PDA

View Full Version : Antimatter & ghosts

hoggy952
27th February, 2011, 09:55 PM
Ghosts are unliving legends,never caught on CCTV, but by photographs..so not entirely believable.
I lost my wedding ring, looked everywhere for it, took all the furniture out of the room, placed back, a few days later, and I highlight a FEW days later, the ring was in the middle of the floor. Clearly visible.

After that, my computer chair collapsed, a bolt had sheared off. The back fell off. An extensive search didn't reveal the missing bolt.

The sheared head of the bolt was found in exactly the same place as the ring was found. In plain view. AFTER an extensive search again..?

So how can an object NOT be in plain sight, but be found IN plain sight?

Both object were lost...searched for, not found, then found?

thered
28th February, 2011, 03:41 PM
cant see the wood for the trees only focusing on a spot go away come back ahh it was there all a long why didnt i see it beacause you never looked in that spot or it never registered

just a hunch but i think if i was a ghost i think i would enjoy mysef a bit more than hiding a bolt

hoggy952
28th February, 2011, 11:09 PM
I can't understand though, when doing a search, then items turn up in an obvious place? They obviously weren't there on the search, so how did they move? Spooky!

Meat-Head
1st March, 2011, 09:54 PM
PARTLY ON TOPIC:-

Approx 16 years ago (maybee more) Daddy - (before he died)
basically put up 3 fence posts in the garden for Mummy to grow some Triffids up. What he did was used them hammer in and bolt up type bases.

OFF TOPIC:-

The posts have now rotted away and need replacing or trimming off.
As Daddy is still dead, not going to happen.

ON TOPIC:-

I knew it needed two 13MM spanners. There is one spanner in the garage
intended on using a pair of mole grips instead of another spanner.

Now i got out the shed a ford and just 'tickled' with the soil, as it had come up near the base, ok no problem.

Went back into the shed to get a saw (to cut the posts down), came back 30 seconds later, rusty, but useable 13 MM spanner laughing at me. Where had just tickled the soil. Defantly would have seen it/hit it had it been there. No way in 16 years of weeds and triffids could Mummy have not gone over that bit of soil.

Explain.

RedSpider
2nd March, 2011, 01:46 PM
I don't see what any of this has to do with either antimatter or ghosts.
The best 'out there' explaination i can think of is, maybe your ring and bolt slipped into a small temporal distortion and travelled into the future to land exactly where you found them but that's just crazy talk.

In addition, you may want to consider a diet or reinforced computer chair

Meat-Head
2nd March, 2011, 04:16 PM
I don't see what any of this has to do with either antimatter or ghosts.
The best 'out there' explaination i can think of is, maybe your ring and bolt

So what about the spanner Daddy 'left' for me?
There 16 years, not touched?

Snowy79
2nd March, 2011, 07:08 PM
I'd ask for a DNA test.
;-)