PDA

View Full Version : is all hope lost?

tallskinnydude
24th February, 2011, 10:11 AM
starview, back by weekend , starview , back next week starting with sports and asian channels , starview , my mate said they be back up n running ,

sick of hearing all these stories bout this and that and i jus thinking that nobody knows whats going on so why give false hope to all the starview "customers"

anybody got any GOOD TRUSTWORTHY advice, and no heard it thruough the grapevine crap!!
:manuscarf::party::manusign::manutop:

Shady
24th February, 2011, 10:12 AM
by good trustworthy advice, do you mean the stuff you want to hear? if so, then no....some good trustworthy advice is to get a new box.. krypt if you want (although how long that will last is anybodys guess) or get a sat box.

owenb
24th February, 2011, 11:30 AM
best advice coming up hang on ......... GET A SAT BOX or pay virmin

sunny_g
24th February, 2011, 01:00 PM
SV gone tits up, they got knicked hence the server is down, i got this news from trustworthy source, the only way forward it KV or start paying V.....

DIRTYGHOST
24th February, 2011, 01:16 PM
If you have the SV-HD-combo box then your in with a chance just use the sat side of the box theres loads of good help on here in the threads just have a look around, if you aint got that box and just the standard SV box you have a really good door stop with just enough weight to prop open some quality doors.

SV cable is gone, kaput,finished,over bla bla bla

bigboy007
24th February, 2011, 01:34 PM
starview, back by weekend , starview , back next week starting with sports and asian channels , starview , my mate said they be back up n running ,

sick of hearing all these stories bout this and that and i jus thinking that nobody knows whats going on so why give false hope to all the starview "customers"

anybody got any GOOD TRUSTWORTHY advice, and no heard it thruough the grapevine crap!!
:manuscarf::party::manusign::manutop: starview is dead mate, all these idiots saying its not are just taking the urine. more chance of man city winning the premiership,fa cup, champions league etc . bunch of sheep shaggers :sheep: with nothing better to do than take the urine out of people.:manuscarf:

Shady
24th February, 2011, 02:10 PM
starview is dead mate, all these idiots saying its not are just taking the urine. more chance of man city winning the premiership,fa cup, champions league etc . bunch of sheep shaggers :sheep: with nothing better to do than take the urine out of people.:manuscarf:
a tad harsh there.. id say about 2% of the people saying its coming back are taking the pish..the others are just wishful thinking. and to call them a bunch of sheep shaggers? well thats just plain offensive

lagerland
24th February, 2011, 02:13 PM
Shadyback im in the same boat any pointers as 2 which sast box 2 look out out 4 thanks in advance.....

seannstacie
24th February, 2011, 02:15 PM
bought a starview box last month just wondering what box is best to buy next on cable? thanks

Shady
24th February, 2011, 02:15 PM
dreambox.
all day long

lagerland
24th February, 2011, 02:20 PM
Nice 1 r look into it thanx.

gadgetfiend
24th February, 2011, 03:42 PM
kryptview a780 is the best entry level box for cable at the moment, There are very few private cable shares set up and if you do buy even a basic dreambox then find one and buy their services, i doubt they would offer all channels + racing uk + main ppv events i.e. big boxing events + 3 adult channels coupled with your dreambox cost for anywhere near what you can get a KV for with its free access. So you have to consider your options and what your willing to spend, weighed up against what you can afford and what you need. Everyone saying KV is next is talking b@ll@x they are only guessing because nobody knows whats coming next in this game. NDS could find a way to counter cardsharing on the satellite systems that they deal with long before the KV is finished, as i said nobody knows for certain they both have the potential to be good or bad investments.

grizzlygaz
24th February, 2011, 04:02 PM
kryptview a780 is the best entry level box for cable at the moment, There are very few private cable shares set up and if you do buy even a basic dreambox then find one and buy their services, i doubt they would offer all channels + racing uk + main ppv events i.e. big boxing events + 3 adult channels coupled with your dreambox cost for anywhere near what you can get a KV for with its free access. So you have to consider your options and what your willing to spend, weighed up against what you can afford and what you need. Everyone saying KV is next is talking b@ll@x they are only guessing because nobody knows whats coming next in this game. NDS could find a way to counter cardsharing on the satellite systems that they deal with long before the KV is finished, as i said nobody knows for certain they both have the potential to be good or bad investments.

