PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy S9 ??

22nd February, 2011, 05:49 PM
Hey Guys...
Wanted to know where the best to buy the box and where everyone else got their S9's from ??
Regards

woonker
22nd February, 2011, 11:42 PM
Try Ebay mate, thats where i'v ordered mine from.

22nd February, 2011, 11:46 PM
Im looking to avoid ebay.
They all come from China an to be honest, I want to cut out the middle man and save a few bob.

s23pho
23rd February, 2011, 05:35 PM
got mine from ebay, was in england, paid 84 pound was with me in a couple of days. eBay is probably your best bet mate

eattheliving
23rd February, 2011, 07:15 PM
Im looking to avoid ebay.
They all come from China an to be honest, I want to cut out the middle man and save a few bob.

got mine from this guy. really helpful and top bloke

elitedeals-co-uk items - Get great deals on Consumer Electronics items on eBay UK! (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/elitedeals-co-uk/m.html)

southpaw
23rd February, 2011, 09:11 PM
Got mine from yaoxin , 79 usd plus shipping ,

23rd February, 2011, 10:43 PM

Cheers mate...
Seems like Tony and his team have been treating our members well.

bernado
23rd February, 2011, 11:08 PM
One thing to keep in mind is this receiver has a 2 pin euro plug, hard wired. In theory, all UK electrical stuff should be sold with a three pin/ UK adaptor plug. In practice though, unless otherwise stated in the ad, it probably won't come with one. Pretty frustrating when you can't plug in your new toy!

doreensb
23rd February, 2011, 11:26 PM
hi all, i am looking for a sat option for my next box and just need confirmation......if i opt for the OpenBox can i set this up to receive all chanells without using any payments to the many choices available, i have a kv 780 working fine but would like to now look at sat systems too............many thanks

23rd February, 2011, 11:45 PM
One thing to keep in mind is this receiver has a 2 pin euro plug, hard wired. In theory, all UK electrical stuff should be sold with a three pin/ UK adaptor plug. In practice though, unless otherwise stated in the ad, it probably won't come with one. Pretty frustrating when you can't plug in your new toy!

Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea !
Well time to order me one of these Euro 2 Pin to 3 Pin Converter Plug / Adapter - White: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Cronus
24th February, 2011, 01:29 AM
hi all, i am looking for a sat option for my next box and just need confirmation......if i opt for the OpenBox can i set this up to receive all chanells without using any payments to the many choices available, i have a kv 780 working fine but would like to now look at sat systems too............many thanks

NO Doreen...take your Soreen!!!

Nothing is free. Its a valuable lesson to learn in life.

SG8
24th February, 2011, 09:20 AM
Well time to order me one of these Euro 2 Pin to 3 Pin Converter Plug / Adapter - White: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Euro-Pin-Converter-Plug-Adapter/dp/B000KMGTKS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298501008&sr=1-2)

You don't want one of them, you want one of these.

AVSL Group : Product : 108.825UK (http://avslgroup.com/en/product/108.825UK)

The lead is not hard wired to the box, it uses a figure of 8 lead like the one above, so throw out the lead that comes with it and use one like the above. Simples

SG8
24th February, 2011, 09:21 AM

How much was shipping ?

bernado
24th February, 2011, 11:34 AM
You don't want one of them, you want one of these.

AVSL Group : Product : 108.825UK (http://avslgroup.com/en/product/108.825UK)

The lead is not hard wired to the box, it uses a figure of 8 lead like the one above, so throw out the lead that comes with it and use one like the above. Simples

Nope, mine is definitely hard wired, or at least disappears into the box through a cable grommit, as pictured on this link - http://www.wydvb.com/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=797

I've got no intention of opening the box to see how it's terminated inside. Maybe some are being produced differently now, although mine was a more recent model, complete with V3 remote (the kind pictured in the above link).
That's something else to check, as I believe the earlier V2 remotes were a bit hit and miss directionally. The V3 remote works fine, but whoever designed the layout and colour scheme (the white keys being impossible to read), needs medical attention in my opinion

Mine didn't come with an adaptor, but it did come with a decent HDMI cable. Luckily I had a Euro adaptor spare kicking around, the same as 94941 posted

SG8
24th February, 2011, 11:38 AM
Nope, mine is definitely hard wired, or at least disappears into the box through a cable grommit. I've got no intention of opening the box to see how it's terminated inside. Maybe some are being produced differently now, although mine was a more recent model, complete with V3 remote.
That's something else to check, as I believe the earlier V2 remotes were a bit hit and miss directionally. The V3 remote works fine, but whoever designed the layout and colour scheme (the white keys being impossible to read), needs medical attention in my opinion

Mine didn't come with an adaptor, but it did come with a decent HDMI cable. Luckily I had a Euro adaptor spare kicking around, the same as 94941 posted

Must be a couple of different versions alright, as the one I came across had the fig of 8 mains lead supplied (with an American type plug) but luckily I had a few fig of 8 mains leads lying around!!

bernado
24th February, 2011, 11:42 AM
Must be a couple of different versions alright, as the one I came across had the fig of 8 mains lead supplied (with an American type plug) but luckily I had a few fig of 8 mains leads lying around!!

