PDA

View Full Version : Problem with keys folder

frameyboy
20th April, 2008, 02:45 PM
Hi,

I have a 500-C box. It doesnt have a the var/keys or var/scce directories though. Or anthing like it. All it lists under the var directory is:

bin
etc
log
mnt
script
tuxbox
uninstall

I have had a look to see what emulator it is using as well and it says 'none'

Can anyone help please?

Devilfish
20th April, 2008, 02:54 PM
I would suggest that you flash the DW v2 image to your box.

Image is here...
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1

Use the Dreamup and null modem cable method. If you don't have a null modem cable I suggest you get one from ebay, they're about ?3.

Guide is here...
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=33

Some images are released as a FTA image only and the creator does not support the use of any emu or keys. This sounds like the image you have.

C64
20th April, 2008, 04:03 PM
Hi,

I have a 500-C box. It doesnt have a the var/keys or var/scce directories though. Or anthing like it. All it lists under the var directory is:

bin
etc
log
mnt
script
tuxbox
uninstall

I have had a look to see what emulator it is using as well and it says 'none'

Can anyone help please?

Some images (in keeping with UK Law) do not provide cams or keys in their images, they provide the basic image and you need to add your own emulators and keys, looks like you've installed one of those.

It's easy enough to convert it into a working image as all you really need to do is add a keys folder from a working image then go into your CAM setup and enable a emu, but under the circumstances I'd suggest that you follow KAOS's advice and reflash with an entirely new working image :)

Rudi2829
7th June, 2008, 12:59 PM
Seems that I'm in the same boat. However can't find an image anywhere with cams or keys so trying it the other way.

Found a cam and put it in the temp folder and found some keys for key folder.

But no joy, can't get the cam to start with the blue button.

Tried it both with DW 2.0 and DW2.10.

Any ideas?

Curious123
7th June, 2008, 10:41 PM
You need to follow the advice in this post.