PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Pro DVI Problem - YaoXin Box

opsmonkey
23rd February, 2011, 07:56 PM
I've got a DM800 Pro from YaoXin

DVI to HDMI is pretty pish to be honest.. sometimes it works, sometimes its just 'snowy' and pops and cracks..

Anyone else had this problem..?

Works fine on SCART but obviously didn't get it for SD TV

Thanks

southpaw
23rd February, 2011, 08:08 PM

DVI to HDMI is pretty pish to be honest.. sometimes it works, sometimes its just 'snowy' and pops and cracks..

Thanks

Not sure if this is the solution to your problem but i had issues with a HD box , eventually figured out my tv didnt accept 60htz refresh rate , set to 50htz and connection perfect ever since
Have you tried both 720p + 1080i btw

lombard
23rd February, 2011, 08:09 PM
aint had that, but internal fan loud high pitch thats from a first ever start, :(

yamar1
23rd February, 2011, 08:09 PM

Thanks

seems a few are getting problems with the pro. i have the earlyer 800 from tony and now and again the picture goes blank and i have to turn the dreambox to standby and back on to get the picture back. apart from that its fine, could be something in the settings as like yours it doesent affect the scart picture, just the hdmi one.

lombard
23rd February, 2011, 08:10 PM
Not sure if this is the solution to your problem but i had issues with a HD box , eventually figured out my tv didnt accept 60htz refresh rate , set to 50htz and connection perfect ever since
Have you tried both 720p + 1080i btw

ya i notice when on 60hz picture frame skips, but perfect on 50hz. what image your using ?

southpaw
23rd February, 2011, 08:14 PM
ya i notice when on 60hz picture frame skips, but perfect on 50hz. what image your using ?

this issue was not a dm800 mate , on an openbox S9 , figured it was worth a mention tho , as wasn`t somethin i thought would affect as much as it did

opsmonkey
23rd February, 2011, 08:22 PM
wont work on any setting 50 or 60hz

worked ok(ish) last night

Turned it on, DVI not working, changed input via menu on TV to HDMI1 then back to HDMI2 and it worked.. Also tried turning TV off then on, worked then..

TV not a problem running Sky HD and PS3 fine on both HDMI ports

opsmonkey
23rd February, 2011, 08:33 PM
ok found a fix.. need to put TV onto HDMI2 (dreambox) picture is snowy pops and cracks.. Turn TV to standby, then turn TV back on works..

Anyone have an idea what it may be..??

not happy though, always had genuine Dreamboxes before and now i know why

southpaw
23rd February, 2011, 09:06 PM
Have you tried hdmi cable into port one on tv

cunny
23rd February, 2011, 09:12 PM
have you had a look for firmware update for the TV? Long shot like

opsmonkey
23rd February, 2011, 09:12 PM
just tried it now mate.. same thing.. not working when selected, turn tv to standby and back on works fine..

All other HD eqpt works in either HDMI port.. DM same problem on either port

does the same on my sons TV (2 weeks old)

gji25
23rd February, 2011, 09:17 PM
ok found a fix.. need to put TV onto HDMI2 (dreambox) picture is snowy pops and cracks.. Turn TV to standby, then turn TV back on works..

Anyone have an idea what it may be..??

not happy though, always had genuine Dreamboxes before and now i know why

you get what you pay for ... personally i would only use original dm but know people who have clones and they seem quit happy with them... also as they churn them out by the bucket load in the factory in china your bound to get a dud one here and there as the quality control just aint the same as the german factory

Rodbouy
23rd February, 2011, 09:45 PM
I had a similar problem with a skyHD box, every now and then it would goto a blank screen and I had to pul the hdml in and out to get it to work. This was the same for the 3 hdmi ports. But my Blade 7000HD and PS3 did not cause these problems.

So it was either the box or the HDMi cable, so quickest way was to replace the cable ( i had just ran them all underground too :( ) but it turned out to be the cable that was faulty as its never done it sicne I bought a new one.

Since my psu was not powering the tuner my box has been great, I had t make sure the fan was working it was that quiet but just bought a notebook cooler as it was still getting hot.

23rd February, 2011, 09:51 PM
same problem.... I posted this a couple of weeks ago
http://http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/v-settings-newnigma2-189710/?highlight=dvi (http://http//www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/v-settings-newnigma2-189710/?highlight=dvi)
I have fitted a new DVI cable, and it seems a lot better.

opsmonkey
23rd February, 2011, 10:00 PM
same problem.... I posted this a couple of weeks ago
http://http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/v-settings-newnigma2-189710/?highlight=dvi (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/v-settings-newnigma2-189710/?highlight=dvi)
I have fitted a new DVI cable, and it seems a lot better.

when you say "a lot" does this mean it still happens..???

