PDA

View Full Version : Launch X431

foxy6800
23rd February, 2011, 03:51 PM
Hi,

My friend who is a mechanic is planning to buy a Launch X431.
After repairing cars at the moment he takes them to a guy who is using the above mentioned box to rest errors and charge him ?30-?50 each time.

What I am after is some sort of user manual or guide for him to read to see if he can use them. What I mean is he is trying to find if it is a complicated procedure or not?

Would appreciate any help and also rough price guide or an alternative box that easier to use.

Thanks

Eboots
25th February, 2011, 11:25 PM
It depends on what you want to do with the launch.

It can handle allmost all car marks, but the user interface for every car mark is different. This is because launch takes the manufaturers diagnostics software and puts it on the launch.
It also varies how mutch you can do with the launch per mark.

There isn't a guide what can or can't be done with the launch. A bit because of what I mentioned above.

If you write down what you need it for, I could look it up on my launch and see if it is possible.

paul_12345
26th February, 2011, 12:07 AM
You can get a clone for less than ?500 so more than worth it if your paying 30-50 out each time.

foxy6800
27th February, 2011, 10:20 PM
thanks for reply guys

As I mentioned before, he wants it for reseting
Lets say he changes a time chain, and engine management light stays on, he then take the car to a guy to clear errors, (as he explained)

Thanks

raztech
28th February, 2011, 12:37 AM
You can get a clone for less than ?500 so more than worth it if your paying 30-50 out each time.

Paul where can you get a clone for less than 500? I am after purchasing one as the expense on the Snap on Solus is too much to bear updating :), Most Launch machines listed on ebay seem to be 1k + Mark, with the cheapest option seems to be the Diagun at 700+.

On the Launch Clone machines

Is the software etc on these no different to the Genuine Launch software and updates with the exception of "cheaper components inside" as this is what i am being told ?

Theres a lot of Clones being sold as genuine Launch X431 From the Launch factory and a lot of people claiming the update is no different to what you see on the Launch website for February 2011.... anyone know a trusted seller they have purchased from and all has been well?

As i use my current diagnostic scanner on fairly new and modern vehicles from 2003- 2009 and do not want to risk damage to the ecu or any other component.

Regards

fandm
4th March, 2011, 03:04 PM
tell him to gooogle the full manual in english loads of places to download from.

He who laughs last laughs longest

paul_12345
4th March, 2011, 08:49 PM
yes Diagun around 720 USD, try

alibaba.com
aliexpress.com
dhgate.com

most will accept paypal.

TanSH
12th April, 2011, 02:24 PM
I would like to inform all DK member, please do not purchase any tool from Tool for Car Online Store!, Provide Vehicles Diagnostics Tools at an Affordable Price (http://www.tool4car.com). I had purchase many tool from this seller and i encounter many problem about the tool i bought from him without warranty and update. I do hope so all the member of DK believe my advise.

alex1986
15th April, 2011, 12:57 PM
I could email you the manual also details functions list (which job the x431 will do for the specifi cars)

EwellG
15th April, 2011, 02:05 PM
There is no fake or X431 clone. What Launch has done in their pricing structure is to give their Chinese domestic market lower prices compared to the international market.

The clever Chinese traders took advantage of this and changed the Chinese Language software in their domestic market machines into English versions. They then sell this in Alibaba, Aliexpress and Ebay. They also make the machines have similar serial numbers. They have one machine that is subscribed to the Launch website for updates and they use this machine's serial number to get updates. They then distribute these to the other machines with cloned serial numbers.

The catch here is, you cannot get online updates from the the Launch website (www.x431.com (http://www.x431.com)) directly. Some of the vendors will give you updates on an irregular basis thru email or file transfer and most of the time the update is not the latest you can find in the Launch website.