PDA

View Full Version : How to stream your dreambox over the internet

Devilfish
1st March, 2008, 02:52 AM
Here's a guide on how to stream your dreambox channels over the internet.

There's a few apps needed and your PC needs to be on 24/7 to transcode the stream to a manageable bitrate.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
(http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=22)

6666a
3rd March, 2008, 09:24 PM
got vlc but stuck in 2-create directory and copy dreamview ,how ???please help and if put IP adress in Vlc its not opening stream what elsee required.

bro
12th March, 2008, 10:39 PM
does web x tv work for you,if so download webcamMax then join ustream for free then you cant start up web x tv and with the webcam program capture the screen which in turn uploads it to ustream at the same time,works for me anyway,,,also try a few different versions of v.l.c

bro
14th March, 2008, 10:35 PM
posted on another forum,not tried myself yet,,mine is working lol apart from sound,,

This is a way of doing it- bit of work though
On Home PC, install GBPVR. install dboxrecorder plugin, add channels manually to plugin. get TV schedules using xmltv file.

Then use web interface to GBPVR from work pc, from TV guide select priogram to stream, change steraming parameters to best match your Broadband upload speed. Use player on work PC, usually VLC is preferred but WMP is also supported.

Lot of work just for streaming but you get all the PVR functions as well, ie recording shows/series etc.

thanks to happyhammer

angelus
7th April, 2008, 09:09 PM
Great one! Is this working with all DMs?

dstation
8th April, 2008, 08:25 PM
Do you think this guide would work with a bm7025?

mukalaaa
10th May, 2008, 01:55 AM
but how can see my dreambox over nokia N95 ....it looks like i cant because there is no VLC prog. for nokia

can u help me plz?

edisitaru
2nd June, 2008, 11:38 AM
Any applications?

txrx
2nd June, 2008, 06:42 PM
i have VLFC plugins install but i can play it from the pc to the dreambox. any solutions to this?

limak2007
3rd June, 2008, 09:44 AM
is there a guide to streaming to N95?

caveman_nige
3rd June, 2008, 02:37 PM
There still is no VLC for nokia (symbian) trying the Helix Project other than that keep checking this site as there are a few of us working on the nokia to dreambox thing...

chris_digital
6th July, 2008, 08:06 PM
I use a dBox and usually just use yWeb (type ip address into internet explorer) and goto live TV. I get video and audio only on some channels, then video only on others on nothing at all. PS using ucode14

Next I have tried GBPVR but couldn't get the dbox plugin to work.

Then NeutrinoTV but it couldn't initialize the dbox and channel changes were slow, seemed to have less channels available too.

Then tried dboxtv (link from the neutrinoTV site). This gave the most channels and quickest channel changes but still no sound on some.

The sound issue does not effect Dreamboxes (as far as I can tell with new images) so is it an image issue???

Has anyone got all channels with sound (on dbox)?
What was the setup, or can anyone explain why can we not get sound an all the channels?

MILLWALLFC
6th July, 2008, 10:26 PM
Great will try your guide later, cannot download dreamView 0.1.4 at the moment as their page is not working.

I was using X Live grabber indoors with a wireless router and that worked quite well. The majority of channels worked.

Any tried it outside the house today so it went over the Internet and not the WAN, it kept breaking up as the quality was set to to high. Will this lower the quality so it be pretty decent ?

MILLWALLFC
7th July, 2008, 09:03 PM
Good guide, i managed to download today. Is there anyway you can change dreamView so it broadcast over port 80, ithe video channel port is something like 31399.

chris_digital
19th July, 2008, 02:03 PM
Just wondering, has anyone managed to stream all the channels with sound?

Sig-gotyouth
20th July, 2008, 05:50 PM
I have a SONY LOCATION FREE PLAYER... do you know if this would be compatible with a DM500C?

o71g
20th July, 2008, 11:18 PM
I also have problems with sounds ITV will not give me audio but ITV2 works fine!!

I just put it down to one of those things.

tasgaz
31st July, 2008, 05:04 PM
i`ll try it NOw

<--tasgaz added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...-->

I cant download the txt file what happens i have allready post a comment Thanks!!