23rd February, 2011, 10:08 PM
it's droped the picture twice in 4 days, and not at all tonight so far.

opsmonkey
23rd February, 2011, 10:15 PM
sounds like more than a lead problem to me then

23rd February, 2011, 10:21 PM
I agree, but what..... seems to be a few with the same problem.

opsmonkey
23rd February, 2011, 11:00 PM
i didn't pay out ?130 for a constant problem

Curious123
24th February, 2011, 12:22 AM
i didn't pay out ?130 for a constant problem

Sorry to hear about your problems m8, I was about to order mine from the same place this week but after your experience I am having second thoughts.

reddevil157
24th February, 2011, 01:33 AM
Have you tried to contact them ops ,maybe just that one in a million box. They're meant to be ok for after sales. Having said that, I didn't buy from them yet.

24th February, 2011, 02:14 AM
Due to OPSMONYEY's unfortunat circumstances..this will be a good time for fellow brotherin to check out YaoXin's after sale support.

Fingers crossed that you won't have to go that track.

Desitv
24th February, 2011, 02:21 AM
Box from YaoXin coming faulty ..

Rodbouy
24th February, 2011, 02:45 AM
Fingers crossed its just a simple cable change. When I thought I had a tuner issue, Tina replied right away and was happy enough to replace.

gsmtech
24th February, 2011, 12:56 PM
you get what you pay for ... personally i would only use original dm but know people who have clones and they seem quit happy with them... also as they churn them out by the bucket load in the factory in china your bound to get a dud one here and there as the quality control just aint the same as the german factory

Are original DM800s made in Germany ? Doubt it...probably still manufactured in China. Quality control probably is better though and more rigorous than clone manufactures who are just concerned with high volume output...

southpaw
24th February, 2011, 01:02 PM
i got 3 boxes off tony at yaoxin , and all 3 have been perfect,
thought i would mention it to balance things up , as people only seem to report when things go titsup ,

btw , i not affiliated with yaoxin ,and couldnt care less were people buy , just reporting my experiance

SGTFlipFlop
24th February, 2011, 01:49 PM
Bought 4 or 5 boxes from Peter at Yaoxin, 1 had a faulty remote and was replaced within days.

After sales with them are excellent if you need too

24th February, 2011, 02:36 PM
Nice, thats what I like to hear.
For thoses that had to send back tuners and such....How much did you pay out of pocket for shipping ?

opsmonkey
27th February, 2011, 12:54 AM
Quick update..

Changed the DVI to HDMI cable with one bought from ASDA (gold) same problem...

Slotted in a DVI to HDMI converter i "borrowed" from work.. Same problem..

After sales service.. Same problem.. They want me to send the box back.. no shipping will be refunded.. ?30 it will cost me to ship it back to China

I know a lot here have said they have had great service, well I deffo haven't.. I'm not sending the box back and going to be ?30 out of pocket.
"All boxes are tested before leaving" their site says.. well that's obviously a crock of shite or they would have picked up the DVI port is knackered

Also the USB ports are on an angle behind the slots. A USB lead JUST about fits in if you twist at the end..

I wish I'd have bought from the UK and spent the ?60 extra

Are original DM800s made in Germany ? Doubt it...probably still manufactured in China.. Their factory is in Germany mate.. My genuine 500s that i bought 4 years ago was made in Germany

Rodbouy
27th February, 2011, 03:00 AM
Can you not claim paypal? then at least get cash back, I dont know how they stand on getting cash back for postage mind you.

Sorry to hear that mate.

bubbles69
27th February, 2011, 10:38 AM
Yer the postage is ?27 royal mail international signed for, i had the same problem myself once ordering from china, and after getting a ?43 dhl customs invoice that really put me off... if people do order from china you must accept you have to pay postage and customs if anything goes wrong its ok if you are buying in bulk, but buying 1 single box is pointless

super jumbe
27th February, 2011, 10:49 AM
:hello:bubbles69, ask them for proof of payments because as I am now very much experience on those issues that tax and vat comes on a bulk export and not for some thing you have bought as a gift or some thing under the value, when you will ask for proof you will never hear from them believe me.
:hello:

southpaw
27th February, 2011, 11:50 AM
:hello:bubbles69, ask them for proof of payments because as I am now very much experience on those issues that tax and vat comes on a bulk export and not for some thing you have bought as a gift or some thing under the value, when you will ask for proof you will never hear from them believe me.
:hello:

what you mean mate , ask dhl for proof of payment ? you mean after you have paid them the fee ?

btw , i got a bill from them 18months ago , ignored it and still not had any reply from them

bubbles69
27th February, 2011, 03:19 PM
yer i ignored my bill they did ring me but i said i never ordered anything and they deleted the debt

opsmonkey
27th February, 2011, 05:12 PM
Can you not claim paypal? then at least get cash back, I dont know how they stand on getting cash back for postage mind you.

Sorry to hear that mate.

cheers bud.. PayPal claim has been smashed in straight away

bubbles69
27th February, 2011, 05:13 PM
Good luck mate, but all you will get as a refund of the product only, but if you sent payment as gift you not got a leg to stand on sorry to say,

opsmonkey
27th February, 2011, 05:17 PM
Bought through PayPal via AliExpress

southpaw
27th February, 2011, 05:55 PM
probably a good idea to use your credit/debit card when paying via paypal , gives you cover on your card over ?100 purchases ,
never use paypal balance or this cover wont apply