PDA

View Full Version : DM500s getting stuck

meiji4u
8th December, 2008, 10:39 PM
Hi Guys,

I have DM500s with CCcam 2.0.9. Lately it has started getting stuck after 5 to 6 minutes when started. I cannot even ping/telnet. The channel which is being viewed stays active. Anyone has an idea whats wrong?

Thanx

opsmonkey
8th December, 2008, 10:48 PM
ok.. you need to narrow down your arc of problems here mate..

how old is it..?
how much clean air can the fan take in.. (ie does it overheat)..?
what image are you using..?
is it a gen box or clone..?
how long have you had it..?

meiji4u
8th December, 2008, 11:04 PM
Following are the answers to your questions,
1) it is 18 months old.
2) Other details are:

Model: DM500
Manufacturer: Dream-Multimedia-TV
Processor: STBx25xx, 252MHz
Harddisk: none
USB Stick: none
Linux Kernel: Linux version 2.6.9 (tux@tux) (gcc version 3.4.4) #1 Tue Feb 26 17:05:38 CET 2008
Firmware release: 4.3.1, 26.02.2008
FP Firmware n/a
Web Interface: 6.0.4-Expert

3) How can we tell it is gen or clone? Because as far as I remember I bought genuine one sealed..

4)
I dont think that its a heating problem. It is not getting heated...

Curious123
8th December, 2008, 11:10 PM
I would flash it with a new image and than check if you still get the same problems. If you still have the same problem than you know it is not your image but rather your hardware.

opsmonkey
8th December, 2008, 11:12 PM
whats the start of your mac address..?

if its 00:09:34 its gen.. if its anything else its fake

what image are you using..? for example gemini..

Curious123
8th December, 2008, 11:26 PM
whats the start of your mac address..?

if its 00:09:34 its gen.. if its anything else its fake

what image are you using..? for example gemini..

I have got a clone dm600 and the sticker at the bottom of the box says the mac is similar to your post but when I checked it on my router it was something like 20:20:00....

opsmonkey
8th December, 2008, 11:30 PM
I have got a clone dm600 and the sticker at the bottom of the box says the mac is similar to your post but when I checked it on my router it was something like 20:20:00....

then you my friend deffo have a cloned box.. dont use gemini lol

meiji4u
8th December, 2008, 11:36 PM
The box is genuine alright. Its mac starts as 00-09-34-23...
I am not sure about image, it says dreamgaza.com when it starts.
I wanted to load gemini or darkstar II, to check the same thing that whether it is h/w or s/w issue. But I need to know that how can I restore my settings /codes for the channel packegs...

Curious123
8th December, 2008, 11:40 PM
then you my friend deffo have a cloned box.. dont use gemini lol

Well the Chinese supplier promised me that it would be a genuine clone and not any of that expensive rubbish you get from the Germans so I am not too worried.lol

Curious123
8th December, 2008, 11:49 PM
I wanted to load gemini or darkstar II, to check the same thing that whether it is h/w or s/w issue. But I need to know that how can I restore my settings /codes for the channel packegs...

I really wouldn't try Gemini it is not worth the risk. You could copy your channel settings with dreamboxedit, you could copy var/keys and var/scce folders to your pc and than restore them back to your dreambox but the freezing problems could be caused by something in your files so I would start from scratch. Use Dreamup and flash a new image, load CCcam 2.0.11, copy satankey bundle to your box and reload your channel settings.

opsmonkey
8th December, 2008, 11:49 PM

is that number from the sticker on the box or from the info on setup..?

i back up my cccam config files and prio files quite often.. back up everything to a folder on your hard-drive then you cant go wrong

meiji4u
9th December, 2008, 01:31 AM
I did a ping and then took the mac through arp. It is the real mac. I do have my image on my harddrive through dreamup. I shall try flashing with the new image plus cccam.

opsmonkey
9th December, 2008, 12:08 PM
good luck dude

alunfennell
9th December, 2008, 05:51 PM
Here is a handy program to check if your Dreambox is a Clone or not !

meiji4u
9th December, 2008, 06:32 PM
guys...the /var/keys has a folder "nagra_roms" which is empty also /var/scce folder is empty...I have same folders in /init_var, which are also empty...now what...?