PDA

View Full Version : Misleading trailer for new film : REC

C64
20th April, 2008, 03:18 PM
Anyone else seen the trailer for the new film in the cinema called REC?

This is a great film and well worth the watch but what the trailer forgets to mention is that the movie is SPANISH with English subtitles, I can see a lot of people getting up and leaving, some of them will probably ask for their money back.

Is this false advertising or are they allowed to let people think that it's just a normal English speaking film.

Personally I think that they should be made to make it clear in all advertisements and trailers that it is a foreign language film.

Great film BTW, go see it, or download it. :)

father ted
20th April, 2008, 03:56 PM
i thot it was english?ffs good job you said something i was gonna see it

C64
20th April, 2008, 03:59 PM
lol, it's a good film but i know a lot of people have no interest in watching films with subtitles.

Neil
20th April, 2008, 06:12 PM
lol, it's a good film but i know a lot of people have no interest in watching films with subtitles.

I won't be watching it then, I can't read ;)

Jaffa
20th April, 2008, 07:16 PM

I will maybe give it a watch sometimes, I dont mind subtitles if the film is good.

Yes I agree witchy, they should let people know.

charlie senator
20th April, 2008, 09:12 PM
I never thought i could watch a film with subs , but watched "apocalypto" not knowing it was subs all the way through and it was a great film.In fact it wouldn't have been so good if it was in English.So maybe if people go to watch Rec they might actually enjoy it Trouble is if you tell them its subbed then they won't go