PDA

View Full Version : DM500S Flashing and Re-imaging

meiji4u
8th December, 2008, 10:41 PM
Dear All,
I am farely new to dreambox world. I bought it from a vendor who had the image and evreything installed for viewing channel packages. Can any one help me which files are these which are used for the above?
Plus if I upgrade the image on the box, which files do I need to backup so that I can put them back once the upgrade is done and do not lose any channels...

Thanx

opsmonkey
8th December, 2008, 10:50 PM
my advice is..

do you need to change your image..?
are you getting the channels you want..?
how many c & f lines have you got..?

if your not savvy on the dreambox.. i would say.. unless its broke.. dont try to fix it.. read around first they are complex boxes.. if you flash it wrong you can brick it

cauliflower69
9th December, 2008, 12:18 AM
Is it just the case that you want to know how to do it or do you want a newer image for extra features?

I do agree though with opsmonkey theres no need to go messing with it if its working fine.

If you google flash dreambox etc into google theres millions of tutorials.

Be very very careful because your box can be a door stop if you do it wrong.

jmdidos
6th June, 2010, 04:05 PM
I am new to DreamBox800 HD. My friend and I have exactly the same Sat dish setup and the exact same Dreambox800 HD model. In fact we bought at exactly thesame time and place. However, his tuner configurations work better than mine and he has almost all channles while I have only some. I have tried getting his backup config and restoring them on mine but the tuner issue remains. I am hoping that by imaging his whole box and restoring it on mine, the tuner issue will be resolved. Any ideas are most welcome.
- Jmdidos

Bulld0g
6th June, 2010, 05:07 PM
Have you tried fine tuning the dish. Swap boxes over and see if it makes a difference. It's probably his dish alignement is more accurate that yours rather than it's an issue with the tuner.