Must be. I've edited in a link to my post above, to prove to myself I haven't lost the plot!

SG8
24th February, 2011, 01:55 PM
Yes, definitely a different version to what I had, the remote is totally different also.

southpaw
24th February, 2011, 09:51 PM
How much was shipping ?

It was part of a larger order mate , probably about 30usd at a guess

SG8
24th February, 2011, 11:34 PM
Think I was told USD130 including shipping for one, which I was happy enough with!!

Cronus
25th February, 2011, 12:42 AM
Maxsat are doing them for ?79.99 with free delivery.

OPENBOX S9 HD PVR, OPENBOX S9 HD, the cheapest OPENBOX receiver (http://maxsat.co.uk/openbox-receiver-p-89.html)

Elric
25th February, 2011, 12:52 AM

Well time to order me one of these Euro 2 Pin to 3 Pin Converter Plug / Adapter - White: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Euro-Pin-Converter-Plug-Adapter/dp/B000KMGTKS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298501008&sr=1-2)

why not chop the euro plug off and stick a 3 pin plug on it

SG8
25th February, 2011, 09:58 AM
Maxsat are doing them for ?79.99 with free delivery.

OPENBOX S9 HD PVR, OPENBOX S9 HD, the cheapest OPENBOX receiver (http://maxsat.co.uk/openbox-receiver-p-89.html)

but not FREE DELIVERY to Ireland.

southpaw
25th February, 2011, 10:05 AM
the box i got from yaoxin had latest v3 remote ,and power cable hard-wired into box. for anybody thinking of using them , ask Tina for a price , for some reason tony was a few dollars dearer

bernado
25th February, 2011, 10:23 AM
why not chop the euro plug off and stick a 3 pin plug on it

I never thought of that! I suppose that might void any warranty

hooley
25th February, 2011, 01:48 PM
I never thought of that! I suppose that might void any warranty
Get a travel adaptor

Dub12Dave
28th February, 2011, 10:15 AM
I ordered from satboxes.com cost ?123 with next day delivery to Ireland, also heard that he does free delivery to the UK from another forum, so if you were to contact him and ask for the same free delivery he should do it too.

SG8
28th February, 2011, 11:53 AM
I ordered from satboxes.com cost ***8364;123 with next day delivery to Ireland, also heard that he does free delivery to the UK from another forum, so if you were to contact him and ask for the same free delivery he should do it too.

Cost how much ??!!

Dub12Dave
28th February, 2011, 02:49 PM
Cost how much ??!!

I dont know what happened there with my last post but it cost ?123, a bit expensive I know, but had it next day so IMO worth it.

SG8
28th February, 2011, 03:00 PM
I think that is not too bad a price, especially with next day delivery.

southpaw
28th February, 2011, 11:33 PM
Aren't they only 89 quid on ebay delivered , ? Even cheaper from China

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

1st March, 2011, 01:11 AM

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Ahhh another Orange SF user..
How you liking the phone mate ? You rooted yet ?

SG8
1st March, 2011, 09:49 AM

Yes 89 GBP (approx 106 euro)(delivered to the UK), but extra for delivery to Ireland (which brings it up around the 123 mark (euros).

Or about 90euro directly from China (once the customs dont nab you!)

southpaw
1st March, 2011, 10:44 AM
Ahhh another Orange SF user..
How you liking the phone mate ? You rooted yet ?
absolute steel mate , best ?80 i ever spent , yep rooted and cyanogen mod , my little iphone slayer lol

southpaw
1st March, 2011, 10:46 AM
Yes 89 GBP (approx 106 euro)(delivered to the UK), but extra for delivery to Ireland (which brings it up around the 123 mark (euros).

Or about 90euro directly from China (once the customs dont nab you!)

feel sorry for you paddy`s , you get stung with extra postage , and you all speak weird, lol , poor sods

hooley
1st March, 2011, 01:08 PM
feel sorry for you paddy`s , you get stung with extra postage , and you all speak weird, lol , poor sods

Oi, bejaysus we do not sound funny to be sure to be sure. Anyways I've me pot of gold to pay for the postage.

SG8
1st March, 2011, 02:19 PM

And we have no decent forums off our own!! lol

I got mine from China today (only ordered on Friday!!) so worked out well this time!! Hopefully it works!!!

1st March, 2011, 06:40 PM
absolute steel mate , best ?80 i ever spent , yep rooted and cyanogen mod , my little iphone slayer lol

Wicked :)
Im running fibblesan's - Froyo G2 and lovin it !!
I was looking at the cyanogen mod but wanted it to be a bit more stable before I jumped on board. Seems like its quite unstable now.

OLED Blade FTW !!

dekelster
2nd March, 2011, 06:24 AM
Got mine here http://elitedeals.co.uk/
Free del to northern Ireland.