PDA

View Full Version : Menu Password

Simmyuk
22nd February, 2011, 09:29 PM
Hi all, probs my first time asking for help, got my openbox today so i did a new installation but i can't as the default password to get into this menu will not work, no's ive tried are, 0000,9999,1234 even 9876 which is suppoed to be the parent lock number which does not work either on the parental lock, does anybody have a clue, what i can tell you is the box was setup with newer f/w when i got it but i cannot even check what it is.

Cheers for help

Sim

hooley
22nd February, 2011, 10:18 PM
Hi all, probs my first time asking for help, got my openbox today so i did a new installation but i can't as the default password to get into this menu will not work, no's ive tried are, 0000,9999,1234 even 9876 which is suppoed to be the parent lock number which does not work either on the parental lock, does anybody have a clue, what i can tell you is the box was setup with newer f/w when i got it but i cannot even check what it is.

Cheers for help

Sim
The default is 0000. You said it was setup before you got it.
Who set it up for you? Might they have changed it?

Simmyuk
22nd February, 2011, 10:27 PM
They updated the firmware while i waited but without the password i can't do anyhing, is there a way to put it back to factory without the password then i can start from their.

Cheers Simon

hooley
22nd February, 2011, 10:55 PM
They updated the firmware while i waited but without the password i can't do anyhing, is there a way to put it back to factory without the password then i can start from their.

Cheers Simon
Whos they? did you get it in a shop?

Simmyuk
22nd February, 2011, 11:05 PM
Yes from a shop or should i say ebay but they were local to me so i collected, they would have had to enter the password to update the f/w yes/no?.

Cheers Simon

bernado
23rd February, 2011, 10:18 AM
Yes from a shop or should i say ebay but they were local to me so i collected, they would have had to enter the password to update the f/w yes/no?.

Cheers Simon

Maybe it was a customer return, the former user updating the firmware and entering their own password. I can't see what other scenario it could be. Your best bet has got to be to contact the seller. Don't forget to remind them you're local and able to make a personal visit;)