This is the best most sensible post I've seen on here for months, well said and spot on fella !

joeha
24th February, 2011, 06:00 PM
Which Dreambox is the best and what channels does it pick up. Honesty please.

punxxxter
24th February, 2011, 06:46 PM
i have the starview combo and gonna get a 1 meter dish with motor ive also orederd a Dreambox 800hd so i will no dought be on here asking for help with setting up.
what channels can i expect to pick up with this set up ?
and can i run the 2 boxes off the same sat dish with a splitter?

gadgetfiend
24th February, 2011, 06:46 PM
for cable dreambox info go HERE (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/)
for sat dreambox info go HERE (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/)

devang
24th February, 2011, 07:16 PM
Got Starview 7 just last month and it went off. Wanna move on now - Can any one please suggest that what should be the best option between Kryptview and Sat Dreambox?

mtv1
24th February, 2011, 07:20 PM
not even a question m8 sat box :) at least you will have someth if all goes to the wall , small motorized dish , bang 1000's of channels maybe look at dm800hd or the 500 if your budget is low , good luck ;)

j.efc
24th February, 2011, 07:44 PM
:ciao:mtv1,how much would it all cost m8,

mtv1
24th February, 2011, 09:54 PM
300 quid for dish and hd box 180-200 cheaper one shop around might get it cheaper . askk here i'm not that much into the price of stuff , i'm broke :(

musclegeek
24th February, 2011, 10:13 PM
Kryptview for 145 on their Facebook page kryptview box cheaper than sly share n you WILL get your money's worth!

gadgetfiend
24th February, 2011, 10:44 PM
can be had even cheaper some places.

gadgetfiend
24th February, 2011, 11:00 PM
If you buy all materials needed yourself, around ?70 gets you an 80cm dish, lnb, wall bracket and motor. Thats all providing you are competent enough to fit your own dish if not expect to pay an installer anything between 50 - 80 to do it or you. And they wont offer any guarantees if the equipment wasnt provided by them. A dm500s will set you back between ?50 -?60, so say ?180 - ?210 for a bog standard setup fitted for you and as it stands when fitted will only get you freesat and european fta channels. You will have to pay more either monthly, qaurterly, 6 monthly or annually for anything other than that unless off course your prepared to share something of your own which will cost a monthly sub.

blackmail
25th February, 2011, 12:59 PM
can be had even cheaper some places.

where do they sell them cheaper m8 can only find ?150 ?

Ron105
25th February, 2011, 03:23 PM
Hi Everyone,No one knows anything really everyone is living in hope.Dealers etc all saying this week,next week etc,We dont know we can only go off what we are told.The best option is Sat,I know 1 or 2 cant afford it as per c/line cost so if anything it would be nice for people to be told of cheap c/lines.....:manuscarf:

tubs
26th February, 2011, 09:57 AM
trying to set up dreambox is not as easy as people think and then trying to find a good ******* is hard to do i would stick with kv untill all is lost if all is lost no one n as yet AND KV are lookin at hd at the end of may all going well

Shady
26th February, 2011, 09:59 AM
trying to set up dreambox is not as easy as people think
yes it is

and then trying to find a good ******* is hard to do
no it isnt

dannyuk89
26th February, 2011, 11:11 AM

:manuscarf::party::manusign::manutop: put it in ur recyle bin mate they wont be coming back on despite what any1 says unfortunatly

markbirch1977
26th February, 2011, 11:26 AM
its very true they not coming back on, my supplyer says they will bring a new box out and then charge people again so nobody buy there boxs again ever robbing bas---ds

lagerland
26th February, 2011, 01:34 PM
can u pm please