PDA

View Full Version : [PC HELP] Need Help Guys Laptop Screen Black.

mastero
23rd February, 2011, 11:39 AM
Hi guys wondered if anyone on here could help I have an acer 5535, The laptop came to me as it is my mates, they complained that the screen was going black after about 15-20 mins using it.

Anyways I turned it on to test it the laptop never went off once, then the battery died so I couldent check it any longer.

I got his charger the next day tried it and the screen was black so i put it into an external monitor and Im getting a display I thought its maybee the screen its self so I bought a new screen put it in and tested it and it worked I put it bakc togther.. then black screen again so took it apart checked the conection still nothing but you get a display when you plug it into a screen.

Its not nvdia chipset so shouldent be a graphics fault as I said iv tried the screen checked the cables etc cable seems fine. any ideas?

Ratchet
24th February, 2011, 06:13 PM
Looks like the LCD inverter is goosed mate. Have a look at this link Screen inverter board >> Laptop Parts 101 (http://www.laptopparts101.com/screen-inverter-board/) scroll down to "TYPICAL INVERTER FAILURE SYMPTOMS"
:goodpost:

djprunix
25th February, 2011, 12:05 PM
reinstall the driver