8.

Cheers- AL

C64
21st April, 2008, 04:35 PM
please call me AL

Reminds me of a song ;)

andrewspears2002
23rd April, 2008, 07:19 PM
anyone know how to stream vid from this image over the internet via vlc?

SatSearching
24th April, 2008, 07:26 PM
Dggrr
I am keen to look into this, I don't use the streaming features but if you can provide some info I will certainly look into it and try to sort a fix for a revised image.

SS