PDA

View Full Version : Flashing box, but nothing except On on display

SG8
26th February, 2011, 06:08 PM
Back again!!

I had the Openbox sorted and working well, but when I powered it on this morning all I got was 'On' in the lcd display on the front panel, nothing on screen, and does not respond to any key presses on remote or buttons on the front of the box.

I tried flashing it with the software that I had originally used, and it appeared to have gone through the procedure (null modem cable) successfully but still the box only shows 'On' on the display.

Any suggestions appreciated!!!

Dub12Dave
28th February, 2011, 10:18 AM
I have seen that on occasions that problem can be fixed using the upgrade tool and flashing that way, have you tried that SG8 and which version of that tool did you use as I have used 2 versions myself, without any luck though it must be said.

SG8
28th February, 2011, 11:33 AM
I have seen that on occasions that problem can be fixed using the upgrade tool and flashing that way, have you tried that SG8 and which version of that tool did you use as I have used 2 versions myself, without any luck though it must be said.

Yep, tried both but no joy.

Dub12Dave
28th February, 2011, 03:17 PM
Just sent you a PM SG8, something for you to try.

jester1965
20th March, 2011, 09:42 PM
hi m8 got same problem here if you have any luck can you pass the info on to me plz, thanks in advance

Dub12Dave
21st March, 2011, 10:06 AM
hi m8 got same problem here if you have any luck can you pass the info on to me plz, thanks in advance

Read here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/box-says-copy-front-display-190945/ post number 14, try this and post back if it helped or not.

jester1965
23rd March, 2011, 08:35 PM
hi i need to flash my box(just says on, on the front) couple of questions, can i use usb-null modem cable do i have to be connected to sat cable and ethernet, and what software and files do i need and do i include bootloader as well, not sure if these questions make sence as im suffering from information overload at the mo

jester1965
1st April, 2011, 06:43 PM
great news got my box back from the dead, this is how. latest firmware, openbox s9 old loader, pc with dedicated null modem port(on motherboard) null modem cable, and fingers crossed. hope this helps if i can answer any questions plz contact:party:

hooley
1st April, 2011, 08:32 PM
great news got my box back from the dead, this is how. latest firmware, openbox s9 old loader, pc with dedicated null modem port(on motherboard) null modem cable, and fingers crossed. hope this helps if i can answer any questions plz contact:party:

Hmmm,that advice sounds familiar Jester. :top:

Dub12Dave
2nd April, 2011, 08:05 PM
Hmmm,that advice sounds familiar Jester. :top:

Yes very familiar indeed :proud: well done.