PDA

View Full Version : Star view 2.

786ati
8th December, 2008, 10:47 PM
Hi, can any1 help me to fix my updation problem on starview2 box,
i even wasted money on ebay .
if some1 would help me i shall b very thankfull.
its updating only not working. i know wat do i need to do ,
thanks
Ati:bawling::bawling::bawling:

dell_xps
8th December, 2008, 10:54 PM
Whats not happening m8? If it's updating it should be working?
Press menu, then 1570 on the remote, should take you into the cas menu (secret menu),then turn EMU to on, exit back to a channel.
Who did you buy it from on Ebay ?, more to the point how much ???

786ati
8th December, 2008, 11:05 PM
hi dell-xp
i just did that now, emu was already on, i turn off and turn on again, but still upgrading , can watch the channel , could you come back to me asap.
thanks

786ati
8th December, 2008, 11:10 PM
hi dell-xp
i just did that now, emu was already on, i turn off and turn on again, but still upgrading , can watch the channel , could you come back to me asap.
thanks

dell_xps
8th December, 2008, 11:11 PM
hi dell-xp
thanks

Did you flash with the proper firmware m8?

If so go into the secret menu again, and press set default key, exit back to a sly sports one and let it update.

786ati
8th December, 2008, 11:18 PM
yes , i went to men, press 1570, emu was already on,come back updating again, and stucked. i have downloaded the software as well, but i cant open it, i dont know how to use it, could you help me plz
thanks

786ati
8th December, 2008, 11:19 PM
i did on sky sports 1 , updating and then stucked.

dell_xps
8th December, 2008, 11:21 PM
yes , i went to men, press 1570, emu was already on,come back updating again, and stucked. i have downloaded the software as well, but i cant open it, i dont know how to use it, could you help me plz
thanks

have you connected your box to your computer via an rs232 or null modem cable m8?
The file you are looking for to flash your box is

v4.03_051005.exe

786ati
8th December, 2008, 11:22 PM
where can i get that file from?
how to run that file.

dell_xps
8th December, 2008, 11:23 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/starview-2-box-v4-55-firmware-18314/

786ati
8th December, 2008, 11:26 PM
The_Box_4.55.rar hello yes i got this file, how can i run it, its not opening, i dont know where shall i open it, wor, eplorer, flash??
could you tell me how to open it.

dell_xps
8th December, 2008, 11:32 PM
The_Box_4.55.rar hello yes i got this file, how can i run it, its not opening, i dont know where shall i open it, wor, eplorer, flash??
could you tell me how to open it.
download a prog called winrar, open it with that extract it to your desktop or someone where you can find, it's an exe file, double click on it, connect the box up to your pc and run the file.

melloned
9th December, 2008, 01:30 AM
Done one of these tonight for a mate .
It was running on V4.51 firmware .
If yours is , you have to flash it with V4.54 , then flash the logo file over this (in the box fix available on this site).
Once you've done this, you need to flash the box with the latest 802 "box" firmware and you've done it !
All's that's left is the norm , parental control / key in 1570 / turn EMU ON / , exit out to a ppv channel and Bingo !
You may have to fiddle with the loader / box to get the download started , as they can be a pain.
It;s working like a dream !
I hope this helps .

Doomed
9th December, 2008, 09:43 AM
Done one of these tonight for a mate .
It was running on V4.51 firmware .
If yours is , you have to flash it with V4.54 , then flash the logo file over this (in the box fix available on this site).
Once you've done this, you need to flash the box with the latest 802 "box" firmware and you've done it !

You don't need to flash it twice if you you the V4.55. Just the once.

Loading software to the box:
Plug the RS232 NULL MODEM lead into the back of the box and to your PC.
Plug the box into the mains and turn it on. It should display ON, on the display.
Double click the red arrow which is the loading software.
Now click the bin file button.
Double click the BOX file.
Now click download (this will take a few minutes).
Well done now your box has the software on.