PDA

View Full Version : Cloning or programming

jane merrison
25th February, 2011, 09:25 AM
Hi all

I hope i have this right:

I have read some programmers cannot clone but can program.

Whats the difference please between cloning and programming?

Many thanks :stupido2:

ominimicu
25th February, 2011, 11:58 PM
they cannot make copy but they can progrram..lets say then cant read but they can write

jane merrison
26th February, 2011, 09:47 AM
they cannot make copy but they can progrram..lets say then cant read but they can write
Thanks Omi
Why would you want to read though?
Are there some cars where you have to read before you can program? :dong:

Thanks again

ominimicu
26th February, 2011, 02:57 PM
of course, in order to extrct the original file. unless you already have it from other sources

ecufix
5th April, 2011, 07:36 PM
If you for example cant program a new key to a car with a key programmer(for what ever the reason) you can clone (copy) that key with a cloning machine and it would work in that car.
regards

rayjay
6th April, 2011, 09:13 AM
Hi all

I hope i have this right:

I have read some programmers cannot clone but can program.

Whats the difference please between cloning and programming?

Many thanks :stupido2:

cloning machines are great but most can only clone to a specific type of key, take silca it clones to an electronic battery head key and these are enormous. other big name cloners can clone to glass or ceramic chips that can fit in oem looking keys, but these chips can be costly.

by using a programmer via OBD you can use oem keys that are cheaper and also get all the functions that maybe needed.

two main areas of problems for cloners are the id46 and 4d, the chines can do the latter but alot of people have problems with the software namely the instalation discs. newer cloners can do the id46 but also to specific chips.

are you looking at chinese machines or the original??

Diagnostic
8th April, 2011, 02:29 AM
Programming and cloning are different things and different procedure is used for scheduling machines and clonar.Algunos cases it is necessary to use two haser a key.

ray-ray
8th April, 2011, 04:55 AM
cloning =(copy) a value know inside the key and ecu.
programming = set the value from the key into the ecu.
who was here first the chicken or the egg?

adam28
9th April, 2011, 08:40 AM

'The chicken came first, not the egg', scientists prove | Metro.co.uk (http://www.metro.co.uk/news/835020-the-chicken-came-first-not-the-egg-scientists-prove) Hmmm not sure :laugh:

autofan1965
10th April, 2011, 08:53 PM
One important thing, when You make clone from key and customer lose old key You cant disable it in car, because when You make it You turn off cloned key too. Always best for customer is to program next key, not clone anything.

Strykerforce
20th May, 2011, 04:03 PM
cloning =(copy) a value know inside the key and ecu.
programming = set the value from the key into the ecu.

lol AGREED buddy....