PDA

View Full Version : help needed with eurovox max

Digger
20th April, 2008, 04:16 PM
i have a eurovox max and i'm wonderin how do i connect it to my laptop to upload the software fix, i have done it on a dreambox with an ethernet cable but this box has not got a thernet port, any help wud be greatfully appreciated, thanx

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 04:19 PM
if u have a null cable (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DB9-Female-DB9F-9pin-RS232-Serial-Null-Modem-1-5m-Cable_W0QQitemZ230243935183QQihZ013QQcategoryZ4199 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) then u just connect it and run the software in downloads m8 , the software has a installer built into it ,, 10 minutes and your up and running

C64
20th April, 2008, 04:32 PM
Unlikely to have a serial port on his laptop mate, very few do these days.

You might need to buy a usb <> serial adapter mate.

Digger
20th April, 2008, 04:35 PM
had a look and there is alot of downloads, do u know which one i shud download, sorry

Digger
20th April, 2008, 04:38 PM
i have a serial usb adapter so what do i do then, and what do i need to download, thanx

C64
20th April, 2008, 04:42 PM
I've never used a usb -serial adapter and from what i hear they are very temperamental.

Have a look at teh colour of your cardboard box that you machine came in, depending on the colour of the box that decides which colour of image you need to use :)

Retarded, yes I know :)

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 04:45 PM
dont think a serial cable works the pins r different ? does it work on your dreambox ? if it does then has to be a r232 null cable .. try it download the blue and red fixed ones in download and try blue first , if it says its the wrong box try red one .. unless u know if its red or a blue one .. depends on the colour of the box if came in

C64
20th April, 2008, 04:48 PM
Crazy that isn't it, the only way to tell which machine you have is to look at teh box it came in!

lol, surely there must be another way :)

Digger
20th April, 2008, 04:53 PM
i dont have the box it came in threw it out doh.... what software do i need to use to look at the box, i do have a null modem cable that works on my dreambox, shud i flash it r just install the new fix, and how do i do that lol, thanx

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 04:59 PM
i dont have the box it came in threw it out doh.... what software do i need to use to look at the box, i do have a null modem cable that works on my dreambox, shud i flash it r just install the new fix, and how do i do that lol, thanx
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=28 the two at the bottom m8 , after u have them on your pc double click to open and click download and the new software will write to the box and then scan again for channels

u can tell the model because theres different number vents, but the software knows and tells u when u try to install

Digger
20th April, 2008, 05:17 PM
i downloaded both and tried them but it says waiting for responce from the receiver, what am i doing wrong....

C64
20th April, 2008, 05:18 PM
Sounds like your connection is no good. :(

Have you tried rebooting the box?

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 05:24 PM
unplug box and as u refit the power press download on the sofware

Digger
20th April, 2008, 05:27 PM
yeah rebooted, am usin a usb adapter for the null modem cable and its askin me to select com port 3 or 4 but i dont think my usb ports r 3 or 4, what other cable cud i use to do this do you know? thanx

C64
20th April, 2008, 05:29 PM
Doesn't your adapter come with a driver and/or software to allow you to configure the com port?

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 05:30 PM
setting to change your com settings

Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Ports (COM & LPT) -> Prolific USB to Serial Bridge… at this point, take note of the COM number. Use that number when assigning the COM port

http://www.sabine.com/Newsletters/News-images/W2K-Device-Manager.jpg

in your Device Manager and double click your USB to Serial adapter. Click Port Settings and then Advanced. You should then be able to select the COM port (1, 2, 3, or 4) being careful not to select a COM port already in use on your computer.

Digger
20th April, 2008, 07:20 PM
got it workin lads thanx a million 4 all your help, your brilliant lads, thanx again

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 07:21 PM
great stuff m8 glad u got there

Digger
20th April, 2008, 10:08 PM
thought i had it workin, i downloaded to the box and then i scanned all the channels that took ages to do, then i got a menu up that was kinda askin me to choose coloured buttons off d remote and dont know what to do then, sorry...

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 10:10 PM
after the scan just exit and press ok to few channels ? u will have to tell u wot it says word for word m8

Digger
20th April, 2008, 10:15 PM
ok will do its scannin again and only on 300 out of 770 so i'll get back to lol, but thanx 4 all d help yee guys r great, a quick question how do yee all know so much about all this?....