Sig-gotyouth
3rd August, 2008, 05:19 PM
working on this now... seems I can stream at home. but I cant stream to my girls... is it possible that she needs something like activex installed? shes got vlc installed and seems to be doing everything correctly.. so now Im wondering what extra she needs. Streams seem to work fine for another friend

roulitsas
4th August, 2008, 08:48 AM
It works and i have tried it in the past but... if you have a slow speed connection (i have 24MBitU/1MbitD) you will have glitches and you have to lower the streaming sample rate to a lower one.

I have also used this guide in the past to watch Dreambox Streams with my modded XBOX using XBMC (i have to find that file again somewhere to give it to you)...;)

redwarrior
8th September, 2008, 10:34 PM
Hi Guys,

Couple of questions regarding streaming. Can different channels be viewed by two different people connected to the same dreambox?

Also getting the dreambox connected to the internet via a wireless router, what do you guys use, wireless bridges or the ethernet over power route... what would use the more power f left on 24/7?

cheers

L33T
15th November, 2008, 04:39 PM
Excellent cheers.

Has anyone got this streaming to an N95 mobile yet?

L33T
28th February, 2009, 03:40 PM
just wondering if anyone has managed to stream to the N95 phone yet?

Be grateful if anyone can post a how to guide.

cheers

sridsdill
27th April, 2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the guide, very useful...i no longer have to be without tv...

Thanks

Ballistic
28th April, 2009, 09:25 PM
So does this mean that If i wanted to watch some program that is on my dreambox i could on watch it away from home on my iphone?

B

satman
28th April, 2009, 09:27 PM
Another slighlty easier way is install something like 'teamviewer' which is a great remote desktop solution,
you can just access your home computer and watch it thru this internally without a lot of hassle ;)

Ballistic
28th April, 2009, 09:31 PM
Cheers Satman, some food for thought,

I take it you can only watch whatever channel is on the box at the time?

B

satman
28th April, 2009, 10:04 PM
yes but you can control it completly from web interface incuding changing channels.

sweetballa79
8th May, 2009, 01:46 PM
so basically there is a need for a PC to be on 24-7 in order to be bale to watch the DB remotely?

caveman_nige
8th May, 2009, 01:58 PM
correct, no pc on the home network is required to be on for the dm to stream from it...

quick tip.... do not use the lastest version of the VLC player on your puter as it will not work, just download the older version as it works straight away, or at least it does for me.. http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/vlc-player-0-8-6d-690/

mea_john
7th September, 2009, 07:42 AM
vlc 1.0.1 io out... Still don't working with it?

eladmiral
5th January, 2010, 10:10 AM
What about a ustream plugin for the dreambox?
Is there such a thing??

sivhead
5th January, 2010, 04:40 PM
I just thought would add you can stream to a symbian os vlc has been ported accross google it

sivhead
5th January, 2010, 05:00 PM
I could never get VLC to work properly or webx tv. with my 500c the only thing that worked staright out of hte box was something called "Tunisa Sat Dreambox Player and Streamer 5"

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/dreambox-streaming-internet-never-easy-like-45719/index2.html

Its been posted before

I have just got to add it the stream of hed channels is not viewable. you can tell what the program is but its not viewable. maybe its the limitations of a 500c

mcassidy
12th February, 2010, 12:03 AM
Hi. Can't find download for Dreamview 0.1.4 anywhere? Do you have a link? Cheers and thanks for the guide.

a1gunner
16th March, 2010, 07:04 PM
got everything working fine movies playing from my ex hd but it wont play my mp3 files anybody no why:

theGh0st
25th March, 2010, 11:40 PM
DreamView and VLC working perfect for me, can even change the audio track via VLCs audio menu.

I have it streaming to VLC on a Mac, PC and my Jailbroken iPhone across the net with very good quality.

This is much easier then using Tunisa Sats one.

firestorm
6th October, 2010, 12:19 AM
has any one been able to stream directly from a dreambox( E2) to an iphone 4 with out a home pc over the net.As in our house we don't have a PC we all have laptops so it would be a realy pain to leave a laptop running as i need it for work

i1646tvk84423
20th January, 2013, 08:40 AM
Another possiblity is http://mumudvb.braice.net/mumudrupal/ which I'm going to investigate soon.

MINASPRO
20th March, 2013, 10:31 AM
Hello to everyone i'm new @ this hope it will work also on me!
Thank's to the editor!