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 10:18 PM
we love r toys and if something can be hacked all the better

Digger
20th April, 2008, 10:19 PM
well i'm only an electrician, but if anythin along that line that i can help with wud only be more than welcome to help r advise...

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 10:21 PM
well i'm only an electrician, but if anythin along that line that i can help with wud only be more than welcome to help r advise...

lm only a mechanic .. where all the same here normal every day jobs ,, the more u play the more u learn simple as.
l started with a eurovox 2 years ago .. then u get more toys lol and so on

Digger
20th April, 2008, 10:23 PM
cool not d only normal joe soap here lol, its on 530 now of 770....

Digger
20th April, 2008, 10:30 PM
ok cool its nearly finished scannin now....

Digger
20th April, 2008, 10:34 PM
ok its finished scannin and i just have a menu saying user installation and then there is a table sayin ch num, freq, symbol rate and modulator but the table is blank, i also have a menu sayin auto scan, manual scan, ch edit and power scan, whta do i do now helpppppp....

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 10:38 PM
when it was scanning did u see channel names being added ?

Digger
20th April, 2008, 10:42 PM
no dont think so it was just goin thru numbers and some where good quality and some were bad, am i on d wrong frequency maybe as i had a choice of 2?

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 10:45 PM
good chance m8 and u have the cable feed in the left at the top looking at the back ? if u have do scan on the other frequency u should see channels adding . also in the first box on power scan u can change the start frequency to 300 ,it will sreach faster then

r u in telewest or ntl ..or in Ireland

Digger
20th April, 2008, 10:52 PM
am after tryin the other frequency now but dont c channels addin but i'll wait till it finish's and c what happens eh, thanx again.... tell us whats d best box to use? what do you use mostly? if you dont mind me askin?

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 10:54 PM
am after tryin the other frequency now but dont c channels addin but i'll wait till it finish's and c what happens eh, thanx again.... tell us whats d best box to use? what do you use mostly? if you dont mind me askin?

the eurovox is a great box .. dreambox is a great box and toy

Digger
20th April, 2008, 10:59 PM
i have 3 boxs have this eurovox, a dreambox and a box pvr have them all workin well except this eurovox, the pvr is 4 me and d other two 4 d kids, what do u do with d dreambox, i know its d wrong forum so can i pm ya?...

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 11:01 PM
i have 3 boxs have this eurovox, a dreambox and a box pvr have them all workin well except this eurovox, the pvr is 4 me and d other two 4 d kids, what do u do with d dreambox, i know its d wrong forum so can i pm ya?...no need for pm';s just ask here m8 or even better post on the dreambox bit theres even more on there that no there stuff and will help u

Digger
20th April, 2008, 11:03 PM
i've a dreambox 500, how can i have it connected up to my wireless network at home and look at it on my pc if thats possible, still waitin on d eurovox 2 finish its scan on d new freq....

Digger
20th April, 2008, 11:07 PM
ok will do, still waitin on this scan to finish, really apprecaite your time and help...

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 11:08 PM
have any channels started showing in the boxes yet ?

if u look at the stickies in the dreambox forum theres all the info u need in easy steps

Digger
20th April, 2008, 11:12 PM
no nothin its just showin freq progress level and quality and under that its tp:ooo and thats it.....

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 11:15 PM
wheres the feed plugged into m8 wot side looking at the back

Digger
20th April, 2008, 11:20 PM
lookin at d back i'm plugged into d left upper called d rf in port, is that correct?

smirnoff_rules
20th April, 2008, 11:23 PM
thats right m8 . cant think why its going wrong its so basic ? ld reflash it and start again .. theres no reason why it dosnt work .

Digger
20th April, 2008, 11:45 PM
ok i reflashed and started d freq at 300 and it picked up 120 channels bit shud pick up 172, but when i start it at 100 freq it dont pick up anythin, any ideas why that is?

Digger
21st April, 2008, 12:06 AM
sorry think its got all d channels it needs thanx 4 all d help you have given me, cheers...

buster
7th May, 2008, 11:39 PM
Unlikely to have a serial port on his laptop mate, very few do these days.

You might need to buy a usb <> serial adapter mate.

any ideas how to get the eurovox max downloads to try to get it up and running again.